MD - Two 13 year olds attempt to rape Asst. Principal

believe09

Reaction score
This school has been rated one of the most dangerous in the country AND the teens returned to the school on Monday AFTER the attempt, assuming that it was just business as usual...WTH?

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/16191772/detail.html

Man in my day, it was respect your teachers or your parents would open up a can...there was no such thing as "personality conflicts" or my teacher doesn't like me. You dealt with it and it was assumed you were the problem...while there are extremes to this view point of course, I found it effective later in life because I learned how to deal with all kinds of people and still get things accomplished....

Man in my day, it was respect your teachers or your parents would open up a can...there was no such thing as "personality conflicts" or my teacher doesn't like me. You dealt with it and it was assumed you were the problem...while there are extremes to this view point of course, I found it effective later in life because I learned how to deal with all kinds of people and still get things accomplished....

I know there is the same problem in Britain and Germany. any type of authority outrightly disrespected by students and parents.

it's the fall of western civilisation, IMO.

But Jimmy Gittings, head of the union that represents school administrators, said the blame must start at home.

"Once our parents start teaching our children how to respect the community and respect the schools, this whole violence situation will do a complete turnabout," he said.

In my day, my mom listened to me and the teacher and if the teacher was right - I was in trouble. If the teacher wasn't right, I wasn't. I was a good kid and mom knew me well, so she knew the difference. Just like your parent's way of handling it taught you a valuable lesson in dealing with all types of authority, my mom's way taught me to look at the big picture (both great lessons, just two different ones from the same type situation.) I'm wondering if these kids nowdays get ANY lessons from conflicts at school with teachers... other than authority is not important.

What is up with a parent saying my kid "probably" won't go to this school? I gave my daughter her choice of schools since Elementary School (we hold school fairs to advertise) and there were two schools I did not allow her to have in the choice. Dangerous places aren't where I wish to send my daughter.

To think that these are the future "adults" of the world is a scary thought.

Too many people take the easy way out and expect children to raise themselves.

There two boys are violent at age 13 and attempt to "rape" a women who is in authority. What about other people in authority who "attempt" to consequence the boys for a criminal act. Like a police officer.

There two boys are violent at age 13 and attempt to "rape" a women who is in authority. What about other people in authority who "attempt" to consequence the boys for a criminal act. Like a police officer.

Yes. my thought for the future exactly. :(

That would be the best case scenereo. The police officer is trained and equipped to taze them into submission. It's their girlfriends that are going to suffer.

My ALL TIME favorite bumper sticker was put out by our Department of Juvinile Justice and said:
"Spend time with your kids... so we don't have to."

What they need to do is send those boys to juvie until they're 21. I hope that is the "example" they're thinking of. If they get a slap on the wrist; heck they were already back in school on Monday??!! Then that will just tell them and the rest of their peers that they can get away with this type of behavior. 13 years old and trying to rape an assistant principal!!

What they need to do is send those boys to juvie until they're 21. I hope that is the "example" they're thinking of. If they get a slap on the wrist; heck they were already back in school on Monday??!! Then that will just tell them and the rest of their peers that they can get away with this type of behavior. 13 years old and trying to rape an assistant principal!!

Makes me wonder who else they've tried to rape? or even successfully raped. :(

Baltimore City, what a shocker.

That place is a haven for drugs, rape and violence. Most of those kids don't stand a chance, they grow up on the streets, no parents around and the ones that are, don't stand a chance either.

That would be the best case scenereo. The police officer is trained and equipped to taze them into submission. It's their girlfriends that are going to suffer.

My ALL TIME favorite bumper sticker was put out by our Department of Juvinile Justice and said:
"Spend time with your kids... so we don't have to."

My bold and italics-this is my new favorite saying!!!!

It seems that respect for your elders and peers is going by the wayside. I see so many younger people that seem to think that laws are for everyone else. What has happened???

These are the future inmates of the world.

But Jimmy Gittings, head of the union that represents school administrators, said the blame must start at home.

"Once our parents start teaching our children how to respect the community and respect the schools, this whole violence situation will do a complete turnabout," he said.

I think this is so true. And while I agree that sometimes you can have a bad kid despite good parenting, I don't think it is the norm. I think parents should get in trouble too and be required to take parenting classes when their kids get in trouble like this. I think the parents should have to take classes that teach them that they do have to supervise their children, violence in the home is unacceptable, they do have to cook and feed these kids and they do have to keep them off the streets. UGGGGHHHHH!

Salem

I know there is the same problem in Britain and Germany. any type of authority outrightly disrespected by students and parents.

I think you are dead on with that prediction Floh. If we look back at what the prerequisites where for when a world power fell and made way for the next one.

I couldn't disagree with you more Floh. I've got three kids from age 13 to age 28 and all of them have had their entire lives free from fights and being afraid to go to school. I think these incidents, while sickening, are pretty much in problem schools and could be solved if the district wanted to get off their fat butts and do something about it. These are probably the same school district who have ZERO parent and grandparent participation, not enough money for books and school supplies and, I'm sorry to say, teachers who might not be able to get hired anyplace else. Okay teachers, let me have it.

I have heard for years from teachers who refuse to teach classes beyond the 3 rd grade because of the intimidation factor. After all, they are just one person and the class is 15-30 in size. ??? out side of the military and LE, plus Firefighters, where is there a job where we EXPEXCT the professionals to be in physical danger from the individuals they assist? And at least in LE etc they make a decent salary (for the most part), as opposed to teachers.

Extreme examples excepted, there is always reason to respect another person even if you do not love or like them...that is the lesson I learned. I was taught to respect elderly because they are further along the journey than I am-that alone is reason enough. That being said, there are all kinds of ways to right wrongs in a respectful manner, even in teacher/student conflicts. For these 13 year olds to think that their behavior is even mildly excusable is monsterous-and yet they assumed that they would be welcome to return to school after the event...

I had a science teacher in high school who was arrested for crimes against children. Since he had tenyer (sp?) he could not be fired and after settling the matter in criminal court, he was allowed to return to his job. It never once occurred to me to taunt him or bring this to his attention in any way-I simply looked out for myself and my fellow students-we were beyond his age range anyway. Now this was back in the day when these guys were whispered about but not much was done-but our parents brought significant pressure to the school board, and he was eventually retired and allowed to collect his benefits provided he did not attempt to teach in another school system.

Am I making sense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back