PA PA - Wendy Eaton, 15, non-family abduction, Media, 17 May 1975

Richard

Reaction score
Missing 33 years...

-------------------
Wendy Eaton
Missing since May 17, 1975 from Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 26, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'10; 90 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Medical Conditions: Eaton is deaf in one ear.
Dentals: She wore orthodontic braces.
Marks, Scars: She wears corrective lenses and has pierced ears.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Eaton was last seen on May 17, 1975, at around 3:05pm, walking about 3 blocks from her home on Moccasin Trail in Middletown, PA. She was on her way to the downtown area Media, about a mile away, to buy a birthday gift for her brother.

Bloodhounds tracked her movement to the intersection of Indian Lane and Media Station Road, where she was last seen. But no further trace of her was ever found.

Wendy's disappearance coincided with the slayings of several other girls whose remains were found in the Tinicum Marsh area, but no evidence has ever been found that would link Wendy to those victims.

Authorities said that Wendy was a girl very unlikely to have run away on her own.

She planned to attend a singing group rehearsal at their church on the night she vanished. Her relatives stated that Eaton would not have missed the rehearsal.

Investigators
If you have any information related to Eaton's case, please contact:

Pennsylvania State Police
Troop K
1-484-840-1000

or

Pennsylvania State Police
Missing Persons Unit
717-783-5524

All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCMEC #: NCMC601124

NCIC Number: M-361834859

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Pennsylvania Missing Persons
Charley Project
The Doe Network: Case File 90DFPA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/90dfpa.html

When Carolyn Majane's remains were found, Wendy's parents believed they might have been Wendy's. I have been doing some research on "The Marsh Murders". I have not yet turned up that much information. Media is i n very close proximity to NJ and MD.

Wendy's case is mentioned on the Websleuths featured case of Sheila and Katherine Lyon's 25 March 1975 disappearance from Wheaton Maryland.

When I realized that she did not have a thread of her own here in Cold Cases, I started this one.

since the remains were found 3 years after and across the country from where she disappeared, but does anyone think Hot Case 863 on the doenetwork could be Wendy? She was 4'11", 90 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes, pierced ears, and deaf in one ear. The Hot Case 863 victim was estimated to be 5'1", 90 pounds, with brown hair, brown eyes, pierced ears, and one ear that was slightly deformed and smaller than the other.

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase863.html

since the remains were found 3 years after and across the country from where she disappeared, but does anyone think Hot Case 863 on the doenetwork could be Wendy? She was 4'11", 90 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes, pierced ears, and deaf in one ear. The Hot Case 863 victim was estimated to be 5'1", 90 pounds, with brown hair, brown eyes, pierced ears, and one ear that was slightly deformed and smaller than the other.

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase863.html

The victim was located in Proctor Valley, in eastern San Diego County, CA. She appeared to have been tortured and set afire.

It does seem to be a long shot. But within the realm of possibility.

Hard to believe that she has not been identified after so many years - but perhaps the reason for that is that she was not from the area where she was found...

Weird how so many of these 70s cases have so many details in common.

I agree. While it could be coincidence, it is also possible that a Serial Killer was at work in the Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia area in and around 1975.

This possibility is discussed in the feature topic on the Lyon sisters missing since 25 March 1975, in the thread on "Possible Connections".

While I doubt that all of the cases discussed there are connected to only one person, it is quite possible that several of them are - and that there may be connections between other cases discussed, even if not related to the disappearance of Sheila and Kate Lyon.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Eaton was last seen on May 17, 1975.

A sophomore at Penncrest High School, "Whizzie'' stayed at home on Mocassin Lane to sunbathe on the roof outside her bedroom window while while her parents and brother went to play golf at the country club.

When the family returned home about 7 PM, they found Wendy's bathing suit on her bed.

Several neighbors last saw her walking to the intersection of Indian Lane and Media Station Road, three blocks from her home in the Indian Trails development, about 3 PM. The family suspects she was on her way to Media to buy her brother a birthday gift.

Bloodhounds tracked her movement to the intersection of Indian Lane and Media Station Road, where she was last seen. But no further trace of her was ever found.

Wendy's disappearance coincided with the slayings of several other girls whose remains were found in the Tinicum Marsh area, but no evidence has ever been found that would link Wendy to those victims.

Authorities said that Wendy was a girl very unlikely to have run away on her own.

She planned to attend a singing group rehearsal at their church on the night she vanished. Her relatives stated that Eaton would not have missed the rehearsal.

In about 1977 or 78 I was walking alone in Media when I was approached by a male in a car who offered me a ride. When i said no thanks, the man persisted and started asking questions about where I was going and trying to talk me into his car. I started to get scared and took off running towards my school on 4th. He CHASED me in his car and when I stopped to cross the street he pulled up besides me and yelled at me asking why I would take off running like that. I was terrified at that point and I yelled that he had better leave me alone or I would run into school and call the police. He took off lifk a bat out of hell. I was 9 or 10 but was very tall for my age and often mistaken for an older kid. I've always wondered if this event had anything to do with Wendy's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back