3 year old has never slept!

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.local6.com/news/16210114/detail.html

Rhett has never taken a nap or gone to sleep at night, forcing his parents to keep watch day and night.

"(My husband) has the day shift and I kind of have the afternoon shift," mother Shannon Lamb said. "We share the night shift because no one can sleep in the house when he is up anyway."

I feel so sorry for these people. I hope they can find a cure for him. I have a three year old and I love her to death but sometimes I really can't wait until she goes to sleep so I can have a break.

That has to be horrible. I just can't imagine not ever sleeping, I would bet that does a number on his health too. And those poor parents! I hope the experimental surgery will help this little boy.

How frustrating that must have been for her with a newborn. I hope the dr's can help them.

I know it seems that none of our kids ever sleep, but this must be horrific for this family!!! I certainly can't see how anyone could possibly go on like this indefinately.

I don't understand how his little body keeps going.
We need sleep so our heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, intestines...so everything can rest. Sleep has a purpose.
I doubt this precious little boy will live very long. His organs will simply give out.

I don't understand how his little body keeps going.
We need sleep so our heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, intestines...so everything can rest. Sleep has a purpose.
I doubt this precious little boy will live very long. His organs will simply give out.

Hopefully the surgery will be successful. He sure is a cute little guy!

I read the article and then looked up the condition. Something is a little off, no one can go with out sleep...

What a sweet little boy. He may not *sleep* but surely he's not constantly active 24/7!! I hope they can help him. Bless that family.

The story didn't have much info. So he's NEVER slept?? Ever? How is that even possible? I don't understand.

I read the article and then looked up the condition. Something is a little off, no one can go with out sleep...

That's exactly what I'm saying. Isn't that physically impossible?? Your body would shut down without rest. :waitasec:

That's exactly what I'm saying. Isn't that physically impossible?? Your body would shut down without rest. :waitasec:

I was wondering that myself. It seems impossible to never sleep. People even sleep with their eyes open if they are tired enough.

It is impossible to never sleep..
The article said he has not slept at NIGHT ...

"Rhett has never taken a nap or gone to sleep at night,"

Certainly he must sleep sometime... even if only a few hours in the day like Richie often does.

I thought that one's body has to have sleep. I seem to remember a news story where someone actually died from playing video games for days straight without sleep -I think it was in China or something at a computer cafe.

Maybe he never gets REM sleep.

It is impossible to never sleep..
The article said he has not slept at NIGHT ...

"Rhett has never taken a nap or gone to sleep at night,"

Certainly he must sleep sometime... even if only a few hours in the day like Richie often does.

The news story claims he hasn't slept in 3 years. It's not possible, he would be dead.

I wonder if the "knock out" drugs will work. Obviously there is something wrong with his brain signals so the drugs might not work. Then he would be awake...... too horrible to think about. I hope it works, I hope the drugs work. What will he think when he wakes up....... first time he's ever slept. I wonder if that will be scary for him? Hopefully not, I'm sure he has seen his parents sleeping.

Salem

That poor baby.
I thought lack of sleep causes people to breakdown in their bodies and in their minds.

WOW.

I don't understand how this cutie is still alive.

I wonder if the "knock out" drugs will work. Obviously there is something wrong with his brain signals so the drugs might not work. Then he would be awake...... too horrible to think about. I hope it works, I hope the drugs work.

Yeah that's what I wondered about, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back