Drug Bust at San Diego State-96 arrested!

Pepper

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/06/sdsu.bust/index.html?section=cnn_latest

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Authorities have arrested nearly 100 people and seized guns and drugs in a sting operation at San Diego State University in California, the Drug Enforcement Administration said Tuesday.

Among those arrested were 75 students, some of them working toward criminal justice or homeland security degrees. One criminal justice major was charged with possession of guns and cocaine, authorities said.

One student sent a mass text message offering a "sale" on cocaine, the DEA said in a news release.

Campus police and the DEA began their undercover operation after the death of a student from an overdose in May 2007, the news release said. A second overdose death occurred as recently as February at a fraternity house.

more at link
~~~~~~~~~~~

The university president said all those arrested have been suspended and evicted if living on campus. One of those geniuses arrested asked if this would interfere with his chances of getting a job in law enforcement!

There are probably a lot of parents not so proud of their kids anymore either. :(

Aw, absinthe, that's sad. :( ((hugs))

From your link:

"A sad commentary is that when one of thse individuals was arrested, they inquired as to whether or not his arrest and incarceration would have an effect on his becoming a federal law enforcement officer," Patridge said.
Officials said one of the students arrested on suspicion of selling cocaine was a month away from getting his master's degree in homeland security and another worked as a student community service officer and reported to campus police. A student majoring in criminal justice was arrested for possession of 500 grams of cocaine and two guns, officials said.

:doh:

Scary, non?
I'm particularly struck by the guns...why would they need guns?

Holy sh_t! :eek:That's one of my alma maters. Well... even back in the '80's it had a reputation as a party school!

Scary, non?
I'm particularly struck by the guns...why would they need guns?

I am guessing to protect their stash from getting stolen. Sorry to hear about your friend's friend.

ps ... im a college student right now.

i'm NOT surprised at all. and not surprised by the number of homeland security/criminal justice majors involved.

I am not surprised at all...

I am just going to sit back and wait until the parents of these drugged out kids start coming on the news and blaming LE for planting drugs or mishandling the case.

I doubt any of the parents will blame THEIR KIDS for being druggies. :rolleyes:

I am not surprised at all...

I am just going to sit back and wait until the parents of these drugged out kids start coming on the news and blaming LE for planting drugs or mishandling the case.

I doubt any of the parents will blame THEIR KIDS for being druggies. :rolleyes:

lol ur right about that too. my parents would KILLLLL me. but i have know some people whose parents actually paid the school to not expell their kids. (sorry, but if you're GPA has been below a 1.0 for 2 1/2 years, it ain't workin out. and their not gonna get into law school!!!)

One of my boys is graduating from SDSU next week! I sent him a text asking if he has any inside info for us. I'll let you know.

One of my boys is graduating from SDSU next week! I sent him a text asking if he has any inside info for us. I'll let you know.

I was going to ask you about that!

I've been getting text and calls about it all day. Most of my friends are past their undergrad days, but we all have ties to that school.

I was going to ask you about that!

I've been getting text and calls about it all day. Most of my friends are past their undergrad days, but we all have ties to that school.
He hasn't written me back . Either he is in jail or in class :)
Seriously, we love that school and I am really sorry that this has happened. but I will still highly recommend. It is very tough to get into these days so these kids all are pretty brainy. he has gotten in incredible education there and yes he is a party animal. I was just watching a video he left on facebook about how he was hung over and about to write an 8 page paper that was for his final grade. Since he is graduating with honors <read bragging> I am not too worried lol.

It is a great school, love the campus. Definitely a party school! I went to UCSD, which was like the POLAR OPPOSITE of a party school.

It is a great school, love the campus. Definitely a party school! I went to UCSD, which was like the POLAR OPPOSITE of a party school.
UCSD is another great school. have another son that graduated from USD. I just love San Diego.

okay just got a text.
.in class call u when I get out.
I guess he's not in jail.

Whew! I was going to head down to County with a file in a cake ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back