22 dead in Mo., Okla., Ga. after new round of storms

What a horrible storm...and to happen the day before Mother's Day.

"People were just wandering up and down the streets. Some had blood on them, some were dazed," Keheley said.
:(

It was a long night last night of watching the weather and waiting. The wind was sooo LOUD! I just kept thinking of people who were going to have to identify a body or pick through the rubble of their houses on Mother's Day. So sad!

That is so terrible and the deaths so sad.

I know what to do if a tornado were spotted and I was in my house or garden.
I went on a guided hike recently and was told that if a tornado hits while you are in the woods look for a large fallen tree to get beneath. It occurred to me how quickly they can spring up and I never gave thought to what I would do on a hike if one did develop.

this has been a really bad system of storms. we have had a number of deaths in the Joplin, MO area. the feed shop / wedding shop where I got some of my wedding supplies is gone. apparently there were a number of people there near the feed shop / wedding store (which was blown away) and we did not know why... as it was closed. we had some survivors tell us that on the radio it was being said there was shelter there. so that explains why the cluster of fatalities / injuries there. when they got to the store it was closed with the fences up. shortly thereafter the people arrived after it was annouced, the tornado hit and demonlished the building / area. just what I have "heard".

they are saying it was a F3-F4.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back