1231 users online (265 members and 966 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    115

    The Police Officers in this case

    For the past week this board seems kind of dead.
    I read ACandyRose.com http://www.acandyrose.com/05191998arndtvsboulder.htm
    It says "Arndt says that by 10:35am every police officer was gone and she was on her own.
    Arndt says she suggested that John Ramsey and Fleet White search the house; an instruction for which she would later be strongly criticized.
    Why weren't the other officers bashed about leaving her alone in the house? Why was she the only officer that got bashed about her work on the case that morning?
    "Arndt says she arrived at the police station within 1/2 hour where she requested immediate FBI backup and a department-wide alert. It was 8:10am when Arndt and another detective, Fred Paterson, arrived at the Ramsey house. They were met by two patrol officers who had already searched the house.
    There are 2 versions to this story,
    1. Linda Ardnt was the first officer to arrive on the scene of the Ramsey's house Dec.26.1996.
    2. Detective Fred Paterson was the first to arrived to the Ramsey home and seen that Patsy had the same clothes on the from night before.
    Which one is true?
    Aunt Pam: JonBenet why don't you put your shoes on? JonBenet: Because I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
    For the past week this board seems kind of dead.
    I read ACandyRose.com http://www.acandyrose.com/05191998arndtvsboulder.htm
    It says "Arndt says that by 10:35am every police officer was gone and she was on her own.


    just something that comes to mind here is that since the 'KN's' didn't call,you'd think everyone would have been worried that JB had been killed,seeing as LE was called when the note said not to.


    Arndt says she suggested that John Ramsey and Fleet White search the house; an instruction for which she would later be strongly criticized.
    didn't someone tell her to keep JR busy? LA is talking on the phone to LEHQ,and someone tells her to have him search the house for anything out of place in the movie PMPT.

    Why weren't the other officers bashed about leaving her alone in the house? Why was she the only officer that got bashed about her work on the case that morning?
    she was made the scapegoat for part of it,although I can't agree w. everything she did,either.
    "Arndt says she arrived at the police station within 1/2 hour where she requested immediate FBI backup and a department-wide alert. It was 8:10am when Arndt and another detective, Fred Paterson, arrived at the Ramsey house. They were met by two patrol officers who had already searched the house.
    There are 2 versions to this story,
    1. Linda Ardnt was the first officer to arrive on the scene of the Ramsey's house Dec.26.1996.
    2. Detective Fred Paterson was the first to arrived to the Ramsey home and seen that Patsy had the same clothes on the from night before.
    Which one is true?
    no idea,in PMPT,she arrives alone though.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Officer French is mentioned as being the first (and ONLY) officer to arrive at the scene, shortly after the 911 call that morning. It was he who first searched the house and who made the "fatal error" of not looking up to see that latch or try to figure why the wineceller door was "stuck". I have read that he blames himself for that - how different the case might be if JR had never handled the body of his daughter or PR had never been allowed to throw herself on top of her.
    In PMPT, Arndt is mentioned arriving at the Rs around 8ish that AM, I don't recall reading if any other officer accompanied her. At one point, there were several LE, as well as the FBI, but my impression has been that Arndt was alone with the Rs and their posse for most of the time, and that she was TOLD to give JR "something to do" to keep track of him. How she thought that having him search the house unaccompanied would keep track of him is beyond me, but that's apparently that's what she chose to do.
    I believe she has said later that she did NOT send JR to search the house, but rather he took it upon himself to do this and she was not aware of it because she couldn't keep track of all the people in he house herself. I suppose we'd get different versions from each of the people there that morning.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,338
    What I find strange about the situation is~ When did the R's become so special? After JBR was found dead? They weren't treated like suspects in the beginning as you would think since parents are the first to be looked at, they were treated with kid gloves. They let PP go into the "crime scene" amd retrieve items on a list made by the R's. So, why not have more LE presence at the house to start with? Was local LE shorthanded because of the holiday? Why not the FBI?

    Maybe I just watch too much television, but the place should have been crawling with LE. I don't think PR told the 911 operator about the ransom note saying not to call anyone, so that wouldn't be the reason for low LE presence. And this being a wealthy family would generate extra LE, IMO.

    All this makes me really question if there were calls made before the 911 call. Even JR's company should've had some sort of security at the house. More friends than LE just seems very strange. Lets face it they weren't worried about the kidnapper's instructions not to call anyone.
    Last edited by Blondieskatz; 05-09-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    What I find strange about the situation is~ When did the R's become so special? After JBR was found dead? They weren't treated like suspects in the beginning as you would think since parents are the first to be looked at, they were treated with kid gloves. They let PP go into the "crime scene" amd retrieve items on a list made by the R's. So, why not have more LE presence at the house to start with? Was local LE shorthanded because of the holiday? Why not the FBI?

    Maybe I just watch too much television, but the place should have been crawling with LE. I don't think PR told the 911 operator about the ransom note saying not to call anyone, so that wouldn't be the reason for low LE presence. And this being a wealthy family would generate extra LE, IMO.

