697 users online (87 members and 610 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks. I also worked the Murray case. The podcast about the Murray case is not as good as up and vanished

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daystar317 View Post
    I'm new to following this case thanks to Payne's podcast. Based on the episodes so far & what I've read in researching, I really would love to see justice for Tara. Based on the timeline, history, & evidence I think there are about 3 or so solid "players" I consider more likely than others.
    (I also follow the Maura Murray case if anyone else does)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    I've been following both as well. Easy to get lost in both, huh? I agree with Sundrop about the podcasts. Up and Vanished is my favorite by far. Every Monday, I look for the newest episode. After a while, it's as though we actually know these young ladies, get emotionally invested. Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 007mom View Post
    I've been following both as well. Easy to get lost in both, huh? I agree with Sundrop about the podcasts. Up and Vanished is my favorite by far. Every Monday, I look for the newest episode. After a while, it's as though we actually know these young ladies, get emotionally invested. Welcome.

YES!! I feel invested. Being in my early to mid 30s I feel like I identify with these women & often remind myself that it could have happened to me or someone I know. They deserve justice & the families deserve some sort of closure after over a decade each.
    I've been in to true crime issues for as long as I can remember but I really hadn't explored podcasts. Missing Maura Murray was my 1st & led me to Up & Vanished by Payne. I think all the podcasters do a great job but I do like the regularity of Payne's. I feel that he's more quickly embraced the desire to solve the case rather than just strictly document. I think Tim & Lance (Missing Maura Murray) have come around to realizing they now have a role to play in the investigation that they didn't necessarily desire or wholly embrace in the beginning.

So who stands out to ya'll as the top "players" in Tara's case?

The Murray podcast are just the 2 guys sitting around talking about their theories, rarely do they have people involved in the case interviewed on the show. You don't have the production or quantity of Murray podcast like the up and vanished podcast.

That's dead on. I would add two observations. The first, the Murray podcast guys are very genuine. They may lack in "polish", but they are committed and they produce great work. As a listener, I wish they would spend less time on negative feedback. Screw your naysayers and stay the course. As a listener, I don't care who you block. Just do the job you set out to do. There will be lots of nay Sayers. Ignore them. It's about Maura.

Having worked the Murray case and specifically the Tara case for over 10 years, the Murray case doesn't have the information or the number of people involved. With the podcast on Tara's case what you're getting is a cliff notes version of the case information. Actually the learning curve is Tara's case is about 2 years

Known Timeline

To all of the above, I agree. Tim and Lance discuss the case, theories, etc., but it's primarily things we already know just by reading the stories online, reading Renner's blog and book. It reminds me of a round table discussion.

With Payne and Dr. Godwin, I'm always learning something new. Dr. Godwin has a wealth of information we're not privy to, but I would love to dig through his notes and photos, pick his brain. Up and Vanished is akin to taking a journey with two men on a mission to find the missing pieces of this puzzle. How do people just disappear, vanish without a trace? It's crazy and unnerving. I'm the same age Tara would be, and I think about her and this case every day. I regularly check Dr. Godwin's blog to see what new document, photo, tip, etc., he's posted. Recent pictures on his blog gave me chills. Two pieces of ladies underwear, the same brand that Tara was known to wear, IIRC, randomly strewn in a field? Truth is stranger than fiction. I can't imagine coming across those items. Gives me chills to think about it.

Yes, it's consuming. I'm anxiously awaiting the new episode. I really enjoy listening to Dr. Godwin and Payne discuss Tara's disappearance - one of my favorite parts of the podcast. They're a great team. Makes me always hold out hope that Tara will come back someday, that someone didn't take her life. Wishful thinking? Absolutely. But after all this time, I feel like I know this beautiful young lady, teacher, daughter, friend. I know...that sounds crazy to me even as I write it.

Where are you, Tara?

Been listening to the podcast and was wondering more about the dig Payne was involved in under a house? Did anything turn up with the bags of dirt collected? Was that house also on Snapdragon?

