ID - Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez for raping, impregnating 9yo girl, Rexburg, 2008

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
:furious::furious::furious:

A man has been charged with raping a 10-year-old girl who later gave birth in eastern Idaho.

The girl gave birth less than two weeks ago by caesarian section at Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg, Fremont County Sheriff Ralph C. Davis and other authorities said. Officials would not disclose the gender, date of birth or paternity of the baby.

"I wouldn't have believed a 10-year-old could conceive in the first place," Davis said.

http://www.2news.tv/news/18769804.html

Title has been changed!

That is really sad for both babies. :(

I don't understand how other adults didn't see that there was a problem here. A 10 yr old is not going to be able to hide a pregnancy that well for 9 months!!!!! :mad:

Not that I mean she wanted to hide it. Oh, hopefully y'all know what I mean.

Okay, is anyone else pissed off about the headline? Allegedly raped??:furious: A 10 year old child cannot consent to sex!

The headline and the comment from the sheriff irk me. He ought to get more educated about how early some kids could get pregnant.

Okay, is anyone else pissed off about the headline? Allegedly raped??:furious: A 10 year old child cannot consent to sex!

You are so right, sometimes I wish we could take the law in our own hands and someone would torture the man that did this.

Exactly, Zanko. Fox News did that with another case and someone here wrote them about it!

That is really sad for both babies. :(

I don't understand how other adults didn't see that there was a problem here. A 10 yr old is not going to be able to hide a pregnancy that well for 9 months!!!!! :mad:

I don't understand this either, I can't believe parents or another family member wouldn't have noticed something was amiss here!

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with the usage of the word "Allegedly" either! ITA, regarding child cannot consent to sex, why in heavens name would they word it this way?

Oh I'm p'od. I'll take this little girl and her baby too. Oh...... what to say! Okay - I'm on board with the baseball bats, who's doing the driving and when are we leaving??????

That poor little girl. Where the #@!* are her parents? I think her parents should be charged for negligence also. Who the heck has a pregnant ten year old and doesn't realize that something is wrong? Why wasn't she taken to the doctor? I know sometimes children will not tell you things, but they sure a heck will act it out!!! If you are paying attention, you will get a clue. Her parents also need to answer for this, I'm not saying it is their fault, but I am saying they should have been paying closer attention to this little girl!

Salem

That poor little girl. Where the #@!* are her parents? I think her parents should be charged for negligence also. Who the heck has a pregnant ten year old and doesn't realize that something is wrong? Why wasn't she taken to the doctor? I know sometimes children will not tell you things, but they sure a heck will act it out!!! If you are paying attention, you will get a clue. Her parents also need to answer for this, I'm not saying it is their fault, but I am saying they should have been paying closer attention to this little girl!

Salem

I for the life of me can't imagine how the parents (if there were a set of parents) didn't notice the change in their little girl. It didn't mention the size of the child, but I would think a 10 yr old surely would have a significant weight gain carrying a baby inside. Why was this child so uncomfortable to tell she was raped? Makes me think it might be a family member wanting to keep her quiet. Talk about a baby having a baby!

Oh I'm p'od. I'll take this little girl and her baby too. Oh...... what to say! Okay - I'm on board with the baseball bats, who's doing the driving and when are we leaving??????

Salem

I agree Salem

Are we sure it wasn't the girl's dad that did it? I watched a show once (fiction?) where a 12 year old had a baby. She was raped by her father. Her family ignored it. The girl's mom raised the baby and said it was hers while she allowed the 12 year old to continue to be raped.

I am with the rest of you on the word "Allegedly" :furious::furious: This is a 10 yearold child we are talking about!

Salem, make my bat an aluminum one...wanna make sure mine does not break!

Very sad...
I agree - I can't understand how the "parents" knew nothing!!

I take exception to the last lines of the article where it says children are menstuating earlier because they are overweight. I am almost 40, and started my period when I was 10. I was very thin, probably 80 pounds. This was 30 years ago!

I agree that the girl was too young to consent, and there are laws that say how old you can consent. Either way, this guy was over 18, so he raped her according to the law.

I also didn't see in the article where the parents didn't know. I do know that the hospital reported it and not them, though.:furious:

I take exception to the last lines of the article where it says children are menstuating earlier because they are overweight. I am almost 40, and started my period when I was 10. I was very thin, probably 80 pounds. This was 30 years ago!

I agree that the girl was too young to consent, and there are laws that say how old you can consent. Either way, this guy was over 18, so he raped her according to the law.

I also didn't see in the article where the parents didn't know. I do know that the hospital reported it and not them, though.:furious:

I didn't notice that... but I agree with you - my dd also started her period around 10/11 (5th grade) and she has never been over weight.

I bet dollars to donuts this guy is her dad/stepdad/livein relative, there will be additional charges and he prolly has been molesting her for some time....very sad.

In documents that were filed April 29 in 7th District Court and obtained by The Associated Press, Gutierrez-Juarez is charged with one count of rape. He remained in jail with bail set at $250,000 pending a preliminary hearing May 13.

Authorities said Gutierrez-Juarez did not have legal documentation to live in the United States. His home town and nationality were not immediately clear, but police said they had received no complaints about him before investigating the pregnancy.

The investigation was continuing. Smith would not give details on the condition of the girl but said additional counts of rape could be filed.

"The prosecutor is still considering doing that," he said.

This poor girl. I hope this guy is punished fully. I wonder if it was a relative? My friend who works for social services was telling me the other day that she had a girl who is now 16 who was raped by her adoptive uncle pretty much her whole life. When she was 7 she got herpes from him and she has been bounching from home to home since. She now was raped by her foster brother and is back looking for a home. Why must people ruin these little ones lives, I will never understand.

Salem
I'll drive...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77