    All this makes me really question if there were calls made before the 911 call.

    That's what I think happened..and that's why those phone records HAD to disappear! I just wonder if they'll pop up sometime after JR passes on? Some one is bound to have a record of them,and with no fear then,is free to sell them.


    Even JR's company should've had some sort of security at the house.
    oh yes,for sure...that's what says right off the bat that JR already KNEW JB was dead.

    More friends than LE just seems very strange. Lets face it they weren't worried about the kidnapper's instructions not to call anyone.
    right on.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778 View Post
    just something that comes to mind here is that since the 'KN's' didn't call,you'd think everyone would have been worried that JB had been killed,seeing as LE was called when the note said not to.


    didn't someone tell her to keep JR busy? LA is talking on the phone to LEHQ,and someone tells her to have him search the house for anything out of place in the movie PMPT.

    she was made the scapegoat for part of it,although I can't agree w. everything she did,either.
    no idea,in PMPT,she arrives alone though.
    Arndt was not the first to arrive

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    I'm sure,I'm assuming what he/she was asking was did LA arrive alone at 8:10am,or did she arrive with Patterson?
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778 View Post
    I'm sure,I'm assuming what he/she was asking was did LA arrive alone at 8:10am,or did she arrive with Patterson?
    Oh........ I can be a little slow sometimes......

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares View Post
    Oh........ I can be a little slow sometimes......
    are you kidding? you do great !
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,338
    Wouldn't it be great if you could get all LE that was at the house that day in a room together and go through the sequence of events and who told who what!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if you could get all LE that was at the house that day in a room together and go through the sequence of events and who told who what!
    What would be great is to allow me to ascertain who would be the best prosecutor.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares View Post
    What would be great is to allow me to ascertain who would be the best prosecutor.
    oh wouldn't it be great to sic Judge Judy on all these ppl??? She's truly no-nonsense.Put TR,the RST,JR and anyone else assoc. with making money off this case in front of her....I would LOVE to hear what she would have to say to them!!
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Officer French is mentioned as being the first (and ONLY) officer to arrive at the scene, shortly after the 911 call that morning. It was he who first searched the house and who made the "fatal error" of not looking up to see that latch or try to figure why the wineceller door was "stuck". I have read that he blames himself for that - how different the case might be if JR had never handled the body of his daughter or PR had never been allowed to throw herself on top of her.
    In PMPT, Arndt is mentioned arriving at the Rs around 8ish that AM, I don't recall reading if any other officer accompanied her. At one point, there were several LE, as well as the FBI, but my impression has been that Arndt was alone with the Rs and their posse for most of the time, and that she was TOLD to give JR "something to do" to keep track of him. How she thought that having him search the house unaccompanied would keep track of him is beyond me, but that's apparently that's what she chose to do.
    I believe she has said later that she did NOT send JR to search the house, but rather he took it upon himself to do this and she was not aware of it because she couldn't keep track of all the people in he house herself. I suppose we'd get different versions from each of the people there that morning.
    No she admits to telling JR that. Remember she said if he were to find anything he was not to touch it but come get her instead? There is a transcript at acandyrose taken when she sued Koby and whoever. All the information speculated about on this thread is in that transcript in LA's own words. As far as having no police offficers at the house I know it's been written it was Christmastime and it was a skeleton crew that day. Not sure if that part is in the transcript.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    What I find strange about the situation is~ When did the R's become so special? After JBR was found dead? They weren't treated like suspects in the beginning as you would think since parents are the first to be looked at, they were treated with kid gloves. They let PP go into the "crime scene" amd retrieve items on a list made by the R's. So, why not have more LE presence at the house to start with? Was local LE shorthanded because of the holiday? Why not the FBI?

    Maybe I just watch too much television, but the place should have been crawling with LE. I don't think PR told the 911 operator about the ransom note saying not to call anyone, so that wouldn't be the reason for low LE presence. And this being a wealthy family would generate extra LE, IMO.

    All this makes me really question if there were calls made before the 911 call. Even JR's company should've had some sort of security at the house. More friends than LE just seems very strange. Lets face it they weren't worried about the kidnapper's instructions not to call anyone.
    Everything you say is true. Don't forget that word came down right from the governor's office to "Treat those people (the Rs) like VICTIMS, not like suspects.". That's why it happened the way it did, and that's also why those phone records were "not available". Right.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Everything you say is true. Don't forget that word came down right from the governor's office to "Treat those people (the Rs) like VICTIMS, not like suspects.". That's why it happened the way it did, and that's also why those phone records were "not available". Right.
    I thought it was the Lt. Gov, not the gov. But be that as it may. One would be hard pressed not to see the blatant preferential treatment. Had you or I been the one with the small foreign faction leaving a ransom note on our stationery it would have gone something like this. "Up against the wall Louie your coming with me." Bookem Dano!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Art Helps Police Officers Learn to Look
    By Inthedetails in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2016, 09:32 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2016, 08:54 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2016, 09:42 PM
  4. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 03-23-2015, 06:57 PM