GUILTY NJ - Bridgeton girl, 14, charged in death of newborn, 4 May 2008

oh my God!!!

I have all sorts of problems with this story.

First of all INDENTIFY her! She is 14, yeah, but she can murder her child, hide the body (she drowned the baby in the toilet!! SICK!) then continue on to the Cinco de Mayo party!
I WANNA SEE A PICTURE OF THIS MONSTER! She should not be protected!

Secondly, this heifer is not in jail, she is in a secure location...hmmm, I hope it is secure enough so she can keep her legs closed so she cannot kill any more children.

Thirdly, she has another child!!!! SEE ABOVE #2! I pray she lost all ability to have children at this point. I pray she has serious problems and can no longer concieve.
So at 14 she has had 2 children and killed one and the other is not in her custody. By not being in her custody, I guess that means the baby is still alive and not floating in a dirty toilet at the fairgrounds.

But it is the last sentence in the article that gets me:
"We need to look at what's in the best interest of the juvenile," Casella said. "And then we must weigh that against the nature of the crime and the need for society to prosecute those responsible for such crimes."

Who the hell cares about the best interest of this girl? She cannot control her herself sexually, she cannot control herself to ger prenatal care and she cannot control herself when it is time to kill a baby. But she sure as hell had fun at the fiesta!

Put her away for the rest of her long long life or drown her in some nasty toilet.

Is it just me, or are there some particularly horrific stories coming out today?

I hear you absinthe.

This child has some serious issues that I don't think a criminal institution would be right for her. She's just a baby herself and to have conceived twice in such a short time and at such a young age, indicates a sexually abusive past.

It's horrible and it's shocking, but I don't think locking her up is the right answer. :confused:

moo

They are terrible stories today! Pixie - slow down a minute. This girl is 14 and this is her 2nd child. She was 13 (maybe 12) when she had her first. We need to look at HOW she is getting pregnant. I'm not excusing her, but I think we need to look at the root of the problem. I would think it is not her father because it says, in a round about way, that her father identified her. If it was his child too, I'm sure he would know that DNA would identify him so he wouldn't have turned her in. Okay - if that is a good assumption, then that's good.

But, is it an uncle or older brother? Is she being forced to have sex? Or does she have a 25-year old boyfriend?

At 14, while she can understand the difference between right and wrong, something has caused her to prefer to commit this horrendous act rather than own up to what was happening. It very well could be that she just likes to have sex and refuses to practice birth control. But at the young age of 14 and 2nd child, I'm willing to bet there is more to this story.

She is so young to have come to a point in her life where she thinks murder is preferrable to asking for help.

This is very, very sad! I'm glad she does not have the 1st child with her.

:mad: and :(

Salem

For people with low bandwith, here's part of the story from the link in the first post (http://tinyurl.com/45h3lm):

A 14-year-old South Jersey girl was charged with first degree murder yesterday following the discovery of her newborn child in a public toilet, authorities said.
The girl, who was not identified by prosecutors because of her age, allegedly gave birth to a baby boy on Sunday in a restroom at the Cumberland County Fairgrounds. The body was discovered by a cleaning crew the next day.

[snip]

(County prosecutor) Casella said he did not know if the infant had reached full term.
According to a report in the Bridgeton News, the girl gave birth to another child 13-months ago.
The girl does not have legal custody of that child, according to the newspaper. It was unclear today how she was able to hide her second pregnancy from family and friends. Casella said he could not comment or confirm if the girl had previously given birth before her 13th birthday.

The subject line is a tiny bit misleading... it isn't the second child she has killed, but the second child she *had*. What a sad thing all around...

Great post Salem & what a heartbreaking story.

14 & pregnant twice? God help us this child's past must be pretty bad. At 12/13/14 she can't consent to sex so the issues of statutory rape or incest is probably going to rear their heads.

They are terrible stories today! Pixie - slow down a minute. This girl is 14 and this is her 2nd child. She was 13 (maybe 12) when she had her first. We need to look at HOW she is getting pregnant. I'm not excusing her, but I think we need to look at the root of the problem. I would think it is not her father because it says, in a round about way, that her father identified her. If it was his child too, I'm sure he would know that DNA would identify him so he wouldn't have turned her in. Okay - if that is a good assumption, then that's good.

But, is it an uncle or older brother? Is she being forced to have sex? Or does she have a 25-year old boyfriend?

At 14, while she can understand the difference between right and wrong, something has caused her to prefer to commit this horrendous act rather than own up to what was happening. It very well could be that she just likes to have sex and refuses to practice birth control. But at the young age of 14 and 2nd child, I'm willing to bet there is more to this story.

She is so young to have come to a point in her life where she thinks murder is preferrable to asking for help.

Salem

Salem

Salem, my friend!
I cannot find it in my heart or mind to excuse this girl from her actions. There is NO excuse for this girl to kill her child. NONE.

14 years old with one child already...I am placing my bets on her being to lazy or stupid to use birth control with her boyfriend.

She MURDERED a person. She drowned this baby in a dirty toilet and stuffed his body inside the tank! She knew what she was doing. The fact she actually HID the body makes me think she knew exactly what she was doing.

Being 14 is no excuse for murder.

