766 users online (111 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Skimpy Dress Gets Teen Cuffed, Taken From Prom

According to Houston television station KHOU, an official stopped Marche Taylor from entering the ballroom at a Houston-area hotel. Taylor was told the dress violated the school dress code.

"She shook her head, she was like you are not getting into this prom," Taylor told the television station. "We were arguing back and forth because I wanted to know why I can't get into my prom."

Madison High School Principal Aubrey Taylor said the dress was inappropriate and violated the rules.
    more: http://www.wsbtv.com/education/16240201/detail.html

I thought the dress was inappropriate as well, but that's the fat jealous lady in me talking.

It's not like it's offensive in this day and age. She's got it, she was flaunting it, that's all.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

It was totally inappropriate.

She knew it wasn't appropriate. I'd bet some colleges would frown on that gown too.

Quote Originally Posted by KatK View Post
    She knew it wasn't appropriate. I'd bet some colleges would frown on that gown too.
    Most public places would. It wasn't indecent exposure, though, so no law would prohibit it. I will admit it's tasteless, but she did look cute in it.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

It was very inappropriate... I don't blame the school from putting their collective foot down and saying no to this girl.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

That dress is over the top in my book, and I think it is very inappropriate.
    I wouldn't allow my daughter to wear that to her prom.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    Most public places would. It wasn't indecent exposure, though, so no law would prohibit it. I will admit it's tasteless, but she did look cute in it.
    Cute, but (IMO) not particularily classy, much as she held her head high. I guess I can be shallow and petty...

I think the gown was a bit much but similar to other prom gowns I have seen over the past few years ...
    My only question is do they enforce this at all after school events .. like football games etc??
    Because I have been to plenty and typically in school dress code is not enforced at after school events...

Does this school allow their band for example to raise money doing car washes and if so are the girls wearing bikini's as I so often see??
    Or even bikini tops with little shorts??

If they are then it needs to be all or not enforced at after school events at all.

I'm not sure I'd even put it in the 'dress' category.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22 View Post
    I'm not sure I'd even put it in the 'dress' category.
    I'm with you ... it's beach wear.

I can't see it

Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    I can't see it
    It is on the video at one of the two links. ETA: I don't know if this link will bring up the video or not, but try it. If not, it is part of the first article WR linked.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    I'm with you ... it's beach wear.
    That is exactly what I thought! I would not let my daughter wear this dress. I wouldn't even classify it AS a dress!

My momma would not have let me leave the house in that!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast