1543 users online (253 members and 1290 guests)  

Websleuths News

The dangers of tombstoning

Steven Andrews was crippled after the 'tombstoning' accident and wishes he had died.

Coastguards and emergency services have issued frequent warnings about tombstoning, in which participants jump into water from cliffs, walls and piers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Alcohol was a major accelerant to his behaviour. i suppose we've all done silly things when young. i hope this craze will ebb away, but the summer is only just beginning.

I know people who cliff dive to this day. One woman (38yo) was drinking and jumped off the cliffs and collapsed her lungs. She was lifeflighted to the hospital. She recovered, but vowed to never jump again. DUH!!!

I know another man who dove off a cliff and into a shelf underneath the water. He did not survive after being paralyzed and spending months in the hospital.

I might have been young once...but stupid wasn't my middle name! You couldn't pay me enough money to jump or dive off a cliff! I leave that stuff to the professionals.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

There's some cliffs around me and you can hear the "Stupid people" diving into the water. The water is deep but huge rocks are just scattered around and some people have died yet they keep doing it..

If they die, it is their own fault for not reading the HUGE RED SIGN that says "No jumping or diving".

Oh did I mention this lake has Leeches?? HUGE black ones.