CA - Police say woman left infant in locked car

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
Police say woman left infant in locked car

According to reports, the baby was alone in the vehicle for a half-hour.

After calls from witnesses, Merced police arrested a woman Saturday who allegedly left her 7-month-old baby alone in a car.
Police arrested Phankiem Saelee, 24, of Merced, around 5:30 p.m. after witnesses said they saw the baby in a 1984 Honda Accord, parked in a parking lot in the 1100 block of West Main Street.
Lt. Bimley West said witnesses contacted police after they heard the baby crying uncontrollably in the car. By the time officers Chris Cowings and Leon Pintabona arrived, the witnesses had already forced open one of the car's windows and removed the baby from the car, police said
More at link

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/167/story/261978.html

Thank goodness that bystanders acted and removed the child from the car. I swear if I see one person try to defend this woman's actions:mad::furious: they will get flamed!!!

OMG, things like this make me so mad I see red. That poor sweet baby.

She's just lucky it wasn't later in the summer when the temperatures really soar. Thanks goodness the bystanders had the wherewithal to act.

Police say woman left infant in locked car

According to reports, the baby was alone in the vehicle for a half-hour.

After calls from witnesses, Merced police arrested a woman Saturday who allegedly left her 7-month-old baby alone in a car.
Police arrested Phankiem Saelee, 24, of Merced, around 5:30 p.m. after witnesses said they saw the baby in a 1984 Honda Accord, parked in a parking lot in the 1100 block of West Main Street.
Lt. Bimley West said witnesses contacted police after they heard the baby crying uncontrollably in the car. By the time officers Chris Cowings and Leon Pintabona arrived, the witnesses had already forced open one of the car's windows and removed the baby from the car, police said
More at link

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/167/story/261978.html

Thank goodness that bystanders acted and removed the child from the car. I swear if I see one person try to defend this woman's actions:mad::furious: they will get flamed!!!

oh people will defend saying how important it was for this over-worked, abused mother to go have some alone time...They will say this car, an 84 honda was safe since the doors were locked and then they will say the bystander is the CRIMINAL for breaking the window of the car, then they will say he or she is a kidnapper!!

People are crazy!!! They would defend Hitler if they thought Hitler had a crappy childhood.

I hope this mother gets some hardcore parenting classes followed up by some probation just in case she slips as a parent again.

Ahhhhh......Pixie - you are right. There are comments following the article that says she just forgot the child and she really is a very good parent. Yeah right! You don't leave a child in the car, EVER! EVER! EVER! You don't forget they are in the car. If you can't remember then don't take them, get a sitter!

Salem

Ahhhhh......Pixie - you are right. There are comments following the article that says she just forgot the child and she really is a very good parent. Yeah right! You don't leave a child in the car, EVER! EVER! EVER! You don't forget they are in the car. If you can't remember then don't take them, get a sitter!

Salem

What's the problem with this? I plan on leaving our son in the car unattended after he's born. He can't do much damage being strapped in his seat and I'll crack the window for fresh air.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Man I am so glad this baby is alright. I don't care how much of a good parent she is according to the comments at the link - forgetting your child in a car to me is bad parenting. Just because she is/was/might be otherwise a good parent does not erase this. If it wasn't for the bystanders getting involved this baby might have been dead. Heckuva lot of good her good parenting did him.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: people should have to have a licence to be allowed to procreate. :furious::furious::furious:

Actually, there are some who will say that the bystanders should not have gotten involved and should have minded their own business. Not been rats, narcs or snitches. Looked out for old #1 as it were. At least I've heard them say it before.
Hmmmm, ...... I would hope that people really don't feel that way.

Salem

Forgot the child!!! Dont' you think that sometime during that 30 minutes of shopping, she would have realized that ehr kid was in the car!! No excuse I am sorry that is not a parking lot you forget your kids in. (no parking lot is)..the homeless population pander around the cars out there to no end!! I am glad the baby was taken away from her! Hope her bargains at the store were worth it.

