1225 users online (209 members and 1016 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,563
    One more thing. Where is the Snapdragon located in reference to Tara's home?

    Second did the cadaver dogs hit on her scent specifically or just a corpse's scent?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Muchos Gracias Senorita!
    Gesundheit...jk. I love that smilie and have never had one posted to me before!!! I feel cool.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,118
    Regarding the serial killer angle:

    Tara lived in a small town in a remote area with no real construction being done, IIRC. Jennifer lived in a big city with construction work going on all around her....

    How was Tara chosen?

    If it was a stranger abduction, then by golly this was clearly not his first because how could he possibly have known that people would tramp everywhere before her home was secured, the car would be processed by someone who should have recused himself and that she would have a boyfriend who was tailor made as a suspect?

    Jennifer Kesse could have been put into a construction dumpster and hauled away so easily with no one ever knowing where she went. Tara was either removed from the town or was dumped in the significant woods that surrounds her area.

    Too many methods for me....

    Tara seems to have too many people around her with some kind of motive (for lack of a better word) or some kind of intense involvement in her life. Jennifer doesn't strike me as having the same number of people obsessed with her...but I do not know the case well.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,563
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Regarding the serial killer angle:

    Tara lived in a small town in a remote area with no real construction being done, IIRC. Jennifer lived in a big city with construction work going on all around her....

    How was Tara chosen?

    If it was a stranger abduction, then by golly this was clearly not his first because how could he possibly have known that people would tramp everywhere before her home was secured, the car would be processed by someone who should have recused himself and that she would have a boyfriend who was tailor made as a suspect?

    Jennifer Kesse could have been put into a construction dumpster and hauled away so easily with no one ever knowing where she went. Tara was either removed from the town or was dumped in the significant woods that surrounds her area.

    Too many methods for me....

    Tara seems to have too many people around her with some kind of motive (for lack of a better word) or some kind of intense involvement in her life. Jennifer doesn't strike me as having the same number of people obsessed with her...but I do not know the case well.
    I agree it was most likely done by someone she knows but it is possible that a couple of traveling CW's happened upon her.

    The clothes in the Bedroom of TG's home makes me think it wasn't a stranger that came into her place.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    From the 48 hours article.

    And besides the DNA, Rothwell says they also got a fingerprint. But when they compared the DNA and fingerprint to the men in Tara's life, there was no match.

    There was no match nationally, either. Still, investigators can't eliminate any of the men in Tara's life, since they might have had an accomplice. "We always have to consider the possibility of a third party. Either someone was involved in getting a third party to harm Tara or that Tara was harmed by accident and a third party was used to help cover up the crime," Rothwell says.


    So let's assume the glove belonged to an accomplice. I first thought of Harpers old partner that he drove around with that night but I believe police officers have to submit their DNA and fingerprints when they're hired. If not then Harpers story sounds hinky to me.

    The abductor obviously had an accomplice, IMO, because her car was still there and the seat was moved back. So if the abductor used her car and came back to her place then he probably didn't just walk away.

    If the Jennifer Keese case (Hey that rhymes!) is related to the Grinstead case then it's most likely a traveling serial killer. If one of the construction workers can be linked to being in both areas at the same time that would be a big break. It's particularly interesting that the bloodhounds trailed back to her complex.

    The video from the Keese investigation shows a person 5'3" to 5'5". I find it hard to believe that a guy that size could over power one or both of these women easily.

    Also, Tara's car seat was pushed back farther than someone about 5'5" would be able to drive.

    Since the DNA on the glove doesn't match any known suspects in Tara's life I lean more toward random crime.

    The DVD in Keese's crime is intriguing. It appears, evidently, that it has no ties to her. In the article they don't say whether there were fingerprints on it or not. They had to have gotten fingerprints off the steering wheel of her car. If not was the driver wearing gloves? If he was that seems like another tie in to both cases.

    I'm curious too as to whether or not they could track down which store sold the DVD player by the serial number? I believe inventories at those stores are kept by model # and serial number so if it's sold they can make sure it came from their store if someone tries to return it.

    If it is a pair of construction workers going from one place to another it's probably not going to be solved until their DNA or fingerprints show up in the national database.
    I haven't posted in a while, since there's no movement and little news to discuss.

    Oscilla is pretty far off the beaten track, so to speak. Construction isn't part of that town at all. A random killing there would be unlikely, too. The town is small.

    I've felt for some time that a PAID third party - pro hit man - was involved, which is why the prints matched no one in town or in a national database.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    I haven't posted in a while, since there's no movement and little news to discuss.

    Oscilla is pretty far off the beaten track, so to speak. Construction isn't part of that town at all. A random killing there would be unlikely, too. The town is small.

    I've felt for some time that a PAID third party - pro hit man - was involved, which is why the prints matched no one in town or in a national database.
    Yes and yes! I heard that 48 Hours will revisit this crime tomorrow night. I also hear that there is a new snippit. I don't know anything personally so I hope that there is new news.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Thanks for the update CP!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    270
    Hi everyone!

    It's been a while since I posted anything here. I see that there is something on 48 tonight on Tara. I'll have to check that out. Thanks CP for telling us.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    YW, lovely ladies. I hope there is some new news. Just a snippet could have us off and running again given the amount of data collected so far. Pieces of the puzzle could help put it together and get some justice for Tara.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    land of fruits and nuts
    Posts
    185
    Esah, Concern haven't posted here in a while and dont visit other forums so just wondering did you two get to see the 48hrs and was there any new info.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,437
    I have a feeling that what really happened is something that Concernedperson touched upon in her post after yours. LE could have easily lied, as part of routine questioning, and he actually may not have failed any of the questions. In all this time, I have never read or heard LE verify that he failed the lie detector test. The only reason why it became a public point of discussion is that Larry and Anita Gattis were upset enough about it to bring to Greta Van Susteren's attention.

