POI-Marcus Harper

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Was Marcus Harper responsible or involved in Tara's disappearance?

Tara--Marcus-Harper200.jpg

Please discuss this person of interest here.

I believe that Marcus Harper was somehow involved with Tara's disappearance as well as her murder, as I believe Tara to be dead.

I also wonder if his girlfriend at the time wasn't somehow involved......

The lack of his DNA matching up on the glove that was found does not eliminate him as a POI in my mind.

My one & only suspect is MH. I think he may have had help from his father or a friend in disposing of Tara's body which will never be recovered because the 1 or 2 guilty people will never admit involvement..... that has worked so far, almost 5 years.

During that "almost five years", what would MH's motive be? From what I have read, he was through with her.

During that "almost five years", what would MH's motive be? From what I have read, he was through with her.

But she was hanging on, I think he was fed up & just cleared the way for his newly-found life as a bachelor.

I don't see a motive for MH either. She was his ex-gf and he had apparently made that clear to her. She was still hung up on him, but was also having a relationship with another man. Why isn't more attention given to this man? He was in Ocilla during the weekend as well.

MH has an alibi; even though some find it suspicious. Coming from a small town myself, I don't find it suspicious that he did a ride along that night with a friend and former co-worker. It happens often in my small town and many times it is a spur of the moment decision.

Just going by gut, I don't think that Marcus Harper murdered Tara. I am going to read the other threads on Tara here at WS to see what other suspects may have been presented that I haven't heard of.

My heart goes out to Tara's family and the friends who loved her so very much. Prayers for justice for Tara.

I've read all the threads and do not know what to think...I think it is possible that the ex was also angered that Tara apparently had filed a complaint against his friend the police officer and the two of them together that night could have worked themselves up into wanting to confront her...
But...they had a number of people who had seen them throughout that night; one officer said the alibi was almost "too good" in fact. But police also say they do not know what time Tara vanished.
I also feel certain she is no longer alive and that she would not have left her life, her family and her dog, even if she was upset and I don't know that she was more upset than any other time that night. She did seem to have a very complicated love life, though, which is why there are so many people to consider. Still, I don't know why any of them would want to harm her :(

My question is - what kind of alibi is it that he was doing his rounds with her married guy friend she was seeing the night Tara disappeared? Is this correct? Was he the same guy who left the calling card and called like 20 times? Heath could have been covering his tracks. One or both of them could have backtracked and killed her and put her body somewhere temporarily and had help. Then go back to the house and straighten up with the latex gloves. Any blood found at the scene of the crime?

He has always been my number one suspect. She took off after him that evening after getting the phone call from the bar. She threw a fit and he may have hit or pushed her.
I pray they find her and justice is done.

He is my number one suspect.

I find it difficult to understand how, after all these years, Tara's disappearance remains unsolved.

There isn't much here about the case. It has taken me less than 2 hours to read every thread on Tara.

What I find hinky, and never saw an explanation for, was the fact that some searchers were going to look on some private property near MH residence, they had permission from the owners, but the sheriff shut down the searchers at the request of MH and his mother.

How was this allowed and why was a bigger stink not made about it?

Unless there is a warrant or a subpoena in play, law enforcement cannot force themselves onto anyone's property and search. That is why they ask permission.

Marcus' alibi has a pretty tight timeline-for me the question would be the veracity of the person who corroberates it for him.

I like her BIL for it, fwiw. That is JMO, not to mention the good doc went on National Television (Montel Williams show) and broke that he failed the poly.

I believe MH and his buddy called her that night and she went to met him in a hurry just bringing her keys and wallet. The buddy told MH about the complaint and MH knew she still had feelings for him, so he knew she would come. The seat pulled back explains that a tall individual drove her car back to her house. I believe the lamp knocked over and the latex glove was set up just to throw off the investigation. It sounds to me this whole case was covered up by LE.

Was her recent cellphone activity investigated and what was found? Did they look into the wife of the cop from the next town?

Did a thread about Marcus get deleted or something? He was apparently an important person in Tara's life for a long time, but not much is written about him here.

Are there more photos of the 2 of them together? Sometimes, body language can be meaningful... Some people pick up things that others don't.. Just saying.

Did they use any type of aircraft with heat sensors flying over the family's farm property soon after Tara went missing? If not, does anyone know why not?

It has been a long time since the last post on here. There are 10-20 threads on other missing person pages here in WS. I realize it has been a long time but Tara is not forgotten. I am from small town GA & know many people who knew & love her. This case really only has 2 scenarios IMO. She left on her own or was murdered by someone she knew. I don't think she would not have put up a fight and/or screamed if it were a stranger inside her house. Where are you at Tara?

It has been a long time since the last post on here. There are 10-20 threads on other missing person pages here in WS. I realize it has been a long time but Tara is not forgotten. I am from small town GA & know many people who knew & love her. This case really only has 2 scenarios IMO. She left on her own or was murdered by someone she knew. I don't think she would not have put up a fight and/or screamed if it were a stranger inside her house. Where are you at Tara?

Its been a little too quiet about this case the last 2 years......disturbing

He has always been my number one suspect. She took off after him that evening after getting the phone call from the bar. She threw a fit and he may have hit or pushed her.
That scenario—accidental killing—is plausible but unlikely. 1) Passion is what moves people to violence, and he was no longer passionate about Tara. 2) He would have had to get his "ride along" to give him a bogus alibi. That would be an awfully loyal friend.

Now, if she had some dirt on him & threatened to expose it if he didn't take her back, then he'd have a motive for premeditated murder. If she was threatening to expose corruption in the police department, then anyone in that department could have been the perp. Was the ride-along MH's idea or the passenger's idea? Maybe MH made good and certain that he had an alibi because he knew someone else had plans for Tara.

A more likely scenario, though, is that she had a stalker, and not some college kid—probably not someone inexperienced at abduction, either. It could have been someone she knew, but I would not assume that.

I don't think he's a viable suspect. Is there a possibility he was involved? Sure, he can't be completely ruled out - but that possibility, IMHO, is very small. Whoever did this was someone with a motive, and I don't see a motive for MH at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back