Kid Rock helps out boy scouts after camping equipment stolen

Autumn2004

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/seminole/orl-scouts1308may13,0,1542100.story

Troop leaders discovered last week that someone had taken a $5,600 trailer parked behind Tuskawilla Presbyterian Church. The troop had bought the trailer in March after seven years of fundraising.

Also stolen was $4,000 in camping gear stored in the trailer. The heist jeopardized a summer camping trip to Tennessee

I will cut them a check for the difference and hopefully will allow the boys to make their trip," Kid Rock wrote in an e-mail.

Others chipped in with smaller donations and offers to lend or donate used tents and trailers to help the cause, said Tom Daly, the church's liaison to the troop.

"Nothing short of miraculous," Daly, 53, said of the response. "People's hearts were in the right place. The boys won't be denied their trip."

Still, Scouts aren't keen on handouts. Already the troop is hatching community-service projects to rake leaves and spread mulch as a way to repay strangers' kindness.

"A Scout earns his way," said Bill Stott, 43, Troop 631 Scoutmaster. "The community is giving to us, so we want to give back to the community."

I have always liked Kid Rock, and this is one of the reasons why.

I have always liked Kid Rock, and this is one of the reasons why.

Same here.

I am glad Kid Rock and the community donated money and items to help get these young men replacement things, who worked hard to get that trailer and camping equipment.

:clap::clap:

That's MY Bad Boy!!! :woohoo:

From one week ago today........

He is very nice. I havent met him personally but friends of my husband has as they own a concert hall and he stopped by when a friend of his was one of the bands playing that night.

I love Kid ROck, listening to him as I write this!
He seems like a regular guy.

Underneath all that BAD BOY image is a father.... one that will do anything for a kid.
I love this guy.... now why can't I find a guy like that? ummm I know all the BAD boys I know really are bad...LOL

I have always loved Kid Rock, I think he has a heart of Gold.

Awesome! The last time this place had a thread about Bobby, he was tore a new one.......so :clap: to those with me that Get Rocked!

I'll rock with Bobby anytime....

Hah - I just did! I will send you the pictures tonight! I am soooooo loving his new song and the video looks like it could have been filmed on one of my weekend River rides!

I heard him do it on letterman .... I was ready to go to a concert right there.

I love Kid Rock too!!!! That is awesome to read!

First class Kid ..... you saved ... and made .... the day for a lot of youngsters.

Peace

Awesome thing for him to do. I've heard people say he's very down to earth. Now that he's got rid of Pamela Anderson, I'm starting to believe them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back