1040 users online (196 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    My aunt lives in Clover SC...not far from Charlotte. She is scared to death (even before this murder) about my daughter attending college this fall in Charlotte. She says college students who live in apartments are being targeted for break-ins by people who think if they are rich enough to go to college, they must have a lot of valuables to steal. She says it is getting worse and worse.
    They mentioned this on one of the news channels yesterday. I believe it was from a reporter with the college newspaper citing the rise in break-ins and robberies near the campus.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Yeah, the crime rate on and around colleges seems to be going up. Wonder why? Maybe as the economy gets worse the have nots look at those they assume have and feel like someone owes them something. Ahh, thank you to those who preach class envy. (where is that sarcasm button....)

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!

Video Footage

Police issue surveillance video of slain woman

UNCC student was at Goodwill

http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/627087.html

Okay 1st, that is a lot of stuff for a college kid to be dropping off. Maybe she collected it from friends.

2nd, it is scary how much her routine that day mimics mine sometimes....goodwill, secu, jacksons java (fuel for me) then on to the rest of my day.

Wonder if this was random,,,,

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by curious1 View Post
    Yeah, the crime rate on and around colleges seems to be going up. Wonder why? Maybe as the economy gets worse the have nots look at those they assume have and feel like someone owes them something. Ahh, thank you to those who preach class envy. (where is that sarcasm button....)
    Yeah, where is that sarcasm button? Those who teach that should be ashamed.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    They mentioned this on one of the news channels yesterday. I believe it was from a reporter with the college newspaper citing the rise in break-ins and robberies near the campus.
    I need to find that to show my daughter. She just rolls her eyes when I say anything.

>Bump!<

I am surprised nobody's even discussed this case. It is an odd one.
    http://websleuths.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18587&dateline=122036  8386

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    I need to find that to show my daughter. She just rolls her eyes when I say anything.
    Hi Deb. I have lived in University City for over 9 years and I have never once not felt safe (at least not here, other parts of the city wellllllll). Anyway, as long as she practices here what she should practice anywhere, even her own home, she should be okay here. We are nice folks. There are several places near the college where she could take martial arts classes for self defense training. If would be fun and informative and she could take it with her roommates.

Armand..they were talking about this case on the Crimes In The News thread.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

I am familar with the area and I have to say, all her travels were within campus. Goodwill down one one side of UNCC (do I have that right?), the bank *maybe* 1.5 miles away opposite direction, and coffee shop where she worked across the street...yep, 4 lanes apart with a median in between.

What I am wondering is what if she met someone who was a "regular" at Jackson's Java and perhaps they asked for a ride? It must of been someone she was comfortable with. Perhaps they asked her to drive them towards WT Harris Blvd. It is literally just a hop away in the car and there are a plethora of shopping areas. All on this one route.

Route 85 is just down the road and if she drove further she would of hit Route 77.

She trusted someone. If this was a stranger abduction I have no doubt she would have made a scene especially where she was last seen. Of course, all that said we have no idea what possible evidence they have found within the car. It does sound like she fought given what the outside area of the car has been described as.

Over powered and strangled. No offense to the men here, but it sounds like a guy who had every intention of getting whatever he wanted from her.

I do not see it as a robbery, carjacking, or even to attempt to rape her. This was a personal murder of this young lady. I think totally personal. I think she knew him.

Police release surveillance video in Yarmolenko case
    Gaston Gazette - Gastonia,NC,USA
    By Michael Barrett Mount Holly Police have released a surveillance video that shows Irina Yarmolenko at a Goodwill store less than two hours before her body ...

Hmmm..no video on that link for me. Glitch?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

SewingDeb, I have kdis myself so I understand your worries with your daughter. They tend to think at that age that they are invinceable..which we know they are not. My advice is to buy her a book on keeping her self safe and make her PROMISE to read it AND practice the safety rules. I am sure she will. And of course pray for her safety...and I will do the same. I honestly don't know how people get by in this world w/o God...He will never forsake us. We just have to give our worries and troubles to him..easier said than done, I know but we must work diligently on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Hmmm..no video on that link for me. Glitch?
    It's on the right side of the article SS (Related Multimedia)

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/po..._released.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    It's on the right side of the article SS (Related Multimedia)

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/po..._released.html
    The Goodwill video didn't seem unusual to me. Just that I got upset knowing it was her last few hours. I did see another man creep into the last seconds on the lower left but her car was already out of range for this man to attempt to hitch a ride.

The only other thing I can think of is her car wasn't locked after she left Goodwill and stopped at a stop light and some freak jumped in the back seat.He could have had a gun to her head and told her way to drive and it was a robbery gone bad.I don't think she necessarily knew the person. This seems random to me but I may be wrong.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast