1219 users online (243 members and 976 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ironies... (?)

..Patsy says she had a panic attack over seeing a house similar to the one they had in Boulder..yet they meet Smit in front of their old home in Boulder (where JB was actually killed,of course),and,after having been parked right across the St.,have a little prayer meeting with him in a van right in front of the house..and...no panic attack ever ensued in Patsy after seeing the actual home again.Never mind they were parked right in front of it!

..JB ate pineapple within 2 hours of her death.A bowl of pineapple matching what was found in JB was found on the kitchen table.
    Patsy has pineapple wallpaper in her kitchen in their home in Atlanta.

..Patsy says they do not want a house with a basement in it,since JB was killed in the basement of their old home.
    They buy a house with a basement in it.

..and finally....JB was found with a garrote made with a paintbrush handle belonging to Patsy around her neck.
    Patsy has a painting studio put in her Atlanta home and continues to paint.

..anything else?I'm sure there's more.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

..same scenario in new home,basement,pineapple in kitchen,paintbrushes...subconcious confessions? I doubt there were ever any panic attacks at seeing a house similar,if Patsy could live like that so easily !
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778 View Post
    ..same scenario in new home,basement,pineapple in kitchen,paintbrushes...subconcious confessions? I doubt there were ever any panic attacks at seeing a house similar,if Patsy could live like that so easily !
    If not confessions- then an almost obscene example of her utter and complete eradication of her daughter's horrible death. She had the luxury of erasing the memory of a murdered daughter, stiff and discolored, left under her Christmas Tree in a grotesque blasphemy of the holiday- and simply (to paraphrase BR) "moved on with her life". And in its place she had created a shrine to "America's Princess"- the little murdered beauty queen, eternally lovely- who will never grow old, ugly or do anything her mother doesn't want her to do. She remains forever the perfect daughter. No teenage pregnancy/drug use/drinking/boyfriends/pimples and weight gain for THIS little beauty queen.
    The pineapple wallpaper, basement, etc- didn't cause her pain because she had convinced herself that she was not responsible for her daughter's death.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

well-said,Deedee!
    something to ponder:

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    If not confessions- then an almost obscene example of her utter and complete eradication of her daughter's horrible death. She had the luxury of erasing the memory of a murdered daughter,
    when you said that,it struck me...now I understand why she painted..she literally,and also figuratively speaking,painted away those memories,and created a new life,painting being a symbolic gesture,I suppose.
    The makeup (ie,a form of paint in this case) JB wore at her funeral to hide the discolorations was a comfort to her,as her comment 'see,she looks perfect' suggests.
    There was nothing that couldn't be fixed in her world with bit of cover up.

stiff and discolored, left under her Christmas Tree in a grotesque blasphemy of the holiday- and simply (to paraphrase BR) "moved on with her life". And in its place she had created a shrine to "America's Princess"- the little murdered beauty queen, eternally lovely- who will never grow old, ugly or do anything her mother doesn't want her to do. She remains forever the perfect daughter. No teenage pregnancy/drug use/drinking/boyfriends/pimples and weight gain for THIS little beauty queen.
    exactly.she was immortalized forever.

The pineapple wallpaper, basement, etc- didn't cause her pain because she had convinced herself that she was not responsible for her daughter's death.
    yes,and JB was in a better place,as far as she was concerned,and would always be remembered as a beauty queen here on earth.
    something to ponder:

Death of Innocence

You want Ironies?
    An entire chapter in the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence," deals with how to protect your children. Chapter 34 - look it up.
    Patsy and John Ramsey would be the last people I would look to for advice on how to protect a child.
    JMO
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
    You want Ironies?
    An entire chapter in the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence," deals with how to protect your children. Chapter 34 - look it up.
    Patsy and John Ramsey would be the last people I would look to for advice on how to protect a child.
    JMO
    I know,that whole book makes me sick.If the R's aren't whining,then they're making up excuses or telling lies throughout the entire thing.It's just me me me,one page after another.Oh,except when they're bragging about their possessions.My husb. works on airplanes.I read that part to him about JR bragging about his plane being the only one in the world like it.He just laughed.
    But good point,and I also recall JR saying he's read the book 'When Bad Things Happen to Good People',as if it applied to he and Patsy.LOL.In that case, the title should have been 'When bad ppl make bad things happen to themselves, and then try to cover it up'.
    A much more appropriate title.
    something to ponder:

If not confessions- then an almost obscene example of her utter and complete eradication of her daughter's horrible death. She had the luxury of erasing the memory of a murdered daughter, stiff and discolored, left under her Christmas Tree in a grotesque blasphemy of the holiday- and simply (to paraphrase BR) "moved on with her life". And in its place she had created a shrine to "America's Princess"- the little murdered beauty queen, eternally lovely- who will never grow old, ugly or do anything her mother doesn't want her to do. She remains forever the perfect daughter. No teenage pregnancy/drug use/drinking/boyfriends/pimples and weight gain for THIS little beauty queen.
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

Didn't he read that book 'When Bad Things Happen to Good People' when Beth had her car accident?
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

Very well said, DeeDee!

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Thank you. It pretty much sums up PR's attitude and behavior.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

I don't know if this is off subject or not, but seeing the post about Patsy's house in Atlanta reminded me of something I read.
    I can't remember where I read it or if it was true but it was something to the affect of: Some years after JonBenet's death, a woman was walking down the street and Patsy saw her and invited her into her home and the first thing Patsy did was went straight up to JonBenet's room to show off and brag to the woman about JonBenet's trophies and pageants gowns.
    Can someone confirm this? Did this really happen?
    Aunt Pam: JonBenet why don't you put your shoes on? JonBenet: Because I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    Didn't he read that book 'When Bad Things Happen to Good People' when Beth had her car accident?
    possibly;I don't have my book on me but,IMO,since he wrote in DOI that he'd read it,he seems to be using it to infer that he and Patsy were 'good people'.
    He goes on to say the only thing he would add to that is that bad things happen to all people.(no kiddin').
    Perhaps he did read after her death to try and make sense of it though.
    something to ponder:

If by "irony" you mean jabbing your thumb in our collective eye!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

part of the collective...oh yes...we are all borg,yanno! lol.

(most of us anyway).
    something to ponder:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast