932 users online (148 members and 784 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 288
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,118

    48 hours Story on Tara and another case from FL

    Snip
    Van Zant said the similarities between the cases brought investigators on the Grinstead and Kesse cases together and the CBS crew followed Georgia investigators to Florida. An e-mail from CBS claims that investigators uncovered a clue that they believe is essential to solving the cases, but neither Van Zant nor Rothwell would comment on that subject.
    Snip

    Essential to solving the cases? So they are linked-amazing!!!!!

    http://www.tiftongazette.com/local/l...179194729.html

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    270
    I'm glad that they are checking all possibilities, but I can't imagine a connection between these two cases. I just hope some real facts come out of the program tomorrow night. Things that will clear up at least a few things for us all.

    Maybe this info will bring someone in the background of each case, to the forefront and talking to authorities. Something that will be pursuasive enough to break a long held silence.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,436
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Snip
    Van Zant said the similarities between the cases brought investigators on the Grinstead and Kesse cases together and the CBS crew followed Georgia investigators to Florida. An e-mail from CBS claims that investigators uncovered a clue that they believe is essential to solving the cases, but neither Van Zant nor Rothwell would comment on that subject.
    Snip

    Essential to solving the cases? So they are linked-amazing!!!!!

    http://www.tiftongazette.com/local/l...179194729.html
    Oscilla is so small that I have difficulty believing an outsider could slip in and out of the town w/o being seen. He would have had to hang around long enough to know where Tara lived or would have had to follow her, neither of which seem to me to be logical.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,118
    I came in late to the special, but did not see any reference to the clue that might solve the "cases' as referred to in the article. Good to know that they got a good DNA sample off of the glove and it does not match anyone they collected from. Of course the question now becomes who did not provide samples, I guess, or was the person double gloved.

    IIRC the glove was matched to the senior center-the same center that is now being used, or was being used as a command post...

  5. #20
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I came in late to the special, but did not see any reference to the clue that might solve the "cases' as referred to in the article. Good to know that they got a good DNA sample off of the glove and it does not match anyone they collected from. Of course the question now becomes who did not provide samples, I guess, or was the person double gloved.

    IIRC the glove was matched to the senior center-the same center that is now being used, or was being used as a command post...
    Hi Believe - I watched from the beginning and they certainly never mentioned a clue that tied the two cases together. It is a tantilizing little piece of information though isn't it? I wish they would have made it a two hour special so they could spend an hour on each woman instead of just 30 minutes but either way it is great to see the huge publicity a show like 48hours gives to a case. My fiance had not heard of Tara or Jennifer......and I was like really? I thought everyone knew who Tara and/or Jennifer were.....he kindly reminded me that a lot of people do not frequent places like websleuths and watch Nancy Grace/Greta, etc.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    I do not think the 2 cases are related, similar, not related. JMO.

    I think we could find A LOT of cases that we could say have very similar circumstances.


    Question, just because ICRS, Tara's keys/purse/phone...found or not? Same w/JK? Again, I don't think the cases are related, just curious about this detail. Please remind me?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    I do not think the 2 cases are related, similar, not related. JMO.

    I think we could find A LOT of cases that we could say have very similar circumstances.


    Question, just because ICRS, Tara's keys/purse/phone...found or not? Same w/JK? Again, I don't think the cases are related, just curious about this detail. Please remind me?
    Tara's keys and purse were and are still missing. Her cell phone was found in her home attached to its charger.

    If I remember correctly, JK's cell phone keys and purse were missing with JK and to my knowledge have not been found.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    536
    Sorry to just chime in here, but I watched the special last night, and IIRC they had teams from both the Kesse case and the Grinstead case meet for a couple hours to discuss a possible link. At the end of the meeting, they said there was no luck, and that with the Kesse case it seems like more of a stranger abduction, and that with Grinstead, it looks like it could have been someone she knew.

    jmo

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,118
    Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    Hi Believe - I watched from the beginning and they certainly never mentioned a clue that tied the two cases together. It is a tantilizing little piece of information though isn't it? I wish they would have made it a two hour special so they could spend an hour on each woman instead of just 30 minutes but either way it is great to see the huge publicity a show like 48hours gives to a case. My fiance had not heard of Tara or Jennifer......and I was like really? I thought everyone knew who Tara and/or Jennifer were.....he kindly reminded me that a lot of people do not frequent places like websleuths and watch Nancy Grace/Greta, etc.
    Thank you Gaia!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,594
    I think it's a huge step in Tara's case in knowing that the male persons DNA is not in the database, nor is it matched to anyone tested so far. Elimination is just another way if figuring out whodunnit. Also they have a fingerprint that isn't in AFIS. That's important to know. This guy probably has never been arrested nor has he ever worked for the civil service in any capacity nor is he a doctor or nurse or CNA nor is he a serviceman or LE. All of those types of jobs and careers require fingerprint cards on file. Elimination is very important, IMO.
    I think the biggest message LE wanted to get out by releasing that new info last night was to let anybody out there who might suspect somebody or might have some info but don't think it would be enough for LE to put the guy away , LE wanted them to know THEY HAVE HIS DNA and FINGERPRINTS!! They WILL put him away so it's ok to come forward. Nobody knew they had that solid evidence before last night. I think there is great hope that this case wil be solved now. I think Tara was beautiful and I've followed this case from a distance but I think now it will heat up. I'm praying it will at least.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,388
    I wonder if they took DNA samples from any of the men she worked with at the school? You never know these days where evil lurks.
    I think there is a possibility that the person who did this is someone respected within the community, and they
    think they will never be suspected or questioned. In small communities like this too many are related, and are not willing to speak up in fear of retaliation.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,594
    I wonder what was going on with that married police officer from another town nearby? Neighbors said they saw him leaving her home in the late hours sometimes. But since he's LE I know they must have eliminated him. But I mean, were they having an affair? Did wifey find out?

  13. #28
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,742
    Oh yeah, I would THINK that LE would request DNA/fingerprints from everyone she worked with at the high school. I would also explore the possibility of jealousy/envy stemming from her pagaent affliations. I could see another female who isn't as successful or pretty or talented as Tara who was also in the Pageant circuit becoming obessesed with her and not in a good way.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,388
    I am also wondering if whoever took Tara could be a female. Maybe they need to start with the DNA of a certain persons GF.
    I thought it odd that they said the glove came from the Senior Center(or did I get that wrong?). Could it be smeone older who visited in the area and became fixated on her?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    394
    I'm sure this means nothing but I noticed that the number on Tara's room at the school and the number on Jennifer's parking space were very similar. Both had 622 in them though Jennifer's parking space number had four digits.
    Last edited by Deborah1012; 07-02-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: punctuation

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast