1072 users online (247 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Einstein: Bible Is 'Primitive, Pretty Childish'

Not sure what to think about this~ not surprised by his opinion considering he was a scientist.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355323,00.html

"In it, Einstein said that "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
    "For me," he added, "the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

He aslo said in 1932, "There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will."

He may not always have been right, but when he was, he was way more right than anyone else.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

That's just 1 page of links, there are hundreds. IMO, he is wrong about this too.

Crank Dot Net | Einstein was wrong

Einstein was wrong ... "Proponents of Einstein have acted in a way that appears ... Einstein was wrong ... "The book presents a set of new splendid theories ...
    www.crank.net/einstein.html - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

NASA - Was Einstein Wrong About Space Travel?

Mar 22, 2006 ... Editor's note: This story should not be construed to mean that Einstein's theory of Special Relativity is wrong. It is correct. ...
    science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/22mar_telomeres.htm - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

Was Einstein Wrong?

A team of Australian scientists proposes an idea that could unseat one of the most cherished laws of modern physics -- Einstein's theory of relativity.
    www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,54394,00.html - 44k - Cached - Similar pages

Preposterous Universe

Was Einstein wrong? Gravity is the most obvious of the four forces of nature (gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong and weak nuclear forces). ...
    preposterousuniverse.blogspot.com/2004/05/was-einstein-wrong.html - 29k - Cached - Similar pages

Einstein Wrong - The Miracle Year

People who have spent years, decades, and lifetimes showing Einstein's theories of relativity to be wrong may cause your outrage to switch direction. ...
    www.einsteinwrong.com/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

Why Einstein may have got it wrong | Science | The Guardian

A century after Albert Einstein published his most famous ideas, physicists will today commemorate the occasion by trying to demolish one of them.
    www.guardian.co.uk/science/2005/apr/11/science.research - 59k - Cached - Similar pages

WHERE DR. EINSTEIN WENT WRONG

Apr 6, 2005 ... Within days, I became widely known around campus as "The kid who proved Einstein wrong." I was unanimously elected president of the Special ...
    www.brojon.org/frontpage/EINSTEIN-WENT-WRONG.html - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

Was Einstein wrong? | csmonitor.com

So just how right was Einstein about the way gravity works?
    www.csmonitor.com/2002/0614/p25s03-stss.html - 83k - Cached - Similar pages

Was Einstein Wrong about Space Travel?

Mar 22, 2006 ... PhysOrg news: Was Einstein Wrong about Space Travel?
    www.physorg.com/news12032.html - 27k - Cached - Similar pages

Wisp Unification Theory - almost the theory of everything

The results of which show Einstein's relativity is wrong. ... Experiments carried out to test this proposal have proven Einstein wrong. ...
    www.kevin.harkess.btinternet.co.uk/reasons_einstein_wrong/reasons_einstein_wrong.html - 49k - Cached - Similar pages

Thanks Christine

Albert Einstein quotes on God and religion:

I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details.
    I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice.
    God is subtle but he is not malicious.
    Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.
    God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically.

Hmmm, what was his IQ again...
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

Einsteins IQ?

Wikianswers

Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    Not sure what to think about this~ not surprised by his opinion considering he was a scientist.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355323,00.html

"In it, Einstein said that "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
    "For me," he added, "the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

I totally agree with Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I totally agree with Einstein
    so you believe there is a god that controls the universe just not like how the bible says?

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    so you believe there is a god that controls the universe just not like how the bible says?

no

See what happens when I skim?

I agree with this

"For me," he added, "the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions"

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    no

See what happens when I skim?

I agree with this

"For me," he added, "the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions"
    yeah but you probably agree with half of what i say too.

Wow I agree with Einstein and with Linda hehe
    He also said:
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
    http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshir...einQuotes.html

Many of our founding fathers were against organised religion or even religion itself.

Quote Originally Posted by becklynn View Post
    Many of our founding fathers were against organised religion or even religion itself.
    Really? I thought the opposite.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast