1034 users online (162 members and 872 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ametcalfe View Post
    Hi guys. Long time follower of this case. Quick question that arose while listening to the podcast...Tara's friend that called her at the BBQ...did I hear correctly that she called from the White Horse while MH was there? I'm sorry I can't remember if she saw something he was doing that prompted her to call Tara. Thanks!
    That's my understanding - the friend called Tara from the White Horse Saloon and told her MH was there. That's according to news articles from that time period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 007mom View Post
    That's my understanding - the friend called Tara from the White Horse Saloon and told her MH was there. That's according to news articles from that time period.

Thank ya!

So I notice that many people on here and even Anita herself in media interviews say that they think Tara 'left' with someone knowingly. Is it as widely believed that Tara left on her own? Got the call from her friend at the BBQ earlier that upset her, came home, got stewed up even more, changed her clothes, grabbed her purse and left? She was upset and irrational and knew MH was out. This makes sense to me. I don't think there was a struggle in the house. She went out and the struggle was with whoever she was going to see. This person (or a friend) drove the car back with Tara not in it. This could mean two things, right? One, it opens up MH's timeline a little. On the podcast, from the dispatch logs, they state that his timeline was opened up already by the first time that he could've encountered Merritt. Opens it up even more if Tara was already there waiting close in the proximity. Two, maybe she was going to see HD and that was something he definitely didn't want, especially if he was home with his wife as is stated. It just seems to me that whoever harmed Tara had to have had help, and that's a lot to ask of someone in my opinion. IIRC dogs did not hit on Tara's car, so she wasn't in it. There were two cars unless for whatever reason her body is still in the area that they met.

Quote Originally Posted by ametcalfe View Post
    So I notice that many people on here and even Anita herself in media interviews say that they think Tara 'left' with someone knowingly. Is it as widely believed that Tara left on her own? Got the call from her friend at the BBQ earlier that upset her, came home, got stewed up even more, changed her clothes, grabbed her purse and left? She was upset and irrational and knew MH was out. This makes sense to me. I don't think there was a struggle in the house. She went out and the struggle was with whoever she was going to see. This person (or a friend) drove the car back with Tara not in it. This could mean two things, right? One, it opens up MH's timeline a little. On the podcast, from the dispatch logs, they state that his timeline was opened up already by the first time that he could've encountered Merritt. Opens it up even more if Tara was already there waiting close in the proximity. Two, maybe she was going to see HD and that was something he definitely didn't want, especially if he was home with his wife as is stated. It just seems to me that whoever harmed Tara had to have had help, and that's a lot to ask of someone in my opinion. IIRC dogs did not hit on Tara's car, so she wasn't in it. There were two cars unless for whatever reason her body is still in the area that they met.
    As far as meeting HD that night after BBQ, I'm just speculating here. But in the last podcast episode, Troy Davis said she spoke to someone for a good little bit (a person who she described as a close family friend and a police officer in Perry). He is said to have called Tara at approximately 10:20 that night. If it's a 1 hour 15 min drive each way, my guess is that she didn't leave to go meet HD. I could be very wrong. He could have used his job as an excuse to leave that time of night. Depending on Tara's conversation with Meghan, the girl who called from the White Horse, I could definitely see Tara going home to freshen up, change clothes, whatever, then go meet Meghan as an excuse to see MH. Pure speculation on my part either way. As you mentioned in your comment, I've also heard most people assume she left with someone that night, probably because she left her cell phone behind. I agree with you that she very well may have left on her own. No more than we know, I'd say it's equally as likely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3