Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715

    compared the pics

    I compared the pics. So far I do not think it is Tara.
    There are different teeth gaps and when I set the face pics to the size
    where the eyes were the same size then other features would not line up
    or match size. (I am not an expert in comparing faces so take this
    as just one person's opinion.)

    Still, I can see why you thought it a possibility.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docwho3 For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,931

    Thumbs up Wow!

    I think it could be her. The face is fuller, but Tara was known to gain weight pretty rapidly. Also, she could have had a child and put on some pounds in the face. It happens.

    As far as dental work- Tara was smart about changing one's smile and features. She could easily have had veneers, or changed veneers..
    I see similarities in hairline, eyes, and mouth. In fact, I don't see anything that makes me go " No way" and I do about most photo comparisons.

    THE UID lady's CHIN shape is broader.. but a chin implant would change the shape. Tara would probably go for this, as she has a small, almost pointy chin in her photos.... as well as having some more cosmetic dental work. A young and beautiful person who wants to disappear forever WILL need to change certain things about their appearance if they stay in the USA.

    I think this should be looked at with professional face recognition software. I wish and hope this can go to the FBI!!!

    The things which make me think this MIGHT be Tara-- Style of dress, big hair, makeup, large smile, size, and eyes. At this point, with no other info or photos, I'd be more than 50% inclined to think it could be her.

    Maybe wishful thinking, IDK.. The person in the UID photo looks so happy, radiantly happy and healthy. That's what I want for Tara most of all!!
    JUSTICE FOR CLO STONER IN 2015!!! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-March-17-2014
    This is about the murder of my friend, Clo Stoner, R.N. She was shot point blank in the head numerous times- defenseless, in the middle of the day, by her " boyfriend" in 2014- a victim of domestic violence. The shooting was witnessed by a family member of the shooter. There was so much damage to Clo's skull that the number of gunshots could not be counted, only estimated. Please read the details known about her case here on WS, and please pray for justice for the two victims with me.


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeekingJana For This Useful Post:


  5. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,985
    I always thought some random stranger saw Tara that day at the Pageant and followed her home. She was sweet and friendly and very tired that night and may have let someone in or open the door.

    It could be she left in a car with someone she knew. I think her obssession with the ex boyfriend would have brought her out of hiding. She would be too tempted.

    MO


  6. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    I think it could be her. The face is fuller, but Tara was known to gain weight pretty rapidly. Also, she could have had a child and put on some pounds in the face. It happens.

    As far as dental work- Tara was smart about changing one's smile and features. She could easily have had veneers, or changed veneers..
    I see similarities in hairline, eyes, and mouth. In fact, I don't see anything that makes me go " No way" and I do about most photo comparisons.

    THE UID lady's CHIN shape is broader.. but a chin implant would change the shape. Tara would probably go for this, as she has a small, almost pointy chin in her photos.... as well as having some more cosmetic dental work. A young and beautiful person who wants to disappear forever WILL need to change certain things about their appearance if they stay in the USA.

    I think this should be looked at with professional face recognition software. I wish and hope this can go to the FBI!!!

    The things which make me think this MIGHT be Tara-- Style of dress, big hair, makeup, large smile, size, and eyes. At this point, with no other info or photos, I'd be more than 50% inclined to think it could be her.

    Maybe wishful thinking, IDK.. The person in the UID photo looks so happy, radiantly happy and healthy. That's what I want for Tara most of all!!
    I really see a lot of similarity in the cheek bones...


  7. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    27,991
    I can see why you thought she was similar in appearance. Respectfully, Tara's face shape is different imo, and the space between Tara's lips to her chin seems to be longer than the woman whose picture was reproduced from the facebook page. I think Tara's face is much more of an oval with a somewhat pointed chin. JMO.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  9. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,573
    who knows whether that glove is even related to the case/dissapearance?
    2.her reaction to Harper ending the relationship makes me wonder whether she didn't do something stupid (like meeting with the wrong people,etc),it's obvious that it affected her deeply


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:


  11. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Esah View Post
    A taxi service would have had a record of the fare, but would most likely had to have come from Tifton. Also, there would be phone records to that effect.
    This made me chuckle a bit, as horrible as it may seem. Might be because I'm a Tifton native. There are, seriously, three cabs in Tifton, and none that will travel that far, as it's about a twenty minute drive one way just to Irwin County, not counting Ocilla, which is another ten to fifteen minute click.


  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DraugrWight For This Useful Post:


  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,429
    Out of curiousity, I googled the name Tara and Hendersonville, NC Apple Festival to see if I could see who you all were talking about last summer. I did find a Tara who had been the Board President in 2010. However, aside from hair color and the fact that they are both generally attractive, I don't see a resemblance. Also, this person is not fat at all, so I don't understand certain comments as far as mentioning that it could be Tara if Tara had gained some weight.

    Other search results on this person display both a maiden and married name for her in some professional situations as well as on facebook. She is also married with 2 kids and on one article I found about the apple festival, criticizing something she had changed about the festival, that woman's husband was in the comment section defending and referred to her as his wife of 14 years (in 2010). So, unless there is a different Tara associated with that apple festival, I'm pretty sure it's not the same person.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela


  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LillyRush For This Useful Post:


  15. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    27,991
    Quote Originally Posted by DraugrWight View Post
    This made me chuckle a bit, as horrible as it may seem. Might be because I'm a Tifton native. There are, seriously, three cabs in Tifton, and none that will travel that far, as it's about a twenty minute drive one way just to Irwin County, not counting Ocilla, which is another ten to fifteen minute click.


    Thank you very much for signing on and giving us your perspective.

    Are there any theories that locals lean more towards, DraugrWight?
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  17. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post


    Thank you very much for signing on and giving us your perspective.

    Are there any theories that locals lean more towards, DraugrWight?
    Thank you!

    Most that still talk about it think she's in what's left of Crystal Lake. I can understand the logic behind it: It's deep, sometimes divers who go in don't come out, and the underground spring comes out on one of the rivers a good bit away.

    As for who did it, I've never heard anyone point fingers. Just a lot of 'oh how horrible's. Any indication that people are still looking is gone in Ocilla. The billboard that used to be up is gone now; or, at least it was when I came down from Eastman to see my parents.


  18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DraugrWight For This Useful Post:


  19. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    27,991
    That is interesting and I appreciate your response. I am 50/50 on voluntary disappearance. If she didnt disappear on her own, I would have to say that I think her BIL piques my interest.

    Of the men who seemed to be persons of interest at one time or another, who would have had the most knowledge or access to Crystal Lake? Is it a well known area or more for the local crowd?
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou


  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  21. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    That is interesting and I appreciate your response. I am 50/50 on voluntary disappearance. If she didnt disappear on her own, I would have to say that I think her BIL piques my interest.

    Of the men who seemed to be persons of interest at one time or another, who would have had the most knowledge or access to Crystal Lake? Is it a well known area or more for the local crowd?
    It used to be a summer hangout, kind of a water park, back when I was a kid. But it was shut down years ago and for the most part it's dried up, except for the spring that goes to the underground aquifer.

    I believe there's a sheriff's deputy that lives on the land in a trailer for free, to keep an eye on the place, and some hunters do occasionally get permission to hunt the large acreage around the place, but it's pretty restricted, otherwise. It's over near Irwinville, not that far from Tifton, Ocilla, and Fitzgerald. I mean, my mom and I used to go every weekend.

    So my guess? And this is reaching to an extent, because while I know a few people involved in this personally, most of them I don't - anyone friendly with LE. The ex might have a 'solid alibi' but the fact is, down here, there really is a Boys In Blue club. Personally, I've always felt hinky about his story, knowing how things are in Ocilla. Never really have liked it: My stepdad's bff is friends with some of them, and I've seen them at gatherings out on his farm, and it's just one of those things.
    Last edited by DraugrWight; 03-01-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: I type gooder.


  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DraugrWight For This Useful Post:


  23. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,429
    DraugrWright, Thank you for your take on the case and I didn't realize you were new...so welcome! For the most part, I agree with you as far as a POI. I have had concerns for a long time that Tara's case might not ever be solved due to as you describe the "Boys in Blue club" atmosphere. It just breaks my heart, the whole situation. The Crystal Lake possibility is new to me, so thank you for that info.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela


  24. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyRush View Post
    DraugrWright, Thank you for your take on the case and I didn't realize you were new...so welcome! For the most part, I agree with you as far as a POI. I have had concerns for a long time that Tara's case might not ever be solved due to as you describe the "Boys in Blue club" atmosphere. It just breaks my heart, the whole situation. The Crystal Lake possibility is new to me, so thank you for that info.
    Thank you, and np. Crystal Lake was one of those places that, if you weren't in south Georgia or north Florida during the 80s and very early 90s, you probably wouldn't know about it. It was kind of our little weekend day get away and so it kind of sticks in my mind from childhood, along with the fact that it's never been searched, afaik, even if were it me doing the poking around, it'd be one of the first places I'd hit, considering how off-limits it is now, as the land is privately owned.

    Here's a link about it.

    The fact that the Adcock family owns it makes it doubly hinky and doubly suspicious, but I don't know if I could explain why.


  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DraugrWight For This Useful Post:


  26. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    27,991
    DraugrWight, maybe you would be interested in heading to the Marcus Harper thread and help us out a little?

    I will confess that his ability to account minute by minute (iirc) for his alibi seems a little strange.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-07-2015 at 03:29 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou


  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY OH - Amber Howard, 21, Portsmouth, 10 Aug 2007 - Pregnant
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 02:46 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 10:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •