GUILTY NJ - Anthony Merino for raping corpse in morgue, Teaneck, 2008

RWill1974

Reaction score
Get ready to hurl your cookies...

Morgue tech admits to sex abuse of 92-year-old woman's corpse

by Russell Ben-Ali/The Star-Ledger Monday May 12, 2008, 4:20 PM

A young laboratory technician accused of sexually abusing the corpse of a 92-year-old woman in a Teaneck hospital morgue pleaded guilty today to desecration of human remains.
Anthony Merino, 25, of Manhattan faces up to seven years in prison when he is sentenced for the second-degree crime on July 11. But under a complicated plea agreement negotiated by his attorney, Savyon Grant, and the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office, Merino could file a motion to have his sentence reconsidered and be placed on five years' probation upon serving 11 months, 15 days in prison.
Merino was arrested last October when a security guard observed him engaged in sexual activity with the deceased woman inside a morgue at Holy Name Hospital in Teaneck. Merino was a newly employed, part-time lab tech at the hospital at the time.
As part of his plea, Merino agreed to undergo a full psychological evaluation and will be prohibited from working at a hospital, morgue, cemetery or anywhere else where he could come into contact with human remains.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/05/morgue_tech_admits_to_sex_abus.html

I have a feeling this happens more than we would like to believe.

I really need somebody to weigh in that has a psych explanation for this- or is it other?

Unless this was the freak's first day on the job he's probably raped more corpses besides this poor lady.

Reminds me of a Sam Kinison joke he once did in his standup act. He was saying how he had read an article about a guy who worked at a funeral home who was charging gay men in the area a fee to come in and do their business on the corpses. Kinison was relating the "thoughts" of the dead guy:

"Well Lord, I guess I lived a good, full life. There were some bad times, yes, but I got through them. Now I can just relax and enjoy the eternal afterlife. Wait, a minute...who's this guy?! What's he doing?! OH GOD, NO! NOOOOOO!!!!"

I'm just sickened by this actions, this is really disturbing to me. I can't imagine how the victim's family has been able to deal with this, I know had it been a member of my family this scum would be begging to be locked up!

I have heard of this before. In the small town I grew up in one family mortuary was considered to be "tainted" by this type of behavior. I knew the younger family members at that time and considered it a horrible possibility. My family has never used that funeral home for any of our family members.

I think there is already a thread on this creep. Someone even found his myspace account.

I am betting this thing happens more than we really want to think about.....yuck.

Steve Huff wrote about this guy when he was first arrested. This guy had a girlfriend. Can you imagine the horror for her, if you know what I mean?

Sheep, cattle, chickens, picnic tables, corpses...you name it and they will do it if they are freaking sick enough.

Rape of anything has nothing to do with the act, but the control. A corpse is not different in that respect. They can't tell on the abuser and the has the last vile action of control over his victim. It wasn't because she was a sexual attraction for him at 92 yo. It was because he is a sexual predator.

I think they gave him far too light of a sentence for his crime. He isn't going to change, imo. The next time...he will go after a living child or elderly person.

Sheep, cattle, chickens, picnic tables, corpses...you name it and they will do it if they are freaking sick enough.

Rape of anything has nothing to do with the act, but the control. A corpse is not different in that respect. They can't tell on the abuser and the has the last vile action of control over his victim. It wasn't because she was a sexual attraction for him at 92 yo. It was because he is a sexual predator.

I think they gave him far too light of a sentence for his crime. He isn't going to change, imo. The next time...he will go after a living child or elderly person.

in many respects, i agree with this, in that i don't think he was attracted to the corpse-and if i were the girlfriend, I would be worried.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back