04-06-2004, 08:22 AM #1Former Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- In heels
Scientist killed by faulty stove
LONDON (AP) - A scientist died while stirring homemade marmalade, unaware his faulty gas stove was emitting deadly carbon monoxide gas, the man's brother said Monday.
Biochemist and former teacher Keith Turnbull, 61, collapsed in his remote cottage near Walk, northern England, just before Christmas as he tried to make a large batch of the sweet preserves, according to his brother, Roy.
The scientist's dog Cleugh also died.
An inquest into Turnbull's death last week recorded a verdict of accidental death.
Roy Turnbull said his brother was using an old gas stove to make the marmalade.