No that house was not on snapdragon, we still have the soil

Sundrop can you verify if the house the soil was obtained belongs or used to belong to TD?

Sorry but I can not say right now

If Marcus Harper is innocent, he is the unluckiest person EVER..

Finally this case has been solved!

Ryan Alexander Duke has been charged with the murder of Tara Grinstead.

Duke.jpg

For Immediate Release
    02/23/2017
    GBI makes an Arrest in the Disappearance of Tara Grinstead
    Ocilla, GA – On February 22, 2017, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) arrested Ryan Alexander Duke, age 33, for O.C.G.A. #16-5-1 Murder in connection with the disappearance of Tara Grinstead.

On Saturday, October 22, 2005, Tara Grinstead disappeared from her home in Ocilla, Georgia. Immediately, foul play was suspected and a massive search was started by the Ocilla Police Department, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and the Irwin County Sheriff’s Office. The search conducted at Grinstead’s home produced very little evidence making the search for her very difficult. Many volunteers from the local community came out and assisted law enforcement with the search efforts. Since the disappearance of Grinstead, several hundred interviews have been conducted, hundreds of leads have been investigated, and multiple search warrants have been executed. All these efforts did not produce any credible information as to the whereabouts of Grinstead.

The GBI has a standing policy that requires all investigative case files, including the unsolved cases, to be reviewed several times each year. Although the Grinstead investigation was over 11 years old, this case continued to be active. Through the years, the GBI has received many leads that came in through the GBI TIPS line. Each and every creditable tip was fully investigated and exhausted. Recently, the GBI received a tip that led agents to conduct several interviews of subjects that had not been previously interviewed. The information gained from these interviews led agents to develop enough probable cause to secure an arrest warrant for Duke, charging him with the murder of Tara Grinstead.

This investigation is still very active and the GBI expects to conduct several more interviews and investigative acts in the next few weeks. The search for Grinstead’s remains continues.

Wow that's amazing! I am so happy that there has been a break in the case!

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crim...134598734.html

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by annoulzz; 02-23-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonPill View Post
    Finally this case has been solved!

Ryan Alexander Duke has been charged with the murder of Tara Grinstead.

Duke.jpg

For Immediate Release
    02/23/2017
    GBI makes an Arrest in the Disappearance of Tara Grinstead
    Ocilla, GA – On February 22, 2017, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) arrested Ryan Alexander Duke, age 33, for O.C.G.A. #16-5-1 Murder in connection with the disappearance of Tara Grinstead.

On Saturday, October 22, 2005, Tara Grinstead disappeared from her home in Ocilla, Georgia. Immediately, foul play was suspected and a massive search was started by the Ocilla Police Department, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and the Irwin County Sheriff’s Office. The search conducted at Grinstead’s home produced very little evidence making the search for her very difficult. Many volunteers from the local community came out and assisted law enforcement with the search efforts. Since the disappearance of Grinstead, several hundred interviews have been conducted, hundreds of leads have been investigated, and multiple search warrants have been executed. All these efforts did not produce any credible information as to the whereabouts of Grinstead.

The GBI has a standing policy that requires all investigative case files, including the unsolved cases, to be reviewed several times each year. Although the Grinstead investigation was over 11 years old, this case continued to be active. Through the years, the GBI has received many leads that came in through the GBI TIPS line. Each and every creditable tip was fully investigated and exhausted. Recently, the GBI received a tip that led agents to conduct several interviews of subjects that had not been previously interviewed. The information gained from these interviews led agents to develop enough probable cause to secure an arrest warrant for Duke, charging him with the murder of Tara Grinstead.

This investigation is still very active and the GBI expects to conduct several more interviews and investigative acts in the next few weeks. The search for Grinstead’s remains continues.
    So bittersweet.

I'm relieved that it appears he has fully confessed instead of trying to deny as long as possible. I watched the hearing as they read the charges & his admissions. Such a needless tragedy.

This day has been long overdue.

This is why we never give up for these victims.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast