635 users online (76 members and 559 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Why did Madeleine 'go missing'?

Voters
509. You may not vote on this poll
  • She was abducted

    187 36.74%
  • She wandered off and disappeared

    14 2.75%
  • She was overdosed on sedatives; parents covered it up

    168 33.01%
  • She met with an accident; parents covered it up

    65 12.77%
  • One of her parents was violent to her and killed her

    63 12.38%
  • Any other reason Madeleine went missing

    12 2.36%

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 965
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    I don't believe Madeleine was autistic or FAS, but I do think she was a more high spirited child. If she had been autistic, I think more signs of that would have showed up in her schooling and daycare, and by all accounts she blended well with the other children.

    That doesn't mean that Kate didn't struggle with Madeleine and her temperament any more than if Maddie had been autistic. I have thought a long time about how much Kate talks about Sean and Amelie...they seem to be very easy-temperament children, and of course, being twins, they will play with and amuse each other. Not like Madeleine, who like a typical first born daughter, will expect a lot of interaction and attention. Maddie seemed to have been much more difficult in the early days than Kate expected.

    It's not only autistic children who can be difficult infants. A friend with an autistic son once reminded me that the "ends" of the spectrum have more in common with each other than they do with the average in the middle. So my older daughter was as sensitive to loud sounds as his autistic son, among other things. My younger daughter also qualifies on the gifted range (for whatever that's worth, LOL) and she was an extremely difficult infant. Hypersensitive, colicky, and extremely strongwilled, she would have been a difficult baby for someone coming with strong ideas and opinions about how having a baby would be.

    Also, with Kate's narcissistic traits, it would be even harder for her to deal with a child that did not complement her vision of herself as a "responsible parent."

    Kate was a high-achieving individual who seems to have been kind of the "top girl' from early days. So much so, that even now, when she gets critical comments, her mother agrees with her that it "must' be because Kate is a not a fat, fluffy, middle aged mom figure. No! Of course it must be because they are jealous of Kate!

    Look how often Kate talks about what good parents they are, how she never, ever, ever gives even a hint of self-doubt or allows it to creep into the conversation. It's either extreme defensiveness, or a supreme arrogance, and for the life of me, I still can't figure out which one it is.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    I don't believe Madeleine was autistic or FAS, but I do think she was a more high spirited child. If she had been autistic, I think more signs of that would have showed up in her schooling and daycare, and by all accounts she blended well with the other children.

    That doesn't mean that Kate didn't struggle with Madeleine and her temperament any more than if Maddie had been autistic. I have thought a long time about how much Kate talks about Sean and Amelie...they seem to be very easy-temperament children, and of course, being twins, they will play with and amuse each other. Not like Madeleine, who like a typical first born daughter, will expect a lot of interaction and attention. Maddie seemed to have been much more difficult in the early days than Kate expected.

    It's not only autistic children who can be difficult infants. A friend with an autistic son once reminded me that the "ends" of the spectrum have more in common with each other than they do with the average in the middle. So my older daughter was as sensitive to loud sounds as his autistic son, among other things. My younger daughter also qualifies on the gifted range (for whatever that's worth, LOL) and she was an extremely difficult infant. Hypersensitive, colicky, and extremely strongwilled, she would have been a difficult baby for someone coming with strong ideas and opinions about how having a baby would be.

    Also, with Kate's narcissistic traits, it would be even harder for her to deal with a child that did not complement her vision of herself as a "responsible parent."

    Kate was a high-achieving individual who seems to have been kind of the "top girl' from early days. So much so, that even now, when she gets critical comments, her mother agrees with her that it "must' be because Kate is a not a fat, fluffy, middle aged mom figure. No! Of course it must be because they are jealous of Kate!

    Look how often Kate talks about what good parents they are, how she never, ever, ever gives even a hint of self-doubt or allows it to creep into the conversation. It's either extreme defensiveness, or a supreme arrogance, and for the life of me, I still can't figure out which one it is.
    My vote is for supreme arrogance Texana, they think they have fooled the world with their lies, deceit & manipulation!

