862 users online (142 members and 720 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - Wendy Eaton, 15, Media, 17 May 1975

Missing 33 years...

-------------------
    Wendy Eaton
    Missing since May 17, 1975 from Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
    Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 26, 1959
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'10; 90 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    Medical Conditions: Eaton is deaf in one ear.
    Dentals: She wore orthodontic braces.
    Marks, Scars: She wears corrective lenses and has pierced ears.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Eaton was last seen on May 17, 1975, at around 3:05pm, walking about 3 blocks from her home on Moccasin Trail in Middletown, PA. She was on her way to the downtown area Media, about a mile away, to buy a birthday gift for her brother.

Bloodhounds tracked her movement to the intersection of Indian Lane and Media Station Road, where she was last seen. But no further trace of her was ever found.

Wendy's disappearance coincided with the slayings of several other girls whose remains were found in the Tinicum Marsh area, but no evidence has ever been found that would link Wendy to those victims.

Authorities said that Wendy was a girl very unlikely to have run away on her own.

She planned to attend a singing group rehearsal at their church on the night she vanished. Her relatives stated that Eaton would not have missed the rehearsal.

Investigators
    If you have any information related to Eaton's case, please contact:

Pennsylvania State Police
    Troop K
    1-484-840-1000

or

Pennsylvania State Police
    Missing Persons Unit
    717-783-5524

All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCMEC #: NCMC601124

NCIC Number: M-361834859

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    Pennsylvania Missing Persons
    Charley Project
    The Doe Network: Case File 90DFPA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/90dfpa.html

When Carolyn Majane's remains were found, Wendy's parents believed they might have been Wendy's. I have been doing some research on "The Marsh Murders". I have not yet turned up that much information. Media is i n very close proximity to NJ and MD.

Lyon Sisters Topic...

Wendy's case is mentioned on the Websleuths featured case of Sheila and Katherine Lyon's 25 March 1975 disappearance from Wheaton Maryland.

When I realized that she did not have a thread of her own here in Cold Cases, I started this one.

Missing for 35 years...

Wendy Eaton went missing on 17 May 1975. Her case has never been solved.

The recent hijacking of all these threads from the Cold Case files has meant fewer people see them and locating a specific one is more difficult.

I have noticed that along with the move to this location, some have been re-titled and some have even been attributed to other than to the thread's origional author.

Hijacking? These threads were reorganized and moved to their own area- something necessary as Websleuths grows. You'll get used to the change. I know change is not always easy, but I promise you will get used to it. Also, there is a sticky note advising of this reorganization in the cold case forum.

As for attributing who started a thread. When there are 2,3,4 and in some cases 5 threads set up for the same topic, they were merged as there is no need for so many threads on one subject. Because the software merges posts by date, if another thread was started earlier those posts will appear first, because they appear by date.

Hope this helps, and if you have any further questions you can always pm a moderator or utilize the stickied threadiquette area specifically for questions!

Thank you

Cubby
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

i wish there was a family website for her....i just cant imagine what families go thru all of these years......

I know it's a longshot

since the remains were found 3 years after and across the country from where she disappeared, but does anyone think Hot Case 863 on the doenetwork could be Wendy? She was 4'11", 90 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes, pierced ears, and deaf in one ear. The Hot Case 863 victim was estimated to be 5'1", 90 pounds, with brown hair, brown eyes, pierced ears, and one ear that was slightly deformed and smaller than the other.

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase863.html

Interesting possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by rlc View Post
    since the remains were found 3 years after and across the country from where she disappeared, but does anyone think Hot Case 863 on the doenetwork could be Wendy? She was 4'11", 90 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes, pierced ears, and deaf in one ear. The Hot Case 863 victim was estimated to be 5'1", 90 pounds, with brown hair, brown eyes, pierced ears, and one ear that was slightly deformed and smaller than the other.

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase863.html
    The victim was located in Proctor Valley, in eastern San Diego County, CA. She appeared to have been tortured and set afire.

It does seem to be a long shot. But within the realm of possibility.

Hard to believe that she has not been identified after so many years - but perhaps the reason for that is that she was not from the area where she was found...

Bumping case up.

Weird how so many of these 70s cases have so many details in common.

Simple Coincidence or Serial Killer?

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    Weird how so many of these 70s cases have so many details in common.
    I agree. While it could be coincidence, it is also possible that a Serial Killer was at work in the Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia area in and around 1975.

This possibility is discussed in the feature topic on the Lyon sisters missing since 25 March 1975, in the thread on "Possible Connections".

While I doubt that all of the cases discussed there are connected to only one person, it is quite possible that several of them are - and that there may be connections between other cases discussed, even if not related to the disappearance of Sheila and Kate Lyon.

I think it's the same perp in some of these cases

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    I think it's the same perp in some of these cases
    Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone went missing from Secane PA about two years after Wendy's disappearance from Media (less than 6 miles from Secane). The circumstances are almost identical. Both girls were simply walking through the neighborhood, and disappeared without a trace.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ne_cheryl.html

Bikers were suspected in Cheryl's case, though

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast