817 users online (90 members and 727 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    No case documents are available from police or GBI in Tara's case as Georgia has a closed criminal records laws.

So for everyone listening to the Up and Vanished podcasts that are just being released on Tara's disappearance... on the second podcast titled White Rabbits, Payne (the guy doing the podcast speaks to his grandma's friend who claims she spoke with Tara at the pageant the night she went missing. Her name is Melba. Melba could not remember the guys name, but she spoke of a former student that Tara supposedly told her she was going to visit before the BBQ. She claimed that he lived in Fitzgerald. I was reading forums and stuff on different websites, and they were talking about how Tara had a lot of different boyfriends, and a person made a very long post (I screen shotted it and can upload it on here later if anyone wants to see it) talking about how she was involved with a former student. The person who typed the message was a friend of this former student, but did not give a last name. He said everyone knew they messed around, but once she went missing it was not spoken of out of respect for the family. He also states the guy died in a car crash. I did a little research and found out that the guys name is Eric Cook, and he lived in Fitzgerald. Could this be the guy that Tara told Melba she was going to see? I just thought it was interesting. I also messaged Payne about this. I had never heard of his name before, nor had it ever came up until this "friend" of Eric's posted this on the internet. Everything he posted checked out to be true. What do you guys think?

What happened to his post? I googled Eric cook and he died a year after Tara went missing. And he would have been 18 in 2005 I'm interested in seeing more.

laurends, can you upload that screen shot from the friend, I'm interested to read what he said.

I don't think Websleuths was around back then

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Eric did not live in Fitzgerald

I know it was 4 months ago but is the person with the screen shot still around? Posting on any other threads?

In regards to whether Eric was the student Melba apparently remembered Roberts being the last name which more than likely was Rhett Roberts.

But I'd still like to see this screen shot!

I have the screen shot from the poster but she does not reveal who she is and just goes by a letter

Quote Originally Posted by paintrain06 View Post
    I'm a filmmaker from Atlanta, GA and I've decided to do a documentary on the Tara Grinstead case. Here's my current portfolio: www.paynelindsey.com

I've read countless articles on the case, and I've dove deep into the forums here on Web Sleuths.

1. Does anyone know if there is a public access to the case files on Tara? Evidence pictures, interviews with POI's, etc.
    2. What does everybody think of the latex glove? Does it feel too convenient for anybody? What kind of person commits a murder with gloves on and leaves one of them in the front yard when they're done? This evidence seems planted to me, by the person who actually did it. Maybe someone with knowledge of the law and forensics did it, knowing that the glove wouldn't match and would throw detectives onto a wild goose chase looking for one. Thoughts?
    3. What are your absolute best and current theories of what could have happened to Tara?

Payne Lindsey
    paynelindsey@gmail.com
    Great podcast! Highly recommend! Hopefully new info will be found to solve the case. Someone out there knows something!

In 11 years on this case I have heard all kinds of rumors and I have just read more.

Tara left the BBQ at 11:00 & MH left the bar at 11:00...coincidence? Probably not. And MH's time is not accounted for until he supposidly calls PD looking for friend late in the 12:00 hour. Why would he not just call his friend? Cops have cell phones too. (That seems strange that MH would call the PD to find his friend. I realize it was 2005 but I certainly had a cell phone in 2005.) I think Tara left the BBQ because MH let her know he wanted to speak to her about something or meet up. (of course this is all speculation because the cell phone records have not been made public.) Then MH goes to her house, takes her for "ride" and poof Tara is gone, never to be heard from again. I think Tara's knowledge of MH's relationship with the teen played a major part in his decision. MH is a Ranger, death is his business & he would have been well trained to kill her swiftly & quietly, with no blood or trace left. I think after he killed her, this is where the police buddies become involved to help dispose of her body. (hence the house burning down. I know her body was not there, but the dogs say it was there at some point.) And the "friends" help MH dispose of Tara in a way that would not be recovered.

But this case will not be solved due to police involvement. Sad, but I fear true.

No mh did not leave the white Horse saloon at 11

Quote Originally Posted by sundrop View Post
    No mh did not leave the white Horse saloon at 11

HI there, just curious if you have a MH timeline or where I can find one?
    “It is not really difficult to construct a series of inferences, each dependent upon its predecessor and each simple in itself. After doing so, one may produce a startling effect.” – The Adventure of the Dancing Men

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/11...grinstead.html

I'm new to following this case thanks to Payne's podcast. Based on the episodes so far & what I've read in researching, I really would love to see justice for Tara. Based on the timeline, history, & evidence I think there are about 3 or so solid "players" I consider more likely than others.
    (I also follow the Maura Murray case if anyone else does)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast