Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
This is amazing.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/email_article.aspx?storyid=89619
Cleveland medical school students will go tuition-free
Created: 5/15/2008 1:31:34 PM
Updated:5/15/2008 1:32:05 PM

CLEVELAND -- The 32 students entering the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University will study tuition-free.
The research hospital announced plans Thursday to pay the $43,500 tuition bill for future students beginning with the class entering in July. Other scholarship aid will be given to current
students.
(more at link)

Link to the Med School if you are interested:
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/cclcm/

I wonder if DD can skip middle and high school and start there? :eek: Cool LOL. Do you think 9 would be too young?

Hey, start talking to her now about it. Hopefully they still have that program running by the time she's old enough!

I was looking at the site and they have a very limited amount of students accepted. IIRC, it was like 35! :eek: Must be tough getting in.

This is excellent — and RIGHT!

the above is my opinion which i may change at any given moment. :)

We certainly need more doctors. With all the problems with malpractice insurance and lawsuits, I can see why something like this is needed to get more people back into the field.

I think this is great, what an opportunity for those who's finances are limited.

If were putting doctors through med school for free....we should put lawyers through law school for free :) and every other profession. Why just med students?

eh good points.

but - what about teachers? everyone needs teachers...lets put them through school for free...and dentists...and nurses...and vets...and psychologists...

I wish that I could get some free tuition for Nursing school! I'm working my butt off to get through it, and it's tough. But good for this school for helping out these students. Hopefully other schools will follow suit. :clap:

eh good points.

but - what about teachers? everyone needs teachers...lets put them through school for free...and dentists...and nurses...and vets...and psychologists...
I have always thought teachers are the MOST underpaid folks around-- period the end- I dont have a college education, but I make much more than most teachers= not right :mad:
THere use to be a commercial about a child wanting to be a teacher and the parents were no, you want to be a doctor, lawyer, etc
and the childs response was something to the effect of
But who teaches them ?

Teachers are extremely underpaid! They have ALOT to do with career paths of some students....

& plus where is there a shortage of doctors?? the town i live in has a million...i couldnt imagine how many doctors are in LA..new york...chicago...

Teachers are extremely underpaid! They have ALOT to do with career paths of some students....

& plus where is there a shortage of doctors?? the town i live in has a million...i couldnt imagine how many doctors are in LA..new york...chicago...

But the population is not centered in those towns as the US is quite large. The rural communities as well as other large cities don't have enough doctors. I agree teachers are underpaid but so are a lot of doctors whose education costs go way beyond the normal reaches of education. Plus, the matter of life and death and being skilled to approach these aspects far differentiate itself from other occupations.

Doctors make mistakes all the time so I am not going there but by and large they represent the best that we have. Especially the doctors who give up paid practices and do research when there is no guarantee that they will ever be paid for their research.

It is about dedication and the dedication that it takes to be a doctor. How many people would give up 24 years at the least for an education? Not many as most are willing to receive instant gratification.

Because there's a shortage of doctors, not lawyers. :)

There's a shortage of doctors because the freaking lawyers are busy suing the doctors!!!

I agree, free schooling for teachers, nurses and doctors. Yeah. And anyone else that wants a degree except for lawyers. lol (Sorry, KC! :D )

Can someone PM me when they start letting speech pathologists go to school for free? TIA.:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back