1409 users online (269 members and 1140 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It is my understanding that the fire at Snap Dragon was determined NOT to be related to Tara's case. There was a vehicle that was burned in the fire as well (the "caretakers" vehicle); this vehicle was due to be repossessed. The owner was a former LEO.

I am interested in Frank's comment that he believes HD was set-up. How so? Wrong thread, I know. HD placed himself at the scene (Tara's house) and had hours of alone time (no alibi for that time?). He's at the top of my POI list in this case.

To the poster who wondered if Tara and Marcus would have used this house to meet up...no need to. She had her own place.

The house was owned by an elderly woman, now living in Florida IIRC.
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Quote Originally Posted by Bree0372 View Post
    It is my understanding that the fire at Snap Dragon was determined NOT to be related to Tara's case.

There was a vehicle that was burned in the fire as well (the "caretakers" vehicle); this vehicle was due to be repossessed.

The owner was a former LEO.

I am interested in Frank's comment that he believes HD was set-up. How so? Wrong thread, I know.
    HD placed himself at the scene (Tara's house) and had hours of alone time (no alibi for that time?). He's at the top of my POI list in this case.

To the poster who wondered if Tara and Marcus would have used this house to meet up...no need to. She had her own place.

The house was owned by an elderly woman, now living in Florida IIRC....
    Bree, Very interesting info...especially this, quote, the vehicle that was burned in the fire (the

"caretakers" vehicle); was due to be repossessed and belonged to a former Law Enforcement Officer.

Bree0372, Are you saying the Caretaker of the house and property and owner of the car, was a former Law Enforcement officer??? If the answer is 'yes' this tells me he had keys to the house and vehicle.
    What was the vehicle doing parked at the vacant house and NOT at his residence?

I assume that other people in Law Enforcement knew he was the caretaker of this vacant property.
    Last edited by Mysterylover; 07-14-2010 at 08:46 AM.

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

First post on the board.

So what exactly in the genesis of the Snapdragon Rd. fire being connected to Tara's disappearance? I've listened to the Up and Vanished case, but I must have missed what connected the two together. Was it just town whispering from those in the know and it caught traction?

riraho,
    Listen to the podcast again. The Snapdragon Rd fire and house was long suspected to have been connected to the case. Bree stated long ago that it had nothing to do with the case but now it sounds like there was absolutely evidence found there. If LE originally made the claim that it wasn't it was definitely done to throw off the perps. Maybe to make them feel like they got away with something. Simply by hearing this, it makes it feel like the GBI and the FBI may know exactly who did this....they just need the last piece of evidence to connect the dots. There must be something to the twelve people that are part of the note. The young man that killed himself may have actually known what happened. I think it is long suspected that they either A) know who it is and are just waiting for the right people to tell on themselves or slip up, or B) they actually have no idea. I am leaning towards A now. The sad thing is if they were waiting for them to implicate themselves...obviously that is not going to happen. I feel like they should drop some stuff to the public and let the pressure be applied that way. People don't do well with that kind of stress on them in a small town.

Thanks Mr. Intrigue. I was hoping to avoid going through the episodes -- they are pretty good, so it wouldn't be all that bad, although I have several children that take up a lot of time -- But my memory seems to just be: Hey-Tara went missing, Hey-there was a fire in the town, Hey-they must be related! I working feeling is that someone in town must have assumed this or it was the rumor around town and it gained steam from there.

Link broken to fire report??

This link is broken?? Anyone have the report?

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post

Click here to view

THE FIRE REPORT

As for the fire being related, I recall that the fire marshall said he found evidence in the burned out house that he gave to the GBI. I believe this evidence may have linked it to tara... I am having the hardest time deciding if it was burned up because the ex-cop did not want to return it to creditors, so he makes an insurance claim that probably paid off the creditors and then some, or is it because he was disposing of evidence. The GBI said they believed the cadaver dogs hit because of the septic lines... did they open up the septic tank? The mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by dangernoodle View Post
    As for the fire being related, I recall that the fire marshall said he found evidence in the burned out house that he gave to the GBI. I believe this evidence may have linked it to tara... I am having the hardest time deciding if it was burned up because the ex-cop did not want to return it to creditors, so he makes an insurance claim that probably paid off the creditors and then some, or is it because he was disposing of evidence. The GBI said they believed the cadaver dogs hit because of the septic lines... did they open up the septic tank? The mind boggles.
    If I'm not mistaken, it was the former officer's Explorer sitting beside the house that was going to be repossessed on Friday. The home belonged to two elderly ladies that were living in Florida at the time, IIRC. And the septic tank issue, I so wish I could tell you the source, but my memory is terrible at times. May have been on the podcast that I heard an expert stating that the septic tank/sewer line theory was far-fetched, that the home had been vacant for a while. Without regular use of either at or close to the time of the fire, that wouldn't be a logical conclusion. She said the same thing about a baby's diaper being changed in the area where the three dogs alerted - no way. Maybe someone else heard that as well and can confirm it for me. I really believe it may have been on the Up and Vanished podcast, the Snapdragon Fire episode. Hope that helps update you a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more thing, I know I also heard one of the handlers of the search dogs stating that he found something at the burned home that day, some type of evidence that he turned over to authorities. Again, fairly certain I got that info from the same episode as referenced above.

The details on the dog searches are confusing since there were searches by multiple groups on different days.

IIRC at least two different people were interviewed in the podcast about dog searches from different days. There was a hit for accelerant on the drivers side of vehicle as mentioned also in the report and photos where samples were collected. Cadaver dogs hit near the fire place. The marked off area was sifted and no remains found.

One of the dog handlers interviewed, commented that there were bushes between the vehicle and the house and no fire trail. However, the pictures show the vehicle right next to the house and the ground was all scorched. The pictures also show the vehicle possibly being lifted and partially pulled onto a trailer. Maybe it had been moved by the time later search crews were sifting and combing the area.

The Fire Marshall interviewed on the podcast is said to be Vernon Singley, the original inspector who submitted the fire report. However, this is questionable as the person interviewed refers to Vernon (or oddly refers to himself in 3rd person) and was not aware of details that were clear in the report, such as the vehicle owner being Michael Lankford and the home owner living in Florida.

In Nancy Grace interview aired April 27, 2006. Preston mentions that there were multiple cadaver dog hits at the pond near the burned house. They got permission to drain the pond and reportedly found an unusual object in the pond that may have held forensic evidence. Anita G commented that she was on the search site that day and saw the object and that it was bagged and turned over to GBI. No one would say what the object is and seems like a gag order was in place for that finding. Was this object confused as being pulled from the burnt house in the podcast?

There was a recall in 2005 on a faulty switch in 2000 ford explorers. By early 2005, more than 500 ford vehicle fires had been reported including incidents where houses that had been occupied burned to the ground in the middle of the night.

The possibility Lankford's vehicle spontaneously caught on fire and spread to the house should be considered in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by curious42 View Post
    There was a recall in 2005 on a faulty switch in 2000 ford explorers. By early 2005, more than 500 ford vehicle fires had been reported including incidents where houses that had been occupied burned to the ground in the middle of the night.

The possibility Lankford's vehicle spontaneously caught on fire and spread to the house should be considered in this case.
    Maybe it should be, and you're very gracious to give him that leeway. I'm leaning the opposite way and thinking where there's smoke, there's fire - no pun intended. I don't believe at all that it's a coincidence that his vehicle just happened to be at a home that he knew was vacant only three days before the vehicle was to be repossessed. I'm notorious with family and friends for wanting to believe the best about people, which backfires as often as not. However, this is one case where I'm not getting that urge or vibe at all. Google him. He has an interesting background.

Quote Originally Posted by curious42 View Post
    In Nancy Grace interview aired April 27, 2006. Preston mentions that there were multiple cadaver dog hits at the pond near the burned house. They got permission to drain the pond and reportedly found an unusual object in the pond that may have held forensic evidence. Anita G commented that she was on the search site that day and saw the object and that it was bagged and turned over to GBI. No one would say what the object is and seems like a gag order was in place for that finding. Was this object confused as being pulled from the burnt house in the podcast?
    I recall the exact interview you're referring to. Like you, I've always wondered what they found that day. The only thing they would say about it was that it wasn't something that should've been in that pond. And because Anita made that comment, I can't help but assume that she believed the item was linked to Tara. Is that the impression you got?

As far as the dog handler's comment about finding evidence in the house that he turned over to LE, I've always thought that was something separate from what was found in the pond. That's a good question though. Maybe Dr. G. can at least clear up whether they found two separate items, possibly more, at the Snapdragon house and pond.

Quote Originally Posted by 007mom View Post
    Maybe it should be, and you're very gracious to give him that leeway. I'm leaning the opposite way and thinking where there's smoke, there's fire - no pun intended. I don't believe at all that it's a coincidence that his vehicle just happened to be at a home that he knew was vacant only three days before the vehicle was to be repossessed. I'm notorious with family and friends for wanting to believe the best about people, which backfires as often as not. However, this is one case where I'm not getting that urge or vibe at all. Google him. He has an interesting background.

Keeping an open mind, the faulty switch could have planted an idea to burn the house, provided it is not too difficult to cover up anything else used that points to arson. A recall notice from Ford to get the part fixed or your vehicle might catch on fire and news on people having their car and house burn up could plant the idea if someone was really thinking that is a good way to cover up forensic evidence.

At the same time, what if the cadaver hits and items found there had nothing to do with Tara. That detail could be important if it helps people avoid trying to force a link to that fire if it happened to be a suspicious coincidence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast