Identified! NC - Fayetteville, Male body in Cape Fear River, May'08 - Livest Melvin

I hope they can ID him quickly.

Salem

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=293615

And here's another one. This one is interesting.
~snip~
The body was found by a boater. The location was near the area where the body of 49-year-old Thomas Harvey McColpin, who was homeless, was found on April 26.
Police have ruled McColpin’s death an accident. ~unsnip~

Not saying anything, BUT, if you are found near water, chances are it was an "accident".

Salem

Well, of course, it is always an "accident". People accidently fall in the river on a regular basis to drown themselves neatly. I hear it is almost a freak college "sport" in some places. :rolleyes:

The article mentions that they are checking into the possibility of two missing persons in the county...there are no other persons who have recently gone missing in near by counties or even neighboring states etc. ?

It could also possibly be Anthony J Rivera, age 32, missing since 11/21/07. He was the bartender at Bootleggers and was last seen leaving work just after 2:00 a.m. His car was located on Cedar Creek Road on November 27th.

JMHO
fran

http://www.bethebadge.com/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=124200793353

Anthony Joseph Rivera, 32 years old was reported missing on November 24th. His information was released for the public’s assistance on November 28th. Detectives continue to ask for assistance in locating Rivera.

He was last seen on November 21st at approximately 2:00 a.m. after leaving his job as a bartender at Bootleggers, 5439 Yadkin Road. The vehicle Rivera was driving at the time he was last seen, a green Dodge Stratus, was located at the Kangaroo gas station on Cedar Creek Road on November 27th.

Rivera is a white male with brown hair and brown eyes, 5’08” tall and 170 pounds. He was last seen wearing blue jeans and a dark t-shirt.

Two quick questions I didn't see in the article I read. Is there a known race or an approx. age, height, etc??

Thanks!

Still praying for any leads in the disappearance of Randy Marion (Gerald Randall Marion), 25, of Petersburg, VA

Two quick questions I didn't see in the article I read. Is there a known race or an approx. age, height, etc??

Thanks!

Still praying for any leads in the disappearance of Randy Marion (Gerald Randall Marion), 25, of Petersburg, VA

According to the article in the FayObserver, there was no race nor age determination due to the level of decompostion, see copy of article in bold italic below (hope that answers some questions and my prayers to you for Randy :)

Identity of body found in river remains unknown

A staff report
Fayetteville Police are working to identify the body of a man found in the Cape Fear River on Thursday.
“I can’t promise that it will be today,” Jamie Smith, police spokeswoman, said Friday.
The badly decomposed body was found between Campbellton Landing on Person Street and the Grove Street bridge that crosses the river, Smith said.
Police have not been able to determine the man’s age and race because of decomposition, Smith said.
He was wearing several layers of clothing, police said.
The body was found by a boater. The location was near the area where the body of 49-year-old Thomas Harvey McColpin, who was homeless, was found on April 26.
Police have ruled McColpin’s death an accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back