953 users online (195 members and 758 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,119

    Angry Just plain irresponsible

    Police say woman left infant in locked car

    According to reports, the baby was alone in the vehicle for a half-hour.

    After calls from witnesses, Merced police arrested a woman Saturday who allegedly left her 7-month-old baby alone in a car.
    Police arrested Phankiem Saelee, 24, of Merced, around 5:30 p.m. after witnesses said they saw the baby in a 1984 Honda Accord, parked in a parking lot in the 1100 block of West Main Street.
    Lt. Bimley West said witnesses contacted police after they heard the baby crying uncontrollably in the car. By the time officers Chris Cowings and Leon Pintabona arrived, the witnesses had already forced open one of the car's windows and removed the baby from the car, police said
    More at link

    http://www.mercedsunstar.com/167/story/261978.html


    Thank goodness that bystanders acted and removed the child from the car. I swear if I see one person try to defend this woman's actions they will get flamed!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,740
    OMG, things like this make me so mad I see red. That poor sweet baby.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    She's just lucky it wasn't later in the summer when the temperatures really soar. Thanks goodness the bystanders had the wherewithal to act.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
    Police say woman left infant in locked car

    According to reports, the baby was alone in the vehicle for a half-hour.

    After calls from witnesses, Merced police arrested a woman Saturday who allegedly left her 7-month-old baby alone in a car.
    Police arrested Phankiem Saelee, 24, of Merced, around 5:30 p.m. after witnesses said they saw the baby in a 1984 Honda Accord, parked in a parking lot in the 1100 block of West Main Street.
    Lt. Bimley West said witnesses contacted police after they heard the baby crying uncontrollably in the car. By the time officers Chris Cowings and Leon Pintabona arrived, the witnesses had already forced open one of the car's windows and removed the baby from the car, police said
    More at link

    http://www.mercedsunstar.com/167/story/261978.html


    Thank goodness that bystanders acted and removed the child from the car. I swear if I see one person try to defend this woman's actions they will get flamed!!!

    oh people will defend saying how important it was for this over-worked, abused mother to go have some alone time...They will say this car, an 84 honda was safe since the doors were locked and then they will say the bystander is the CRIMINAL for breaking the window of the car, then they will say he or she is a kidnapper!!

    People are crazy!!! They would defend Hitler if they thought Hitler had a crappy childhood.

    I hope this mother gets some hardcore parenting classes followed up by some probation just in case she slips as a parent again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    Posts
    6,419
    Will people ever learn!!!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    Ahhhhh......Pixie - you are right. There are comments following the article that says she just forgot the child and she really is a very good parent. Yeah right! You don't leave a child in the car, EVER! EVER! EVER! You don't forget they are in the car. If you can't remember then don't take them, get a sitter!

    Salem

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Ahhhhh......Pixie - you are right. There are comments following the article that says she just forgot the child and she really is a very good parent. Yeah right! You don't leave a child in the car, EVER! EVER! EVER! You don't forget they are in the car. If you can't remember then don't take them, get a sitter!

    Salem
    What's the problem with this? I plan on leaving our son in the car unattended after he's born. He can't do much damage being strapped in his seat and I'll crack the window for fresh air.

    NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Man I am so glad this baby is alright. I don't care how much of a good parent she is according to the comments at the link - forgetting your child in a car to me is bad parenting. Just because she is/was/might be otherwise a good parent does not erase this. If it wasn't for the bystanders getting involved this baby might have been dead. Heckuva lot of good her good parenting did him.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,749
    I've said it before and i'll say it again: people should have to have a licence to be allowed to procreate.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Altered State of TropiCalifornia
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Actually, there are some who will say that the bystanders should not have gotten involved and should have minded their own business. Not been rats, narcs or snitches. Looked out for old #1 as it were. At least I've heard them say it before.
    Hmmmm, Adnoid ...... I would hope that people really don't feel that way.
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA






  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Ahhhhh......Pixie - you are right. There are comments following the article that says she just forgot the child and she really is a very good parent. Yeah right! You don't leave a child in the car, EVER! EVER! EVER! You don't forget they are in the car. If you can't remember then don't take them, get a sitter!

    Salem
    Forgot the child!!! Dont' you think that sometime during that 30 minutes of shopping, she would have realized that ehr kid was in the car!! No excuse I am sorry that is not a parking lot you forget your kids in. (no parking lot is)..the homeless population pander around the cars out there to no end!! I am glad the baby was taken away from her! Hope her bargains at the store were worth it.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Altered State of TropiCalifornia
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    If I had not read the writings of people that feel that way with my own eyes I never would have believed it possible, either. But I have. And I do believe they were serious about their feelings on the matter. They really believe they are only responsible for their own selves, nobody else, and they are under no obligation to ever give a hand to another person.

    I am not that way, and I know you are not, either.
    Thanks Adnoid, I appreciate that.

    I will confess, however, I did lock my baby in the car once. Before cell phones. The telephone booth was about 8 parking spaces away from my car. It was a balmy 74 degree outside. I ran to the phone, called 911 and ran back to the car and just kept running around and around the car like that would magically unlock the doors.... but my son thought it was so funny and he had the best time watching me freak out. The police officers wanted to know how long the child had been in the car. I said... as long as you took to get here!

    Very traumatizing for momma, 10 whole minutes of fun for my son.
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA






  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by L L & S View Post
    Thanks Adnoid, I appreciate that.

    I will confess, however, I did lock my baby in the car once. Before cell phones. The telephone booth was about 8 parking spaces away from my car. It was a balmy 74 degree outside. I ran to the phone, called 911 and ran back to the car and just kept running around and around the car like that would magically unlock the doors.... but my son thought it was so funny and he had the best time watching me freak out. The police officers wanted to know how long the child had been in the car. I said... as long as you took to get here!

    Very traumatizing for momma, 10 whole minutes of fun for my son.
    MY dd lcoked the van door one day when she was a about 3, her little sister sleeping away in the carseat. I had started to get out to go around to take them out, my purse was sitting between the seats, I had thrown my keys in my purse. That little stinker thought that was the funniest thing to do.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,338
    Glad to see the bystanders took action and LE arrested her. She's not fit to be a mother, IMO.
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Altered State of TropiCalifornia
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
    MY dd lcoked the van door one day when she was a about 3, her little sister sleeping away in the carseat. I had started to get out to go around to take them out, my purse was sitting between the seats, I had thrown my keys in my purse. That little stinker thought that was the funniest thing to do.
    And when they turn 19 (my son did yesterday) they wonder why their mommas are just a little insane.
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA






  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Actually, there are some who will say that the bystanders should not have gotten involved and should have minded their own business. Not been rats, narcs or snitches. Looked out for old #1 as it were. At least I've heard them say it before.

    oh how true!


    I also seriously doubt she "accidently" left the baby in the car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
  2. Irresponsible Parenting...
    By kk's mom in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 08:49 PM