824 users online (144 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shania Twain and Husband Split

Shania Twain and her husband, producer Robert "Mutt" Lange, have split, her rep confirms to PEOPLE.

"Shania Twain and her husband, music producer Robert 'Mutt' Lange, are separating after 14 years of marriage," spokesman Jason Owen says in a statement. "This is a private matter and there will be no further comment at this time."

Twain, 42, and Lange, 59, married in 1993, just six months after meeting. They are parents to a 6-year-old son, Eja D'Angelo.

More at link.

This makes me so sad. I really, really thought that this oh so private couple would make it. I'm a huge fan of Shania, and Mutt Lange is a genius, in my opinion.

wow that is shocking! I was thinking about her the other day....you never hear anything about her....She hasnt made any music in forever!

The only thing that surprises me is that they've waited this long to divorce. During one of her interviews years ago, she said her husband didn't like to travel and didn't like to be in the limelight.
    That, imo, would make it hard to stay married to a singing star.

She always seems to be so upbeat & together. I bet when all is said & done it was him who held her back. Don't know why I think that?

I think the same thing cheko.

Well, more to write songs about I guess. I thought they would make it.

I had heard a long time ago that Mutt is very introverted and reclusive. I had likened their marriage to Mariah and Matolla, and Celine and her hubby. It is always sad when a relationship ends. But, Shania had the opportunity given to her she could never get before when she hooked up with Mutt. Oh, hey, just remembered that Reba was married to her manager/producer at some time.
    Tammie in Miami

Vini, Vidi, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

I knew it would only be a matter of time before they got a divorce. Now Shania can get back to her old self..

Dolly Parton and her husband are the same way and it works for them. I never liked Shania or her songs because I thought they all sounded the same. Then I read somewhere or heard that she and her husband wrote all of her songs. She never sang anyones songs but the ones they wrote together. That's why they all sounded the same. I wonder what she's going to do now that she's lost her songwriting partner? Is she good enough to do it on her own or do you think they will still work together even though they aren't married. All that being said I think it's sad anytime a long time marraige breaks up, no matter who it is. I hope she does ok.

That's a shame. I think she wanted to take some time off after she had their little boy but I haven't seen anything of her in a long time. I do wonder what she will do now. I hope she starts making music again and gets back out there. Maybe her music will be different if they aren't writing together. I thought a lot of her songs sounded alike too but love her voice.

What a shame I just love her. I hope all ends up well with her and her little boy.

She is one person I have never cared for. I also think all her songs sound the same, like some little rhyming ditty. (The songs she did prior to joining forces with Mutt) No depth to them at all.
    In my opinion if she is no longer having Mutt write her songs, she is no longer having songs to sing. He seemed to be the master mind in her creative career.

Some of my friends in the music industry said they Mutt and Shania have been working on her new cd for over 2 years, and at one point, she went behind his back and had talks with a new producer. Mutt had no idea she was doing this and felt extremely betrayed. It is my understanding that he couldn't get past it and the marriage was basically over.

Not a big fan of her music, but she sure is PRETTY... Sad their marriage is breaking up though.. 14 years is a long time.. She will probably have a man in her arms in no time..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    Some of my friends in the music industry said they Mutt and Shania have been working on her new cd for over 2 years, and at one point, she went behind his back and had talks with a new producer. Mutt had no idea she was doing this and felt extremely betrayed. It is my understanding that he couldn't get past it and the marriage was basically over.
    Well, that's interesting. Thanks Masterj!
    I've always thought her voice sounded whiney. Of course, I'm not a great singer either.
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast