973 users online (150 members and 823 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Amber Swartz-Garcia, 7, Pinole, 3 June 1988

This case will be 20 years old on June 3, 2008. It is still unsolved.

------------------------------
    Amber Jean Swartz-Garcia
    Missing since June 3, 1988 from Pinole, Contra Costa County, California
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 19, 1980
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 7 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 62 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Her ears are pierced.
    Medical Conditions: At age 4, Amber was hit by a car and suffered a concussion, which left her with migraine headaches suffers causing loss of balance and vomiting. She sucked her thumb when she was tired or nervous.
    Marks, Scars : She has a severe hearing impairment and requires a hearing aid; was not wearing her hearing aid when abducted. She is able to read lips.
    Dentals: Not available. Missing right front tooth. Possibly has crooked teeth.
    Clothing: Purple corduroy pants; white short sleeve top with a teal colored band around the sleeves and neck with multicolored images of sunglasses imprinted on on the front; brand new, white LA Gear tennis shoes with pink laces.
    Jewelry: Gold and emerald stud earrings

Circumstances of Disappearance

Swartz-Garcia was last seen jumping rope in the front yard of her family's home in Pinole, California on June 3, 1988.

Her mother later started "The Amber Foundation for Missing Children".

He disappearance may be connected to the disappearances of Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Amanda Campbell.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Pinole Police Department
    510-724-8950
    Email: police@ci.pinole.ca.us

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number: P881501

NCMEC #: NCMC767759

NCIC Number: M-305024999

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    The Lowell
    The Amber Foundation for Missing Children
    ABC News
    CA DOJ
    Lifetime
    Pinole Police Department
    The Doe Network: Case File 124DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/124dfca.html

Amber's and the Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Amanda Campbell cases are so old. I can't believe none of them were ever found.
    Last edited by newshound81; 05-09-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by newshound81 View Post
    Amber's and the Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Amanda Campbell cases are so old. I can't believe none of them were ever found.
    What a shame that there's no closure for the families.

PINOLE, Calif. -- Ending 21 years of agony for a Pinole mother, authorities announced Monday that notorious child killer Curtis Dean Anderson admitted before his death that he abducted and murdered the 7-year-old daughter of a slain police officer in 1988.At an emotional press conference, authorities said Anderson confessed to the crime during a 5-hour prison interview with an FBI profiler on Nov. 5, 2007.“Amber was kidnapped and murdered by Curtis Dean Anderson, the same person who was convicted of murdering 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild and kidnapping and sexually assaulting an 8-year-old Vallejo child in 2000,” said Pinole Police Chief Paul Clancy.

Anderson told authorities he was driving in the Swartz neighborhood, looking for a victim when he saw the young girl in her yard.Clancy said police have spent nearly the last two years making sure Anderson had committed the crime. Anderson died a month after the interview.Chillingly, Clancy said Anderson to confessed to other child murder-abductions but only identified them as “FBI cases.”

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19966870/de...ef=werecommend

Maz

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19966870/de...ef=werecommend

PINOLE, Calif. -- Ending 21 years of agony for a Pinole mother, authorities announced Monday that notorious child killer Curtis Dean Anderson admitted before his death that he abducted and murdered the 7-year-old daughter of a slain police officer in 1988.

At an emotional press conference, authorities said Anderson confessed to the crime during a 5-hour prison interview with an FBI profiler on Nov. 5, 2007.

“Amber was kidnapped and murdered by Curtis Dean Anderson, the same person who was convicted of murdering 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild and kidnapping and sexually assaulting an 8-year-old Vallejo child in 2000,” said Pinole Police Chief Paul Clancy.

Possible links to other "FBI cases." I hope they are able to resolve other cases as well. RIP little Amber.

Thank you Jesus for helping bring this case to a close. Now if the police would leak a few clues as to what ranch in Arizona we might get an idea of where the poor babies body is.
    John 3:16

Everyday it is my fervent prayer that these cases are solved

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This case will be 20 years old on June 3, 2008. It is still unsolved.