    What's the difference between God & a doctor?

    God doesn't think he's a doctor!!!!!

  3. #18
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    My vote is for supreme arrogance Texana, they think they have fooled the world with their lies, deceit & manipulation!

    What's the difference between God & a doctor?

    God doesn't think he's a doctor!!!!!


    LOL

    Barnaby & Texana, It all is a mystery, that's for sure. If we ever heard anything from her teachers, an assessment would be much easier to make...but alas, Madeleine apparently didn't have a teacher who likes to talk about her either. Seems like us Websluthes are the only ones who like to talk about Madeleine. The people who knew and loved her haven't got much to say about her.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Texana - I'm snipping for space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    I don't believe Madeleine was autistic or FAS, but I do think she was a more high spirited child.

    That doesn't mean that Kate didn't struggle with Madeleine and her temperament any more than if Maddie had been autistic. I have thought a long time about how much Kate talks about Sean and Amelie...they seem to be very easy-temperament children, and of course, being twins, they will play with and amuse each other. Not like Madeleine, who like a typical first born daughter, will expect a lot of interaction and attention. Maddie seemed to have been much more difficult in the early days than Kate expected.
    I don't know anything about autisim, so I'm not going there. But, I've said this before....... if you look at the pictures of Kate and Maddie together, none of them show a happy Maddie and most of them show Maddie trying to get away from Kate. Even in the picture of Maddie on the horse, while Maddie looks happy there, Kate has her hand balled into a fist, which shows signs of stress/displeasure. Maybe Gerry was supposed to take Maddie on the horse, but he couldn't for whatever reason, so Kate had to do it, who knows.

    I don't think Maddie liked her mother and I think Kate knew it because in the early days all Kate would ever say was "Madeleine knows how much I/we love her." She never spoke to Maddie and when directly asked what she would like to say to Maddie, it was the same standard quote. To me, that's odd.

    However, in pictures of Gerry and Maddie, Maddie generally looks happy. I think she liked him. Also, it apparently was Gerry Maddie called for in the night - not Kate. That says something also.

    All my opinion of course,

    Salem

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Excellent point, Salem. How could I not remember that incredible remark by Kate about Madeleine knowing they love her? I remember when I saw it how my jaw dropped.

    And yes, there is a different feeling altogether when Gerry is in the picture, literally.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,148
    I totally agree Salem. There are many pics where Madeleine does not look like a happy child - that one where she is biting her lip & looking up at the camera. I don't think the child was happy & definitely not with kate. Any mother who could not give a direct message to her daughter saying that she loved her is very very weird. That comment "she knows we love her" said it all to me! They are good actors but I think that she hated Madeleine so much she couldn't even act on this occasion, so incredibly sad!

  7. #22
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    I totally agree Salem. There are many pics where Madeleine does not look like a happy child - that one where she is biting her lip & looking up at the camera. I don't think the child was happy & definitely not with kate. Any mother who could not give a direct message to her daughter saying that she loved her is very very weird. That comment "she knows we love her" said it all to me! They are good actors but I think that she hated Madeleine so much she couldn't even act on this occasion, so incredibly sad!
    The "She knows we love her" comment always grated on my nerves. It reminds me of when I was in big trouble with my parents as a child. "You know we love you BUT..." It usually came with a lecture, a spanking or a grounding. If it started like that, I was ready to hide.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    936
    Guys, nobody replied to my question (check last message and youtube link on this thread) how true is that Gerry brought a book about how to hide cadavers from the US in July?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,135
    I think the book you are referring to SleuthMom is "No Stone Unturned" which is a book about forensics investigations (see: http://www.amazon.com/No-Stone-Untur.../dp/0786015772). I have heard that there was a copy found in the villa but this has never been confirmed officially.

    I am skeptical because if he had purchased the book prior to their vacation then it might suggest that Maddie's death was premeditated, which I have never believed.

    If it was purchased on the trip to the states then that would point to the possibility that the body was moved and I have never believed that either.

    I have thought that this was probably a forum myth based on GM using the phrase "no stone unturned" in an early blog entry. Someone made the connection to this book and then ran with it.

    Just my opinion, you never know with this case.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    I think the book you are referring to SleuthMom is "No Stone Unturned" which is a book about forensics investigations (see: http://www.amazon.com/No-Stone-Untur.../dp/0786015772). I have heard that there was a copy found in the villa but this has never been confirmed officially.

    I am skeptical because if he had purchased the book prior to their vacation then it might suggest that Maddie's death was premeditated, which I have never believed.

    If it was purchased on the trip to the states then that would point to the possibility that the body was moved and I have never believed that either.

    I have thought that this was probably a forum myth based on GM using the phrase "no stone unturned" in an early blog entry. Someone made the connection to this book and then ran with it.

    Just my opinion, you never know with this case.
    What do you think happened to the body Colomon? What do you think about the DNA in the car? Just interested to know what your theory is, you obviously think it was placed somewhere & left there if you don't believe it was moved!
    I am not sure about this either, the Pet Crematorium always stands out to me for some reason!
    So do you think she was killed on the 2nd & body gone at that point?


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    936
    I don't think the body was moved either but it was thrown to the waters.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    I think the body was moved. I think that guy from South Africa actually got pretty close to where Maddie was and the McCanns had to move her before LE did a real search of the area. I don't put much faith in the SA guy's method.... I just think he got lucky.

    And Barnaby, the pet crematorium really stands out to me also. I will admit that I thought the lawyer was going to find something in the reservoir and I was very disappointed when he didn't, so I could be wrong here also and can't wait until something comes out so we will know!!!

    Salem

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthMom View Post
    I don't think the body was moved either but it was thrown to the waters.
    It is certainly possible Sleuth, so weighted down that it will never show up! I am still wondering about the DNA in the car though!

    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I think the body was moved. I think that guy from South Africa actually got pretty close to where Maddie was and the McCanns had to move her before LE did a real search of the area. I don't put much faith in the SA guy's method.... I just think he got lucky.

    And Barnaby, the pet crematorium really stands out to me also. I will admit that I thought the lawyer was going to find something in the reservoir and I was very disappointed when he didn't, so I could be wrong here also and can't wait until something comes out so we will know!!!

    Salem
    I never thought the lawyer was going to find anything in the resevoir Salem as he said he had an underworld tip that she was abducted, raped (God I hate even typing that) & thrown in the resevoir, I never believed that to be true!

    Now the guy from the Pet crem said that a couple showed up, said they were foreign but had no accent, spoke perfect English with an English accent! They said there were two dogs in the bags. What are the chances of 2 pet dogs dying at the same time? He said they were not sad like people usually are & didn't want the ashes as is usual!
    It is grotesque I know but they were doctors & could have concealed the remains inside the dogs! Hence the big clean up in the apartment!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    I truly don't think that Madeleine will be found, and yes, I think there was some moving around after the death. The pet crematorium is horribly convenient and close, but you would think that someone there would open up the bags, so I don't think that's a real possibility.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    I thought the guy said he didn't open the bags? If IRC, LE said they checked out the crematoriam.

    Also, remember when four or five of us felt like they were close to finding Maddie a few months back? I wonder where they were searching then? Maybe it was at that barn place?...... So many possibilities.

    As for the lawyer, Barnaby - I was hoping he was lying about the underworld tip and that it was really a tip from one or more of the Tapas 7. I didn't think he would spend all that money if he wasn't pretty sure he was going to find something, even if he was banking on collecting the reward. Obviously, wishful thinking on my part.

    Tex (can I call you that?) I think you are right. I don't she will be found, given Gerry's challenge to the LE to find her and prove they did it. So sad.

    Salem

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Free Madeleine Missing Posters
    By iNTERESTEDWOMAN in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 01:45 PM
  2. Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 11
    By Jeana (DP) in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 567
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 09:45 AM
  3. Replies: 351
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 07:43 PM
  4. Replies: 542
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 12:36 PM