OK OK - Larry Krebbs, 2, Bryan County, 30 Mar 1980

lostwithoutyou

Pray for the Missing ♥
Reaction score
Larry DeWayne Krebbs

krebbs_larry.jpg
krebbs_larry_ap.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: March 30, 1980 from Bryan County, Oklahoma Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: February 3, 1978
Height and Weight: 2'4, 35 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes.

Details of DisappearanceKrebbs was last seen on a camping trip with his family on Lake Texoma in Bryan County, Oklahoma on March 30, 1980. Krebbs disappeared during the day and has never been seen again. An extensive search of the Lake Texoma region produced few clues as to his whereabouts.
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Bryan County Sheriff's Office
580-924-3000

Does anyone know anything else about Larry's disappearance?? I can't find any more information. Is he suspected to have been kidnapped, or gotten lost?

In looking at the link of another missing person, I came across this adorable toddler. Krebbs was last seen on May 30, 1980, during a family camping trip at Lake Texoma in Bryan County, OK.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/126dmok.html

Has anyone heard anymore about this case? I mean, did he wander off? I can't imagine this happening to me.

So on Lake Texoma, dad was walking "slightly ahead" of this baby, 50 ft. from a river and next thing he knows, he's gone. I wonder if this was ever checked out or investigated. Were they alone? Did anybody else see this baby besides dad? hmmm

I live in Bryan County about 5-6 miles from Lake Texoma, I've never heard of this case. A better location of where they were camping at on the lake might help, also wanted to add that the lake levels are extremely low right now maybe a good time for family or sheriffs dept to run a cold case segment on this case.

I wonder if the child fell into the lake and drowned? But surely his body would've been found, unless he was drowned on purpose and weighted down. How well was the father questioned? Not alot of info on this.

Larry's NCMEC info and photo are in my local Chicago Tribune inside shopper/redplum weekly mailer.

I wish there was more information on this case. Hoping answers into Larry's disappearance come soon. He's been missing far too long.

larry_dewayne_krebbs_1.jpg

larry_dewayne_krebbs_2.jpg

Age Progression to 35 years old

Larry Dewayne Krebbs disappeared on a camping trip at Lake Texoma with his family on May 30th, 1980. He was only two years old the last time he was seen.

His family used his middle name Dewayne. He was 2’4” tall and 35 pounds. He was a strawberry blond blue eyed little boy.

His father, Larry Sr., stated he and Dewayne where walking down the riverbank gathering firewood. Larry was walking slighting ahead of Dewayne, when he turned around Dewayne was gone. The area was wide open. Some resources say they were 15 feet from the water and others state 50 feet.

Authorities theory was that Dewayne drowned. The water raised to six feet deep that day and the water was flowing rapidly. Authorities theorized Dewayne was swept away, became caught on something in the water, covered by silt, hindering recovery.

But Larry Sr. does not think Dewayne drowned. He stated he never heard any screams or splashing. He thinks his son was abducted. He stated that there was a lot of people in the area at the time Dewayne disappeared.

Police never had any evidence of abduction or drowning.

If you have any information on this case please contact Bryan County Sheriff's Office (580)924-3000.

Information resource(s):

NamUs #MP6272

Larry DeWayne Krebbs – The Charley Project

Larry Dewayne Krebbs – The Resource Center For Cold Case Missing Children’s Cases (rcccmcc.com)

Larry Dewayne Krebbs — Oklahoma Cold Cases

I have the impression that this baby's father somehow disappeared... there are no other witnesses or anyone who can confirm his version... let go of his hand and let him walk alone in such a dangerous part, just like that? he has lived more than 40 years without remorse for what he did to him... poor baby
rest in peace

ALT TXT
ALT TXT
ALT TXT
ALT TXT

The images on the right have been age-progressed to 28, 35 and 43 years.

Name: Larry Dewayne Krebbs
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 30, 1980
Location Last Seen: Bryan County, County, Oklahoma

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: February 3, 1978
Race: White
Height: 2'4"
Weight: 35 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Surgical scar from left side of chest to the back

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Larry disappeared while on a camping trip with his family at Lake Texoma in Bryan County, Oklahoma.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Bryan County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: (580) 924-3000
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 96-04-29

NamUs Case Number: 6272
NCIC Case Number: M-991352807
NCMEC Case Number: 818705

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
NCMEC