------------------------------
    Amber Jean Swartz-Garcia
    Missing since June 3, 1988 from Pinole, Contra Costa County, California
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 19, 1980
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 7 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 62 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Her ears are pierced.
    Medical Conditions: At age 4, Amber was hit by a car and suffered a concussion, which left her with migraine headaches suffers causing loss of balance and vomiting. She sucked her thumb when she was tired or nervous.
    Marks, Scars : She has a severe hearing impairment and requires a hearing aid; was not wearing her hearing aid when abducted. She is able to read lips.
    Dentals: Not available. Missing right front tooth. Possibly has crooked teeth.
    Clothing: Purple corduroy pants; white short sleeve top with a teal colored band around the sleeves and neck with multicolored images of sunglasses imprinted on on the front; brand new, white LA Gear tennis shoes with pink laces.
    Jewelry: Gold and emerald stud earrings

Circumstances of Disappearance

Swartz-Garcia was last seen jumping rope in the front yard of her family's home in Pinole, California on June 3, 1988.

Her mother later started "The Amber Foundation for Missing Children".

He disappearance may be connected to the disappearances of Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Amanda Campbell.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Pinole Police Department
    510-724-8950
    Email: police@ci.pinole.ca.us

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number: P881501

NCMEC #: NCMC767759

NCIC Number: M-305024999

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    The Lowell
    The Amber Foundation for Missing Children
    ABC News
    CA DOJ
    Lifetime
    Pinole Police Department
    The Doe Network: Case File 124DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/124dfca.html
    Curtis Dean Anderson is probably not who killed Ilene Misheloff. Her disappearance is probably linked to James Daveggio (on Death Row for another murder- Vanessa Sampson) and Michelle Michaud.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

While this is certainly not the ending I wanted to hear for this story, I am glad that her family will now be able to get *some* form of closure. Poor Kim won't spend the rest of her life wondering. Rest in Peace, Amber.

I wonder - now that Dean has officially been named the culprit, if there is any connection to the other girls from California? Ilene, Michaela, Amanda Campbell...
    "well, in my mind, my opinion is not so humble at all...it's just my opinion"

Megan Kanka
    December 7, 1986 - July 31, 1994
    forever missed

Someone, somewhere knows what happened to CRYSTAL TYMICH

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by phylliyum View Post
    While this is certainly not the ending I wanted to hear for this story, I am glad that her family will now be able to get *some* form of closure. Poor Kim won't spend the rest of her life wondering. Rest in Peace, Amber.

I wonder - now that Dean has officially been named the culprit, if there is any connection to the other girls from California? Ilene, Michaela, Amanda Campbell...
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Curtis Dean Anderson is probably not who killed Ilene Misheloff. Her disappearance is probably linked to James Daveggio (on Death Row for another murder- Vanessa Sampson) and Michelle Michaud.
    Bumping my response for you to see...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    VIDEO: Amber Swartz's Mother Speaks Out 1:55
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=28649665001

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

If they took 2 years to make sure the info was correct, then I'm hoping they truely have named the right person. An AZ ranch? I wonder if he was telling the truth or just BS'ing. If he was telling the truth, how frightening for that poor girl!!!! And lordy there's ranches all over Arizona. Other children named as FBI cases only?? Ugh see this is one of the few times I do wish one could use "other methods" to get people like him to talk. I wonder if he means the other girls that were possibly linked to this case.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    VIDEO: Amber Swartz's Mother Speaks Out 1:55
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=28649665001

i cried watching that...how terrible for poor Kim...how much should 1 woman be forced to bear in her life???????? I hope they one day find this poor baby's body, she deserves to be brought home and put to rest. They deserve to have a chance to say goodbye. They deserve this closure.

On a side note, I would love to know what other murders CDA confessed to...I highly doubt Amber, Xiana and Midsi were his only victims in 15 years....
    "well, in my mind, my opinion is not so humble at all...it's just my opinion"

Megan Kanka
    December 7, 1986 - July 31, 1994
    forever missed

Someone, somewhere knows what happened to CRYSTAL TYMICH

Curtis Dean Anderson was as close to being the Devil as anyone could ever imagine. I worked down the street from where his last victim got away from him. In jail he contacted the Aunt of Xiana Fairchild and played games with her to get money for chips and soda. He would tell her that her Niece was alive and he was going to tell her where she was, this of course ended when the gilrs body was found in the Los gatos hills.

Its funny that we have all this discussion about Waterboarding terrorists to get information......But I would gladly approve water boarding for men like Curtis Dean Anderson, just to get rid of the games and find out what happened to these kids.......

I wish Amber's mother could have more closure...

I would really like to know more details about how they corraborated (sp?) Anderson's confession... all I have seemed to find is that they confirmed he was in the E. Bay area at the time of Amber's disappearance.

Any UIDs found in Arizona that might match Amber's description?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast