GUILTY MO - Todd Barkau & Debra Palmer for child sex trafficking, Blue Springs, 2006

White Rain

Reaction score
I am sickened...these two deserve nothing but life in hell.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Federal prosecutors on Monday unsealed an indictment against a man and woman accused of training the woman's child to be a dominatrix, selling her services and photographing some of the acts.
U.S. Attorney John Wood said the case is the first in which a parent of the victim has been charged with the commercial sex trafficking of his or her own minor child.
Todd B. Barkau, 35, of New York, and the 44-year-old mother were charged in the seven-count indictment. Both used to live in Blue Springs, Mo. in the same household.
From Jan. 1, 2002, until Feb. 20, 2005, Barkau created a venture to entice the minor to engage in commercial sex acts, according to the indictment.
"The court filings allege that Barkau obtained control of a 12-year-old girl and he groomed, trained and forced her to become a sexual dominatrix," Wood said at a news conference in Kansas City on Monday.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355257,00.html

From White Rain's link:

Federal prosecutors, who had investigated the case for nearly two years, :eek: have filed a detention motion to detain both in federal custody without bond.

The indictment accused Barkau of training the girl, starting in 2000, and forcing her to engage in sex acts with him and with other men while he watched. According to the indictment, Barkau also had the girl watch *advertiser censored* on the Internet to teach technique and skills.

Barkau is also accused of later creating a business out of a Blue Springs home when the girl was 14 and marketing her as a 19-to-20-year-old BDSM dominatrix on the Internet for about two years. The domain name has since been sold, Wood said.
----------------------

Prosecutors will also seek $80,000 the couple is accused of making through the illegal acts.

I guess we now know $80K was the value of her childhood. :(

This makes me literally want to throw up. I wish they would put these two under the jail. :(

Am I reading that correctly that the girl would be about twenty years old now? Hopefully she's cooperating and these swine will pay dearly for what they did to her.

another "mother" allowing her boyfriend to rape her child.
Heck, not only rape but "Train" then sell her to other pervs.

This mother needs to be shot along with the man, but she will probably say she is the victim of abuse and get away with it...UGH.

Let's tell what the mom did too! This is from the link in the first post:

"Wood said the mother, who lived in Barkau's residence, assisted and encouraged the child to participate. She is charged with participating in a venture to entice a minor to engage in commercial sex acts and with inducing a child who was in her custody to engage in sexually explicit conduct for the production of visual depictions."

Disgusting! Absolutely Disgusting. I guess I understand why they are not saying the mom's name (to protect the identity of the girl) but I wish the girl would change her name so the mom could be publicly identified.

UGGGGG........

Salem

What is to become of this child. how can she be re-educated into normal life and achieve happiness? :(

That is so sick. I hope the girl gets the help she needs and can find some peace and happiness in her life. :(

The court filings allege that Barkau obtained control of a 12-year-old girl and he groomed, trained and forced her to become a sexual dominatrix

Why are the glorifying his pimp status. That is all he is, a horrible pimp. Nevermind this mother, I can't even begin to speak about her. Too horrible.

These two don't even deserve hell, they deserve WORSE. :mad:

I don't need to read the linked articles to voice my opinion on this - sick, sick, sick. Prayers for the young woman who grew up with these horrendous crimes happening to her.

I hope the men who raped the girl while he watched were also prosecuted. The men who paid for this online stuff could probably tell that the girl was not 18-20 and liked it because she did look so young. I wish the internet was not allowed to have any *advertiser censored* at all.

This made me cry. That poor, poor girl.

I hope someone gets a hold of these sick people and tortures the hell out of them for years and years. :furious::furious:

She's 20 years old and the police have been investigating this case for two years. I imagine that she went to the police when she reached 18 years old. Perhaps, they wired her or tapped the phones until the dirtbags said something incriminating. I also hope and pray that this girl has a chance at a normal life. How absolutely disgusting that this mother would ever encourage much less allow her little girl to be used in such a fashion. Pathetic.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man and a woman accused of training the woman's daughter to be a sexual dominatrix have each pleaded guilty to one count of sex trafficking of a child at a federal court hearing.

Todd Barkau, of New York, and the girl's 45-year-old mother pleaded not guilty last year to seven counts accusing them of prostituting the woman's daughter from January 2002 until February 2005.

They entered new pleas Thursday in Kansas City. The woman will serve 15 years, and Barkau will serve 25 years...................
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,555165,00.html?test=latestnews

OK was the girl either going to be a DOMINATRIX or a SLAVE? They are two totally different things! That part confused me & Im not sure if it was sloppy reporting or what!
Either way its sick chit & the adults are where they should be ALTHOUGH we see YET AGAIN the 'woman'got less time-WHY????
It was HER child!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why not get the same sentence or LONGER for such a heinous breach of trust?:furious:

The article never mentions slave, and reporting is fine. Unfortunately, it must be a poorly written headline, usually not written by the reporter.

I think the mother deserves just as much time as well. It's her own flesh and blood. Sometimes the woman does deserve less time, and I can see the logic. Here, I cannot. Of course, we don't know all the details and facts that led to sentencing, but I cannot see why the mother received less with the information given. Were they both charged with the same crime?

The abuse of children is just heinous, and it's so hard to fathom how people could do this to a child, to their own child. I am glad the child got out before anything else happened.

I don't get the distinction in time-really I do not. If the child was hers, she deserves the bulk of the time.

The article never mentions slave, and reporting is fine. Unfortunately, it must be a poorly written headline, usually not written by the reporter.

I think the mother deserves just as much time as well. It's her own flesh and blood. Sometimes the woman does deserve less time, and I can see the logic. Here, I cannot. Of course, we don't know all the details and facts that led to sentencing, but I cannot see why the mother received less with the information given. Were they both charged with the same crime?

The abuse of children is just heinous, and it's so hard to fathom how people could do this to a child, to their own child. I am glad the child got out before anything else happened.
From the scant news I have found(which continues to use "slave" & "dominatrix" interchangeably)the charges are the same! IMO the Mother shouldve had MORE charges as she WAS the MOTHER!:furious:
Im sure her defense was that her male partner "made" her do it & that swayed the judge & jury!:banghead:

I'm guessing that if a child is forced into sexual servitude then she is a "sex slave" even if she is "trained" to dominate. So sad. Looks like Mom goes down in the record books for this first:

"Prosecutors said she is first person in the U.S. to be charged with federal trafficking in a case involving her own child, the Star reported."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,555165,00.html?test=latestnews

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back