998 users online (146 members and 852 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889

    This too shall pass

    CLEARWATER, Fla. - A woman pleaded guilty to swallowing a 1.5 carat diamond ring at a jewelry store and will serve one year of probation.

    Mary Denise Flowers, 38, swallowed the ring at Littman Jewelers in December. A surveillance camera caught the act.

    The ring was later recovered in a jailhouse commode, and will be sent to Littman Jewelers' corporate headquarters in Oregon to be melted down.

    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...ws/8367009.htm

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    santa cruz, california
    Posts
    2,085
    man she's lucky. i'm only used to sh#tting bricks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889
    Quote Originally Posted by lex
    man she's lucky. i'm only used to sh#tting bricks!
    Thanx for sharing

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    886
    That can't be good for your digestive tract. I would think it might slice you to ribbons.

  5. #5
    Reminds me of my son. We must have told him a thousand times not to put anything that wasn't food in his mouth. His sister had a magnetic marble set, which was normally kept up out of his reach, but a friend came over and didn't know the "put it away, NOW" rule. My son snuck two of the marbles( little less than 1/2 inch) into his mouth, and accidentally swallowed one. He was devastated! He was sure he'd never swallow something he didn't want to, but you know how marbles are. He cried for an hour, sure he'd ruined her marble set ("It's going to come out as Poopie!!!!!"). It did come out two days later, and he has never put anything that wasn't food in his mouth since.

    He also listens a little better when we tell him not to do things ("Remember the marble?")
    Just the facts, Ma'am.