    So, I could be totally wrong, but I really think the reason why Larry Gattis's story to GVS about the polygraph sounds like it's missing a detail is because there are no other details. I think it was just an le lie, trick, whatever you want to call it, thinking he may talk. They probably had no idea that it would get to the level of him publically calling out the way they treated him in the polygraph room. I suppose, by now, they may have let him know whether he really failed the question or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I'm not sure that a guy having an affair and lying about it makes him a murderer. A lot of husbands out there would lie about that.

    I do have a question about the release of the polygraph results. He may have failed more than one question. So he had to come up with a question that sounded reasonable to his wife since they told him he failed.

    I can't think of any other question that sounds believable enough that LE would still be interested in him. I think it was the least of the evils.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,118
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyRush View Post
    I have a feeling that what really happened is something that Concernedperson touched upon in her post after yours. LE could have easily lied, as part of routine questioning, and he actually may not have failed any of the questions. In all this time, I have never read or heard LE verify that he failed the lie detector test. The only reason why it became a public point of discussion is that Larry and Anita Gattis were upset enough about it to bring to Greta Van Susteren's attention.

    So, I could be totally wrong, but I really think the reason why Larry Gattis's story to GVS about the polygraph sounds like it's missing a detail is because there are no other details. I think it was just an le lie, trick, whatever you want to call it, thinking he may talk. They probably had no idea that it would get to the level of him publically calling out the way they treated him in the polygraph room. I suppose, by now, they may have let him know whether he really failed the question or not.
    I think that is certainly possible, but until recently, I think that LE has been very, very consistent regarding NOT commenting on most of what it out there, and further I do not believe that the GBI would release the results of a lie detector test since it is an investigative tool...jmo.

    I am just curious as to why this LDT test and result as confessed by Larry Gattis is not being considered for what it is on the surface-that one of the POI's has shown himself as having something to hide.

    I am intrigued as to why the Gattis's chose to share the result with the media when it was very likely that GBI would not be releasing the results to the media....unless they believed that Larry was about to be picked up and they thought they would do some damage control by "dropping the bomb" themselves. And they could put their own spin on it.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,563
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I think that is certainly possible, but until recently, I think that LE has been very, very consistent regarding NOT commenting on most of what it out there, and further I do not believe that the GBI would release the results of a lie detector test since it is an investigative tool...jmo.

    I am just curious as to why this LDT test and result as confessed by Larry Gattis is not being considered for what it is on the surface-that one of the POI's has shown himself as having something to hide.

    I am intrigued as to why the Gattis's chose to share the result with the media when it was very likely that GBI would not be releasing the results to the media....unless they believed that Larry was about to be picked up and they thought they would do some damage control by "dropping the bomb" themselves. And they could put their own spin on it.
    I think it was a preemptive strike in case LE released a statement saying he failed his LDT. He wanted to explain the question he failed in case LE only said he failed the LDT without telling the specific question he failed.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I think it was a preemptive strike in case LE released a statement saying he failed his LDT. He wanted to explain the question he failed in case LE only said he failed the LDT without telling the specific question he failed.

    I understand what you are saying, but IIRC, I do not recall there being much in the way of information being passed along by the GBI in those days. In many ways, this is the reason I have felt that this case is tough to sleuth because GBI has held their cards pretty close up until this point. Granted, now we are seeing some information on third party DNA etc...

    Prior to the 48 hours media blitz in 2008, I recall seeing a few stories printed with people on the ground discussing GBI searches and the like, but nothing really coming from them. Maybe I have missed it all?
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,437
    Thanks for your response, believe. I see what you're saying and I'm not saying that Larry can be ruled out entirely. I realize that the GBI has been tight-lipped about most things here. But I seem to remember someone discussing the results of MH's poly, as far as pass or fail, and wanting everyone to know that he passed. It may not have been the GBI who released that, maybe it was MH's personal attorney. I can't remember.

    Regardless, I'm just saying I think they had every right to anticipate that someone in that town would leak something. I live 3,000 miles away and had already read the rumors started by locals online, including all the negative things people had to say about her sister and brother in law. That was long before this lie detector test. So, my impression of their reaction on GVS is that this situation where essentially a rumor got tagged on to an official list of polygraph questions may have been the last straw.

    I don't know. They just seemed upset and as if they had nowhere locally to turn. So, they turned to one of the two other media outlets who had been there for them--GVS (the other being NG). And like I said, I could totally see how that could be the case when even people like me who live far away sensed that Tara's family did not have very much support within Ocilla.

    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I think that is certainly possible, but until recently, I think that LE has been very, very consistent regarding NOT commenting on most of what it out there, and further I do not believe that the GBI would release the results of a lie detector test since it is an investigative tool...jmo.

    I am just curious as to why this LDT test and result as confessed by Larry Gattis is not being considered for what it is on the surface-that one of the POI's has shown himself as having something to hide.

    I am intrigued as to why the Gattis's chose to share the result with the media when it was very likely that GBI would not be releasing the results to the media....unless they believed that Larry was about to be picked up and they thought they would do some damage control by "dropping the bomb" themselves. And they could put their own spin on it.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast