Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Look of them!!!

hedgeSWNS0705_468x548.jpg

Be sucked in by their cuteness!!

hedge2APEX0705_468x293.jpg

Click to article (like anyone cares about anything but the pics)

Awwww
We use to have a hedge hog.
They make neat pets!!

Pardon my ignorance here. It makes sense to me to assume hedgehogs are born alive, like a mammal. If so, I'd hate to be a hedgehog mommy. Ouch.

I saw a baby opossum the other day. The baby was standing on the side of the street and was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Opossums are mean mean animals and very protective of their babies. Needless to say, I don't know anyone that likes opossums -especially me. I don't like them and I think they look like over grown rats, so I was surprised by how cute the baby was. My husband and my coworkers all thought I was crazy when i told them about the cutest animal I have ever seen.

They do make good pets they are usually very well mannered and tame.

I will agree about the opossums.
We had one and he was mean! But we have a friend that has a couple and his are really sweet.

:eek:OMG...I want one of those baby hedgehogs!!! That baby is sooo cute!! I bet their little quilly things aren't real sharp when their born (at least I hope not...ouch!!)
But possums give me the creeps!! It's just something about them... Possums and nutria..anyone ever encountered one of them?
1633577295_e5b7699659-1.jpg
It's a HUGE RAT!!!!:eek:

Baby anythings are cute! Well, maybe not bugs and snakes.

Baby anythings are cute! Well, maybe not bugs and snakes.

How can you say that!!! We had some precious teeny bugs, bright red & shiny black and some yellow, just teeny tiny things, and soooooooo colorful. They looked especially nice feeding on my garden tomatoes.

Unfortunately ... they grew up, and they won the war. The tomatoes and I lost. That round, anyway.

This year I'm going to grow cherry tomatoes inside in an Aerogarden! IF the cat doesn't attack the plants. :eek:

I had a dwarf hedgehog many years ago, when they first "came out". But there wasn't any place to go for info on them and the petstore gave me the wrong care instructions. I don't remember now, I think they told me to feed them wet cat food and they are supposed to eat dry dog food or the reverse. Anyway, the poor thing only lasted about a year. I felt so bad, but it was ignorance. It was a cool pet but not very cuddly. Had to pick it up with an oven mit! They do a thing called "annointing the quills". They lick and groom themselves and there is something in their saliva that is irritating and it would itch your hands a little bit.

I knew someone who had a hedgehog. He'd roll into a ball when he didn't want to be disturbed. Poor thing ended up w/ mites so bad, he was chewing his toes off. :eek:

Boy those things are so cute and tiny! They do have a wrinkled face don't they?

oppossums

i must come to the defense of north america's only marsupial.... possums are cute! stupid but cute.

think about it... when you see one he is usually dead on the side of the road.... not at his best.

i raised 6 from the time they were pinkies, taken from mom's pouch ..... she was ... you guessed it... dead on the road...... babies went with me everywhere as they had to be fed every couple hours & by the time I had fed & "pottied" each, it was time to start all over.... was happy when they were old enough to eat from a bowl and do "doody duties" without assistance!

looking at a possum straight in the face ...keen nose & beady eyes... well , it is an aquired taste..... but they were fun to handle... "played possum" if afraid and hung on fingers by their tail when at ease................ you really have to appreciate their adaptibility ..... many are able to thrive in near proximity to people & other animals..... very heart-warming to see babies traveling on mom's back, hanging on a hunk of fur, usually in search of diiner... and they are omnivorous so almost anything will suit their palate!

seriously, they have beautiful fur... soft, thick & quite a range of colorations.....a well kept secret.... & that's a good thing for possums because they are not killed for their pelts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back