The Police Officers in this case

Shanny

Reaction score
For the past week this board seems kind of dead.
I read ACandyRose.com http://www.acandyrose.com/05191998arndtvsboulder.htm
It says "Arndt says that by 10:35am every police officer was gone and she was on her own.
Arndt says she suggested that John Ramsey and Fleet White search the house; an instruction for which she would later be strongly criticized.
Why weren't the other officers bashed about leaving her alone in the house? Why was she the only officer that got bashed about her work on the case that morning?
"Arndt says she arrived at the police station within 1/2 hour where she requested immediate FBI backup and a department-wide alert. It was 8:10am when Arndt and another detective, Fred Paterson, arrived at the Ramsey house. They were met by two patrol officers who had already searched the house.
There are 2 versions to this story,
1. Linda Ardnt was the first officer to arrive on the scene of the Ramsey's house Dec.26.1996.
2. Detective Fred Paterson was the first to arrived to the Ramsey home and seen that Patsy had the same clothes on the from night before.
Which one is true?

For the past week this board seems kind of dead.
I read ACandyRose.com http://www.acandyrose.com/05191998arndtvsboulder.htm
It says "Arndt says that by 10:35am every police officer was gone and she was on her own.

just something that comes to mind here is that since the 'KN's' didn't call,you'd think everyone would have been worried that JB had been killed,seeing as LE was called when the note said not to.

Arndt says she suggested that John Ramsey and Fleet White search the house; an instruction for which she would later be strongly criticized.
didn't someone tell her to keep JR busy? LA is talking on the phone to LEHQ,and someone tells her to have him search the house for anything out of place in the movie PMPT.

Why weren't the other officers bashed about leaving her alone in the house? Why was she the only officer that got bashed about her work on the case that morning?
she was made the scapegoat for part of it,although I can't agree w. everything she did,either.
"Arndt says she arrived at the police station within 1/2 hour where she requested immediate FBI backup and a department-wide alert. It was 8:10am when Arndt and another detective, Fred Paterson, arrived at the Ramsey house. They were met by two patrol officers who had already searched the house.
There are 2 versions to this story,
1. Linda Ardnt was the first officer to arrive on the scene of the Ramsey's house Dec.26.1996.
2. Detective Fred Paterson was the first to arrived to the Ramsey home and seen that Patsy had the same clothes on the from night before.
Which one is true?
no idea,in PMPT,she arrives alone though.

Officer French is mentioned as being the first (and ONLY) officer to arrive at the scene, shortly after the 911 call that morning. It was he who first searched the house and who made the "fatal error" of not looking up to see that latch or try to figure why the wineceller door was "stuck". I have read that he blames himself for that - how different the case might be if JR had never handled the body of his daughter or PR had never been allowed to throw herself on top of her.
In PMPT, Arndt is mentioned arriving at the Rs around 8ish that AM, I don't recall reading if any other officer accompanied her. At one point, there were several LE, as well as the FBI, but my impression has been that Arndt was alone with the Rs and their posse for most of the time, and that she was TOLD to give JR "something to do" to keep track of him. How she thought that having him search the house unaccompanied would keep track of him is beyond me, but that's apparently that's what she chose to do.
I believe she has said later that she did NOT send JR to search the house, but rather he took it upon himself to do this and she was not aware of it because she couldn't keep track of all the people in he house herself. I suppose we'd get different versions from each of the people there that morning.

What I find strange about the situation is~ When did the R's become so special? After JBR was found dead? They weren't treated like suspects in the beginning as you would think since parents are the first to be looked at, they were treated with kid gloves. They let PP go into the "crime scene" amd retrieve items on a list made by the R's. So, why not have more LE presence at the house to start with? Was local LE shorthanded because of the holiday? Why not the FBI?

Maybe I just watch too much television, but the place should have been crawling with LE. I don't think PR told the 911 operator about the ransom note saying not to call anyone, so that wouldn't be the reason for low LE presence. And this being a wealthy family would generate extra LE, IMO.

All this makes me really question if there were calls made before the 911 call. Even JR's company should've had some sort of security at the house. More friends than LE just seems very strange. Lets face it they weren't worried about the kidnapper's instructions not to call anyone.

What I find strange about the situation is~ When did the R's become so special? After JBR was found dead? They weren't treated like suspects in the beginning as you would think since parents are the first to be looked at, they were treated with kid gloves. They let PP go into the "crime scene" amd retrieve items on a list made by the R's. So, why not have more LE presence at the house to start with? Was local LE shorthanded because of the holiday? Why not the FBI?

Maybe I just watch too much television, but the place should have been crawling with LE. I don't think PR told the 911 operator about the ransom note saying not to call anyone, so that wouldn't be the reason for low LE presence. And this being a wealthy family would generate extra LE, IMO.

All this makes me really question if there were calls made before the 911 call.

That's what I think happened..and that's why those phone records HAD to disappear! I just wonder if they'll pop up sometime after JR passes on? Some one is bound to have a record of them,and with no fear then,is free to sell them.

Even JR's company should've had some sort of security at the house.
oh yes,for sure...that's what says right off the bat that JR already KNEW JB was dead.

More friends than LE just seems very strange. Lets face it they weren't worried about the kidnapper's instructions not to call anyone.
right on.

just something that comes to mind here is that since the 'KN's' didn't call,you'd think everyone would have been worried that JB had been killed,seeing as LE was called when the note said not to.

didn't someone tell her to keep JR busy? LA is talking on the phone to LEHQ,and someone tells her to have him search the house for anything out of place in the movie PMPT.

she was made the scapegoat for part of it,although I can't agree w. everything she did,either.
no idea,in PMPT,she arrives alone though.