What the heck is wrong with this girl? I want to know who the father of that baby is....just trying to justify this horrid crime or make some sort of sense of it...You'd think I'd know better by now

I know Pixie, I know:(. And I am not excusing her actions. She obviously knew what she was doing. However, I am concerned about what made her choose that action over asking someone for help. I am assuming that she had contact with CPS because she does not have her 1st child with her. I wonder why she was not also placed in a safe home where someone would supervise her :confused:. I am wondering what pushed her over the edge. She had one child. At her age and given a "somewhat normal" teenage attitude, I could see her thinking, "no big deal, just another kid the state will take" unless there was a reason she needed to hide the child. Maybe she hid the pregnancy and the baby only because her father told her not to get pregnant again. But maybe there is a much darker reason...... I can only speculate, but when a child is pregnant at 12/13 years of age, my hinky meter goes way off!

Salem

If it were up to me she would have her ovaries removed so she couldn't do this to another baby.

Why did the family friend know the girl was pregnant and the parents miss it?

Or did I not correctly understand?

Is the babies' father/fathers another child? Or an adult neighbor/family friend/teacher?

It sounds horrific for the girl to have killed her baby and then gone to a Cinco De Mayo party.

But, children that have been molested learn to disassociate in order to survive. So do those that have been abused.

The girl is a baby herself. What did she think would happen to her if someone found out about the baby?

Definitely, the girl is disturbed and needs to be in a place where she can't make more babies. I'd like to know more about what all was going on in her life, though.

I know Pixie, I know:(. And I am not excusing her actions. She obviously knew what she was doing. However, I am concerned about what made her choose that action over asking someone for help. I am assuming that she had contact with CPS because she does not have her 1st child with her. I wonder why she was not also placed in a safe home where someone would supervise her :confused:. I am wondering what pushed her over the edge. She had one child. At her age and given a "somewhat normal" teenage attitude, I could see her thinking, "no big deal, just another kid the state will take" unless there was a reason she needed to hide the child. Maybe she hid the pregnancy and the baby only because her father told her not to get pregnant again. But maybe there is a much darker reason...... I can only speculate, but when a child is pregnant at 12/13 years of age, my hinky meter goes way off!

Salem

Mine too.

.......Who the hell cares about the best interest of this girl? She cannot control her herself sexually...

Me. I care. I too was unable to control myself sexually at 13, 14...

This is a heartbreaking story. This child has given birth twice already. Something is very not right in her life. My prayers are with her and her family. Perhaps there is time for someone to save her from herself.

Salem

Really, Salem? A few inches of newsprint and you feel confidant enough to say she obviously knew what she was doing? :waitasec:

I'll agree with this - the only thing that short article tells us is that this girl is some kind of messed up and all kinds of vulnerable and she was just barely out of elementary school (if even) when she began conceiving children.

I hate that a newborn is dead, but wouldn't it be nice if someone could concentrate an ounce of energy on helping the surviving child into some sort of decent life. If that doesn't happen, I'm willing to bet that more will suffer at her hands.

oh my God!!!

I have all sorts of problems with this story.

First of all INDENTIFY her! She is 14, yeah, but she can murder her child, hide the body (she drowned the baby in the toilet!! SICK!) then continue on to the Cinco de Mayo party!
I WANNA SEE A PICTURE OF THIS MONSTER! She should not be protected!

Secondly, this heifer is not in jail, she is in a secure location...hmmm, I hope it is secure enough so she can keep her legs closed so she cannot kill any more children.

Thirdly, she has another child!!!! SEE ABOVE #2! I pray she lost all ability to have children at this point. I pray she has serious problems and can no longer concieve.
So at 14 she has had 2 children and killed one and the other is not in her custody. By not being in her custody, I guess that means the baby is still alive and not floating in a dirty toilet at the fairgrounds.

But it is the last sentence in the article that gets me:
"We need to look at what's in the best interest of the juvenile," Casella said. "And then we must weigh that against the nature of the crime and the need for society to prosecute those responsible for such crimes."

Who the hell cares about the best interest of this girl? She cannot control her herself sexually, she cannot control herself to ger prenatal care and she cannot control herself when it is time to kill a baby. But she sure as hell had fun at the fiesta!

Put her away for the rest of her long long life or drown her in some nasty toilet.

Can I hug you?? I couldn't have said one part of your post any better.:blowkiss:

Me. I care. I too was unable to control myself sexually at 13, 14...

This is a heartbreaking story. This child has given birth twice already. Something is very not right in her life. My prayers are with her and her family. Perhaps there is time for someone to save her from herself.

Somebody needs to sterilize her! And she needs to suffer the consequences of her actions
:mad:

I suspect she's suffered more in her young life than many of us can even imagine.

Yep, she's got the stamina it seems, so we should just heap some more suffering on. You can't have too much of that, you know. Toughens you up - helps you build character.:rolleyes:

I hate that a newborn is dead, but wouldn't it be nice if someone could concentrate an ounce of energy on helping the surviving child into some sort of decent life. If that doesn't happen, I'm willing to bet that more will suffer at her hands.

:clap:

More people need to think like this. Intervention, not institution. Prison turns people into worse beings than they were to begin with. She's still at a very impressionable age and can turn her life around. This child needs some real love.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back