Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg omg omg I am 99.9% sure I have found the REAL Lindsey on myspace. age 27 ....Put on your thinking caps for the right approach and who is gonna contact her? She says she has a major in Crimial Justice and a minor in pyscology. also this is a quote from her page

"I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason"

she says life havs thrown her some curves but her life is good......

I pretty sure this is THE ONE

ok i am editing this because now im not as sure as I was that this is HER....

because I am not finding the baby name I had found at one time....

BUT if its NOT her I did find a Possible sister in law on there

I pm'd the info to Vashley so maybe she can start working on it

The profile you provided me with has a different last name than DeJong, but that could be because she is married, however her status reads "single". I don't know why she wouldn't put "married" if she put "proud parent".

Anyway, this could be the right one. It seems very possible because it sort of fits better than the other girl. Interesting she majored in Criminal Justice. Perhaps she will be willing to help us anyway!

Good sleuthing.

Since LDJ was never charged with anything, she could still face criminal charges. I don't think it would be in her best interest to discuss her involvement in this tragedy. I think LE realizes that this is a dead end and that is why the message from the ME is always the same. I'd like to get a copy of the grand jury testimony. I think that would provide the answers to the questions we have been asking.

Since LDJ was never charged with anything, she could still face criminal charges. I don't think it would be in her best interest to discuss her involvement in this tragedy. I think LE realizes that this is a dead end and that is why the message from the ME is always the same. I'd like to get a copy of the grand jury testimony. I think that would provide the answers to the questions we have been asking.

We really don't need her to discuss the "tradegy" - just any distinguishing characteristics of our little MJD. I feel it's so important to make sure she understands we're not investigating a crime but just trying to find out where this little girl belongs..

I already looked at this girl's myspace I sent her a message she told me she had already been asked and she said no she isn't the person we are looking for. Somebody else got to her before we did. I am still not so sure it's not the right one. When and if we find Lindsey she will not say anything because she won't want to incriminate herself. There is no statue of limitations on a murder/homicide and maybe she is afraid of the driver coming after her. If this girl knows anything I wish she could tell us some how. We just want to know who this girl is that was pushed or fell out of the car. Lindsey if you are reading this use a public library's computer and send one of us a message. There will no way your message could be tracked back to you. Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!

I already looked at this girl's myspace I sent her a message she told me she had already been asked and she said no she isn't the person we are looking for. Somebody else got to her before we did. I am still not so sure it's not the right one. When and if we find Lindsey she will not say anything because she won't want to incriminate herself. There is no statue of limitations on a murder/homicide and maybe she is afraid of the driver coming after her. If this girl knows anything I wish she could tell us some how. We just want to know who this girl is that was pushed or fell out of the car. Lindsey if you are reading this use a public library's computer and send one of us a message. There will no way your message could be tracked back to you. Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you TL. If the right LDJ has been located by our sleuthers here and will not acknowledge or respond, I feel it was a murder that occurred that day. Otherwise, what does she have to lose? If that is the case and we receive no response, I don't know where else to turn. Any ideas???

Thank you TL. If the right LDJ has been located by our sleuthers here and will not acknowledge or respond, I feel it was a murder that occurred that day. Otherwise, what does she have to lose? If that is the case and we receive no response, I don't know where else to turn. Any ideas???

Exactly. What does she have to lose?

I'm not sure who the right LDJ is. All I know is that the number of Lindsay DeJong's on myspace or facebook are very limited. There aren't many people listed under that name!

Perhaps the Lindsay we are trying to find doesn't have a myspace or a facebook. I wish there was just some way, some how to be 100% sure we had the right girl. I would do anything, as I believe everyone here would, to talk to her about our MJD for just a moment. Any way she wanted, whether it be facebook, myspace, AIM, yahoo, the telephone. Anything.

But she also needs to know that we aren't trying to solve a crime here! (as was stated by Fairy1 before). I think I would react distantly if someone seemed like they were trying to convict me of something. And that's the thing about the Internet, it's hard to detect "emotion" through typing . I am not saying anyone's efforts are/would be misunderstood, but we still don't know how she perceives it (if it even is her).

Depending on her lifestyle, she may not even use the Internet at all. Maybe she doesn't have a computer, or maybe she only uses it to check her email or something. We just don't know.

As for new ideas, I feel as though we've reached a dead end, as much as I hate to say that. :(

Putting her face and story out there is really all I can think of. Would having security clearance make it any easier for me to obtain a PR? Is it even worth getting the PR? It would, at the very least, mention other witnesses, right?

Remember tho the way I found THIS Lindsey was through a possible relative a Girl married to a possible brother for Lindsey.

Look here for Lindsey Dejong and the 2nd one down a Jason Dejong. I started looking into him age listed as 29. I found who he is married to and I found HER on Myspace and SHE had THAT LINDSEY on her friends....

SO maybe the next step is to contact HER and ask about Lindsey and covey to her we just want to know about looks accents etc etc we dont care about investigating HER or anything of that Nature we just want to know about her clothes mannerisisms etc etc

Remember tho the way I found THIS Lindsey was through a possible relative a Girl married to a possible brother for Lindsey.

Look here for Lindsey Dejong and the 2nd one down a Jason Dejong. I started looking into him age listed as 29. I found who he is married to and I found HER on Myspace and SHE had THAT LINDSEY on her friends....

SO maybe the next step is to contact HER and ask about Lindsey and covey to her we just want to know about looks accents etc etc we dont care about investigating HER or anything of that Nature we just want to know about her clothes mannerisisms etc etc

Thank you, phenol.

Blaaaaahhh..:eek:

How about I just make MJD a Myspace with pictures and information and friend request all of the Lindsey's/Lindsay's on the west?!

MJD_ID_TawniLee.jpg

Anyone considered Therese Vanderheiden as a possibility?

http://tinyurl.com/63kmwl

Or Kelly Yates?

http://tinyurl.com/6zr6fw

She was abducted as a baby by a non-custodial parent. The approximate birth year/description fits. One of my theories about why no one claimed MJD is that she was abducted by a non-custodial parent as a young child--the parent probably wouldn't want to risk coming forward even if they knew.

MJD has naturally brown hair. It was dyed blonde. Therese has blonde hair.

Was it ever verified that she had naturally brown hair that was dyed blonde? :waitasec:

I guess it would make sense since her roots were growing out. I wonder if she got her hair/eyebrows done at the same salon. I know we went through all of this before, but I am going to find my Phoenix metro phonebook and check out some salons around the area to see if anyone may recognize her from back then, in case it was routine for her to get her hair/eyebrows done.

I hope they keep records from back then. Maybe I can find some names for people who were recorded in their log from around the time she was found, maybe a few weeks to a few days prior to the time she was found. Maybe ask if a young girl suddenly stopped business there. Highly doubtful they will be able to pull anything up from 9 1/2 years ago, but I guess it's worth a shot.

I guess I would start by asking how long their business has been around. It seems that there should be some kind of business law to keep records for this kind of thing. If not, they should consider it!

It may seem like a needle in a haystack, but that's how cases are solved Vashley88. LE doesn't have time to do this sort of thing. I think it's a good idea, maybe tedious, but a good idea, IMO, FWIW.

If you could get emails of the ones that were open during this time period you could email them pics/case info...just maybe someone will recognize her. (her eyebrows do seem like she kept them up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10