Arndt was not the first to arrive

I'm sure,I'm assuming what he/she was asking was did LA arrive alone at 8:10am,or did she arrive with Patterson?

Wouldn't it be great if you could get all LE that was at the house that day in a room together and go through the sequence of events and who told who what!

Wouldn't it be great if you could get all LE that was at the house that day in a room together and go through the sequence of events and who told who what!

What would be great is to allow me to ascertain who would be the best prosecutor.

What would be great is to allow me to ascertain who would be the best prosecutor.

oh wouldn't it be great to sic Judge Judy on all these ppl??? She's truly no-nonsense.Put TR,the RST,JR and anyone else assoc. with making money off this case in front of her....I would LOVE to hear what she would have to say to them!!

Officer French is mentioned as being the first (and ONLY) officer to arrive at the scene, shortly after the 911 call that morning. It was he who first searched the house and who made the "fatal error" of not looking up to see that latch or try to figure why the wineceller door was "stuck". I have read that he blames himself for that - how different the case might be if JR had never handled the body of his daughter or PR had never been allowed to throw herself on top of her.
In PMPT, Arndt is mentioned arriving at the Rs around 8ish that AM, I don't recall reading if any other officer accompanied her. At one point, there were several LE, as well as the FBI, but my impression has been that Arndt was alone with the Rs and their posse for most of the time, and that she was TOLD to give JR "something to do" to keep track of him. How she thought that having him search the house unaccompanied would keep track of him is beyond me, but that's apparently that's what she chose to do.
I believe she has said later that she did NOT send JR to search the house, but rather he took it upon himself to do this and she was not aware of it because she couldn't keep track of all the people in he house herself. I suppose we'd get different versions from each of the people there that morning.

No she admits to telling JR that. Remember she said if he were to find anything he was not to touch it but come get her instead? There is a transcript at acandyrose taken when she sued Koby and whoever. All the information speculated about on this thread is in that transcript in LA's own words. As far as having no police offficers at the house I know it's been written it was Christmastime and it was a skeleton crew that day. Not sure if that part is in the transcript.

All this makes me really question if there were calls made before the 911 call. Even JR's company should've had some sort of security at the house. More friends than LE just seems very strange. Lets face it they weren't worried about the kidnapper's instructions not to call anyone.

Everything you say is true. Don't forget that word came down right from the governor's office to "Treat those people (the Rs) like VICTIMS, not like suspects.". That's why it happened the way it did, and that's also why those phone records were "not available". Right.

Everything you say is true. Don't forget that word came down right from the governor's office to "Treat those people (the Rs) like VICTIMS, not like suspects.". That's why it happened the way it did, and that's also why those phone records were "not available". Right.

I thought it was the Lt. Gov, not the gov. But be that as it may. One would be hard pressed not to see the blatant preferential treatment. Had you or I been the one with the small foreign faction leaving a ransom note on our stationery it would have gone something like this. "Up against the wall Louie your coming with me." Bookem Dano!!

In this case it was:

You have the right to find your daughter where you left her at. You have to right to contaminate the evidence with the handling and laying of your body over the deceased.

You have the right to hire pr people. You have to right to be interviewed and give lots of ums, ers, I don't remember, etc. as answers.

You have the right to not be arrested.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! :furious::furious:

oh wouldn't it be great to sic Judge Judy on all these ppl??? She's truly no-nonsense.Put TR,the RST,JR and anyone else assoc. with making money off this case in front of her....I would LOVE to hear what she would have to say to them!!

I can wait just a couple days longer, first can we have Judge Judy preside over Jameson, Mame, Eve 2 and a few others of questionable qualifications with cease and desist orders at the ready if they cannot put their $$ where there mouth is . Prove it or loose it. I have a few areas of accountibility issues that I would like discussed in the proper arena with Hunter and Lacey. I would like Steve Thomas to be give them their Darwin awards. Then last but certainly not least I would also like a few errors corrected in a truth or consequences style for The head rooster Shill and his cluck hens at the old Crime Library located at 320 Sycamore for they have done more to spread disinformation than you could ever believe. I think the RST would do well to hire them they do a better job than those on the payroll. I believe that if you gave 50 chimpanzees 50 typewriters they would come up with more accuracy than they have in the last how ever many years of feather preening and parading done by that select group. That is my opinion. I have you rashomon , to thank for the mental image in my head of a rooster Up on the fence with his adoring cluck hens gathered at his feet while we hear a fine cockadoodle do. Idiots. But most of all I want to see the trial of the century and justice served at last. All these years and we have no intruder yet!! Its way past time for Justice.

RR your right, according to PMPT, French was the first officer to respond to PR's 911 call (pg. 7).

Then a second officer arrived, at which time friends of the Ramsey's were beginning to arrive. (pg. 8).

Arndt arrived at approximately 8:10 A.M. with Detective Patterson (pg. 9)

Patsy's 911 phone call came in @ 5:52 A.M.

well golly gee, guess I have forgotten a lot about this case, didn't realize that it was over 2 hours until Linda Arndt had arrived. hmmmmmmmmm...

I thought it was the Lt. Gov, not the gov. But be that as it may. One would be hard pressed not to see the blatant preferential treatment. Had you or I been the one with the small foreign faction leaving a ransom note on our stationery it would have gone something like this. "Up against the wall Louie your coming with me." Bookem Dano!!

I phrased it "governor's office" because I had an idea it may not have been the governor himself, but someone just below him- yet still on the governor's orders. I did read that it was the Lt. Governor, but I am sure he didn't act alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back