1186 users online (230 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

3 year old has never slept!

http://www.local6.com/news/16210114/detail.html

Rhett has never taken a nap or gone to sleep at night, forcing his parents to keep watch day and night.

"(My husband) has the day shift and I kind of have the afternoon shift," mother Shannon Lamb said. "We share the night shift because no one can sleep in the house when he is up anyway."

I feel so sorry for these people. I hope they can find a cure for him. I have a three year old and I love her to death but sometimes I really can't wait until she goes to sleep so I can have a break.

That has to be horrible. I just can't imagine not ever sleeping, I would bet that does a number on his health too. And those poor parents! I hope the experimental surgery will help this little boy.

How frustrating that must have been for her with a newborn. I hope the dr's can help them.

I know it seems that none of our kids ever sleep, but this must be horrific for this family!!! I certainly can't see how anyone could possibly go on like this indefinately.

I don't understand how his little body keeps going.
    We need sleep so our heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, intestines...so everything can rest. Sleep has a purpose.
    I doubt this precious little boy will live very long. His organs will simply give out.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    I don't understand how his little body keeps going.
    We need sleep so our heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, intestines...so everything can rest. Sleep has a purpose.
    I doubt this precious little boy will live very long. His organs will simply give out.
    Hopefully the surgery will be successful. He sure is a cute little guy!

I read the article and then looked up the condition. Something is a little off, no one can go with out sleep...

What a sweet little boy. He may not *sleep* but surely he's not constantly active 24/7!! I hope they can help him. Bless that family.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    The story didn't have much info. So he's NEVER slept?? Ever? How is that even possible? I don't understand.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    Hopefully the surgery will be successful. He sure is a cute little guy!

I hope the surgery works.
    He is precious.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    I read the article and then looked up the condition. Something is a little off, no one can go with out sleep...
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Isn't that physically impossible?? Your body would shut down without rest.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Isn't that physically impossible?? Your body would shut down without rest.
    I was wondering that myself. It seems impossible to never sleep. People even sleep with their eyes open if they are tired enough.

I don't believe it

It is impossible to never sleep..
    The article said he has not slept at NIGHT ...

"Rhett has never taken a nap or gone to sleep at night,"

Certainly he must sleep sometime... even if only a few hours in the day like Richie often does.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    I thought that one's body has to have sleep. I seem to remember a news story where someone actually died from playing video games for days straight without sleep -I think it was in China or something at a computer cafe.

Maybe he never gets REM sleep.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast