784 users online (86 members and 698 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Awwww....baby hedgehogs..

Look of them!!!

Be sucked in by their cuteness!!

Click to article (like anyone cares about anything but the pics)

Awwww
    We use to have a hedge hog.
    They make neat pets!!

They are so tiny....how cute

Pardon my ignorance here. It makes sense to me to assume hedgehogs are born alive, like a mammal. If so, I'd hate to be a hedgehog mommy. Ouch.

I love hedgehogs! Do they really make good pets?

too cute-

They are so ugly they are cute.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsAndGumdrops View Post
    Pardon my ignorance here. It makes sense to me to assume hedgehogs are born alive, like a mammal. If so, I'd hate to be a hedgehog mommy. Ouch.
    It's not ignorance at all - it's actually quite insightful. (However, also quite painful to even contemplate!)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

I saw a baby opossum the other day. The baby was standing on the side of the street and was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Opossums are mean mean animals and very protective of their babies. Needless to say, I don't know anyone that likes opossums -especially me. I don't like them and I think they look like over grown rats, so I was surprised by how cute the baby was. My husband and my coworkers all thought I was crazy when i told them about the cutest animal I have ever seen.

They do make good pets they are usually very well mannered and tame.

I will agree about the opossums.
    We had one and he was mean! But we have a friend that has a couple and his are really sweet.

OMG...I want one of those baby hedgehogs!!! That baby is sooo cute!! I bet their little quilly things aren't real sharp when their born (at least I hope not...ouch!!)
    But possums give me the creeps!! It's just something about them... Possums and nutria..anyone ever encountered one of them?
    It's a HUGE RAT!!!!
    Last edited by czechmate7; 05-08-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Baby anythings are cute! Well, maybe not bugs and snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Baby anythings are cute! Well, maybe not bugs and snakes.
    How can you say that!!! We had some precious teeny bugs, bright red & shiny black and some yellow, just teeny tiny things, and soooooooo colorful. They looked especially nice feeding on my garden tomatoes.

Unfortunately ... they grew up, and they won the war. The tomatoes and I lost. That round, anyway.

This year I'm going to grow cherry tomatoes inside in an Aerogarden! IF the cat doesn't attack the plants.

I had a dwarf hedgehog many years ago, when they first "came out". But there wasn't any place to go for info on them and the petstore gave me the wrong care instructions. I don't remember now, I think they told me to feed them wet cat food and they are supposed to eat dry dog food or the reverse. Anyway, the poor thing only lasted about a year. I felt so bad, but it was ignorance. It was a cool pet but not very cuddly. Had to pick it up with an oven mit! They do a thing called "annointing the quills". They lick and groom themselves and there is something in their saliva that is irritating and it would itch your hands a little bit.

I knew someone who had a hedgehog. He'd roll into a ball when he didn't want to be disturbed. Poor thing ended up w/ mites so bad, he was chewing his toes off.
    Last edited by kahskye; 05-09-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: can't spell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast