CA CA - Amber Swartz-Garcia, 7, Pinole, 3 June 1988

Richard

Reaction score
This case will be 20 years old on June 3, 2008. It is still unsolved.

------------------------------
Amber Jean Swartz-Garcia
Missing since June 3, 1988 from Pinole, Contra Costa County, California
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 19, 1980
Age at Time of Disappearance: 7 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 62 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Her ears are pierced.
Medical Conditions: At age 4, Amber was hit by a car and suffered a concussion, which left her with migraine headaches suffers causing loss of balance and vomiting. She sucked her thumb when she was tired or nervous.
Marks, Scars : She has a severe hearing impairment and requires a hearing aid; was not wearing her hearing aid when abducted. She is able to read lips.
Dentals: Not available. Missing right front tooth. Possibly has crooked teeth.
Clothing: Purple corduroy pants; white short sleeve top with a teal colored band around the sleeves and neck with multicolored images of sunglasses imprinted on on the front; brand new, white LA Gear tennis shoes with pink laces.
Jewelry: Gold and emerald stud earrings

Circumstances of Disappearance

Swartz-Garcia was last seen jumping rope in the front yard of her family's home in Pinole, California on June 3, 1988.

Her mother later started "The Amber Foundation for Missing Children".

He disappearance may be connected to the disappearances of Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Amanda Campbell.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Pinole Police Department
510-724-8950
Email: police@ci.pinole.ca.us

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number: P881501

NCMEC #: NCMC767759

NCIC Number: M-305024999

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Lowell
The Amber Foundation for Missing Children
ABC News
CA DOJ
Lifetime
Pinole Police Department
The Doe Network: Case File 124DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/124dfca.html

Amber's and the Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Amanda Campbell cases are so old. I can't believe none of them were ever found.

PINOLE, Calif. -- Ending 21 years of agony for a Pinole mother, authorities announced Monday that notorious child killer Curtis Dean Anderson admitted before his death that he abducted and murdered the 7-year-old daughter of a slain police officer in 1988.At an emotional press conference, authorities said Anderson confessed to the crime during a 5-hour prison interview with an FBI profiler on Nov. 5, 2007.“Amber was kidnapped and murdered by Curtis Dean Anderson, the same person who was convicted of murdering 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild and kidnapping and sexually assaulting an 8-year-old Vallejo child in 2000,” said Pinole Police Chief Paul Clancy.

Anderson told authorities he was driving in the Swartz neighborhood, looking for a victim when he saw the young girl in her yard.Clancy said police have spent nearly the last two years making sure Anderson had committed the crime. Anderson died a month after the interview.Chillingly, Clancy said Anderson to confessed to other child murder-abductions but only identified them as “FBI cases.”

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19966870/detail.html?iref=werecommend

Maz

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19966870/detail.html?iref=werecommend

PINOLE, Calif. -- Ending 21 years of agony for a Pinole mother, authorities announced Monday that notorious child killer Curtis Dean Anderson admitted before his death that he abducted and murdered the 7-year-old daughter of a slain police officer in 1988.

At an emotional press conference, authorities said Anderson confessed to the crime during a 5-hour prison interview with an FBI profiler on Nov. 5, 2007.

“Amber was kidnapped and murdered by Curtis Dean Anderson, the same person who was convicted of murdering 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild and kidnapping and sexually assaulting an 8-year-old Vallejo child in 2000,” said Pinole Police Chief Paul Clancy.

Possible links to other "FBI cases." I hope they are able to resolve other cases as well. RIP little Amber.

Thank you Jesus for helping bring this case to a close. Now if the police would leak a few clues as to what ranch in Arizona we might get an idea of where the poor babies body is.

This case will be 20 years old on June 3, 2008. It is still unsolved.

------------------------------
Amber Jean Swartz-Garcia
Missing since June 3, 1988 from Pinole, Contra Costa County, California
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 19, 1980
Age at Time of Disappearance: 7 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 62 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Her ears are pierced.
Medical Conditions: At age 4, Amber was hit by a car and suffered a concussion, which left her with migraine headaches suffers causing loss of balance and vomiting. She sucked her thumb when she was tired or nervous.
Marks, Scars : She has a severe hearing impairment and requires a hearing aid; was not wearing her hearing aid when abducted. She is able to read lips.
Dentals: Not available. Missing right front tooth. Possibly has crooked teeth.
Clothing: Purple corduroy pants; white short sleeve top with a teal colored band around the sleeves and neck with multicolored images of sunglasses imprinted on on the front; brand new, white LA Gear tennis shoes with pink laces.
Jewelry: Gold and emerald stud earrings

Circumstances of Disappearance

Swartz-Garcia was last seen jumping rope in the front yard of her family's home in Pinole, California on June 3, 1988.

Her mother later started "The Amber Foundation for Missing Children".

He disappearance may be connected to the disappearances of Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Amanda Campbell.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Pinole Police Department
510-724-8950
Email: police@ci.pinole.ca.us

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number: P881501

NCMEC #: NCMC767759

NCIC Number: M-305024999

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Lowell
The Amber Foundation for Missing Children
ABC News
CA DOJ
Lifetime
Pinole Police Department
The Doe Network: Case File 124DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/124dfca.html
Curtis Dean Anderson is probably not who killed Ilene Misheloff. Her disappearance is probably linked to James Daveggio (on Death Row for another murder- Vanessa Sampson) and Michelle Michaud.

While this is certainly not the ending I wanted to hear for this story, I am glad that her family will now be able to get *some* form of closure. Poor Kim won't spend the rest of her life wondering. Rest in Peace, Amber.

I wonder - now that Dean has officially been named the culprit, if there is any connection to the other girls from California? Ilene, Michaela, Amanda Campbell...

While this is certainly not the ending I wanted to hear for this story, I am glad that her family will now be able to get *some* form of closure. Poor Kim won't spend the rest of her life wondering. Rest in Peace, Amber.

I wonder - now that Dean has officially been named the culprit, if there is any connection to the other girls from California? Ilene, Michaela, Amanda Campbell...
Curtis Dean Anderson is probably not who killed Ilene Misheloff. Her disappearance is probably linked to James Daveggio (on Death Row for another murder- Vanessa Sampson) and Michelle Michaud.
Bumping my response for you to see...

If they took 2 years to make sure the info was correct, then I'm hoping they truely have named the right person. An AZ ranch? I wonder if he was telling the truth or just BS'ing. If he was telling the truth, how frightening for that poor girl!!!! And lordy there's ranches all over Arizona. Other children named as FBI cases only?? Ugh see this is one of the few times I do wish one could use "other methods" to get people like him to talk. I wonder if he means the other girls that were possibly linked to this case.

i cried watching that...how terrible for poor Kim...how much should 1 woman be forced to bear in her life???????? I hope they one day find this poor baby's body, she deserves to be brought home and put to rest. They deserve to have a chance to say goodbye. They deserve this closure.

On a side note, I would love to know what other murders CDA confessed to...I highly doubt Amber, Xiana and Midsi were his only victims in 15 years....

Curtis Dean Anderson was as close to being the Devil as anyone could ever imagine. I worked down the street from where his last victim got away from him. In jail he contacted the Aunt of Xiana Fairchild and played games with her to get money for chips and soda. He would tell her that her Niece was alive and he was going to tell her where she was, this of course ended when the gilrs body was found in the Los gatos hills.

Its funny that we have all this discussion about Waterboarding terrorists to get information......But I would gladly approve water boarding for men like Curtis Dean Anderson, just to get rid of the games and find out what happened to these kids.......

I would really like to know more details about how they corraborated (sp?) Anderson's confession... all I have seemed to find is that they confirmed he was in the E. Bay area at the time of Amber's disappearance.

Any UIDs found in Arizona that might match Amber's description?

I hope that they have truly made sure he is the one because there are so many criminals that give false confessions either for their reputation, to get out of tantalizing interviews or 'just because.'
I wonder how many other children in that area he is responsible for.
However, I wish they would've gotten information as to where her remains are. I feel like her family will be able to truly get closure then, because without Amber's remains they have nowhere to go to grieve, and there will always be some doubt in their minds that he really did it or that she is still alive out there.

Would more info be publically available from the Pinole PD on this case because it is considered closed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back