If I had not read the writings of people that feel that way with my own eyes I never would have believed it possible, either. But I have. And I do believe they were serious about their feelings on the matter. They really believe they are only responsible for their own selves, nobody else, and they are under no obligation to ever give a hand to another person.

I am not that way, and I know you are not, either.
Thanks , I appreciate that.

I will confess, however, I did lock my baby in the car once. Before cell phones. The telephone booth was about 8 parking spaces away from my car. It was a balmy 74 degree outside. I ran to the phone, called 911 and ran back to the car and just kept running around and around the car like that would magically unlock the doors.... but my son thought it was so funny and he had the best time watching me freak out. The police officers wanted to know how long the child had been in the car. I said... as long as you took to get here!

Very traumatizing for momma, 10 whole minutes of fun for my son.

Thanks , I appreciate that.

I will confess, however, I did lock my baby in the car once. Before cell phones. The telephone booth was about 8 parking spaces away from my car. It was a balmy 74 degree outside. I ran to the phone, called 911 and ran back to the car and just kept running around and around the car like that would magically unlock the doors.... but my son thought it was so funny and he had the best time watching me freak out. The police officers wanted to know how long the child had been in the car. I said... as long as you took to get here!

Very traumatizing for momma, 10 whole minutes of fun for my son.

MY dd lcoked the van door one day when she was a about 3, her little sister sleeping away in the carseat. I had started to get out to go around to take them out, my purse was sitting between the seats, I had thrown my keys in my purse. That little stinker thought that was the funniest thing to do.

:clap: Glad to see the bystanders took action and LE arrested her. She's not fit to be a mother, IMO.

MY dd lcoked the van door one day when she was a about 3, her little sister sleeping away in the carseat. I had started to get out to go around to take them out, my purse was sitting between the seats, I had thrown my keys in my purse. That little stinker thought that was the funniest thing to do.
And when they turn 19 (my son did yesterday) they wonder why their mommas are just a little insane.

Actually, there are some who will say that the bystanders should not have gotten involved and should have minded their own business. Not been rats, narcs or snitches. Looked out for old #1 as it were. At least I've heard them say it before.

oh how true!

I also seriously doubt she "accidently" left the baby in the car.

Well, I'm sure you see that what you did was totally different - it was unintentional, you realized it and took immediate steps to solve the problem. You didn't leave him there and go shopping!
Yeah, he turned out ok. Here we are at his graduation last summer.
P1010395AA-1.jpg

A few weeks ago my husband witnessed a man leave a small baby alone in his car in a WalMart parking lot. Hubby started after the man to say something, then noticed another person in the backseat. He went on about his shopping and returned to the car about 45 min. later. The car with the baby was still there, and when he looked closer at the person in the back seat he realized it was a child of about 5 years old. He was calling 911 when the man came out, got in the car and left.

911 told us to call Child Protective Services. Child Protective Services gave us the phone # of an investigator to call. We have left 3 messages for this person and they have never called us back.

So apparently cases like this are NOT a high priority....

A few weeks ago my husband witnessed a man leave a small baby alone in his car in a WalMart parking lot. Hubby started after the man to say something, then noticed another person in the backseat. He went on about his shopping and returned to the car about 45 min. later. The car with the baby was still there, and when he looked closer at the person in the back seat he realized it was a child of about 5 years old. He was calling 911 when the man came out, got in the car and left.

911 told us to call Child Protective Services. Child Protective Services gave us the phone # of an investigator to call. We have left 3 messages for this person and they have never called us back.

So apparently cases like this are NOT a high priority....

Nope, because they are just children. Luckily for the idiot, your hubby is a nice guy because had it been me or my husband that jerk would have never left the parking lot.
Once, when I was around 19, I saw a woman leave her 4 kids alone on a hot day in a black car while she went to eat at a Subway. She actually ate her food while those kids sat in a hot car in the parking lot. When someone called the police she was screaming that everyone was racist and trying to take her kids away. This was in Memphis. I often wonder what became of these kids.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back