1282 users online (249 members and 1033 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yikes! Nancy Grace is profiling the Yahweh sect - who also practice polygamy. The leader, Yisrayl Hawkins, has reportedly got two dozen wives, and forces children into hard labor at age 8. This group is considered dangerous, as it more closely resembles Jim Jones. They believe a nuclear holocaust is imminent. Shown is one of his sermons on war and famine, which he says we're now experiencing. The nuclear holocaust was to happen in 2000.

The compound, 120 miles north of El Dorado (FLDS). They all live in trailers. Hawkins is being charged with rape of his step-daughter. The same set up as the FLDS - children made to work, welfare payments, men working and pay going to the church.

Nancy Grace covered this sect on her show tonight and briefly covered the Flds.

I started another thread for House of Yahweh since this thread was started for the New Mexico freakshow, I mean cult.

I found several archived articles from the Abilene Reporter-News dating back to 2006, but they've been around this area since their former cop turned "prophet" founded House of Yahweh after he was fired from the APD in the 1980's. I didn't want to take over this thread so I made a new one. Here's the link.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    In other news, the sect leader of a cult in New Mexico was arrested this week for having sex with underage girls.

On Thursday night, Larry King Live is devoting his program to "going inside a cult." Although this is not about the FLDS, it should give a good background on cults. Check your television schedule for Larry King Live on CNN for the time in your area.

Posted at: 05/06/2008 11:14:34 AM
    Updated at: 05/06/2008 07:44:20 PM
    By: Gadi Schwartz KOB-TV, and Joshua Panas KOB.com

Cult leader arrested
    Wayne Bent
    The New Mexico cult leader, who claims to be the Messiah, is now behind bars.
    He was arrested Tuesday at his compound in Union County, charged with child molestation.
    Wayne Bent is currently being held at the Union County Detention Center.

http://kob.com/article/stories/S435357.shtml?cat=517

He's going to jail.....
    http://www.taosnews.com/articles/200...9894832633.txt

snip ~~
    A Taos jury found the religious sect leader guilty Monday (Dec. 15) of three out of four counts accusing him of fondling and lying naked with two teenage girls in 2006. See video with interviews here.

Religious nuts and sex with young girls. What is it about men, religion, and oppression of women? You'd think that religious people would would respect the rights of young women to grow up as vessels of God, not man and actually protect their children from sexual abuse because they are 'of God.' I'm starting to think that God needs to smite a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    In other news, the sect leader of a cult in New Mexico was arrested this week for having sex with underage girls.

On Thursday night, Larry King Live is devoting his program to "going inside a cult." Although this is not about the FLDS, it should give a good background on cults. Check your television schedule for Larry King Live on CNN for the time in your area.

Posted at: 05/06/2008 11:14:34 AM
    Updated at: 05/06/2008 07:44:20 PM
    By: Gadi Schwartz KOB-TV, and Joshua Panas KOB.com

Cult leader arrested
    Wayne Bent
    The New Mexico cult leader, who claims to be the Messiah, is now behind bars.
    He was arrested Tuesday at his compound in Union County, charged with child molestation.
    Wayne Bent is currently being held at the Union County Detention Center.

http://kob.com/article/stories/S435357.shtml?cat=517
    This has got to be the worst kind of sin in the world, molesting/abusing a child and using the lord's name to do it, God please hold me back from strangling these men and women who do this!!! Im glad at least the disgusting thing is in jail. Sorry people this stuff infuriates me.

Quote Originally Posted by yolorado View Post
    Religious nuts and sex with young girls. What is it about men, religion, and oppression of women? You'd think that religious people would would respect the rights of young women to grow up as vessels of God, not man and actually protect their children from sexual abuse because they are 'of God.' I'm starting to think that God needs to smite a few people.

I dont think any of these men are religious men thats why. To me, they just use it as an excuse to be a pervert and make what they are doing seem right. I wish God would smite them too for doing it!
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Sorry have i missed something ? Latter Day Saints have cults ? polygamous Cults ?

mormans have cults one way or another. just ask me if you dont believe it.
    This is just my opinion.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not a cult, it is a mainstream religion. Now as in other faiths, there are those that choose a very similiar name and practice polygamy and they are not in any way connected to the mainstream latter day saints.

flowerchild, says that once in a cult that practices polygamy that these people cannot be accepted into the mainstream church, but unless she has first hand knowledge, I would disagree. I don't know of anyone who wants to join and does so by baptism and the laying on of hands that is refused entrance as we are all children of our Heavenly Father and all come under the atonement of Jesus Christ.
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2