941 users online (117 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    Does anyone know if the remains have been identified? I know it probably takes longer than a few days. I've been following this thread on Kyle since the beginning and would like to see some type of closure for his family.
    Per the link below, it sounds like it might take as long as months to identify the remains:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stori...d.36be83f.html

The remains haven't been identified, but today's Charlotte Observer says the remains are estimated between one and five years old and likely are from a Caucasian man between 18 and 30, according to police. They're treating it as a homicide.

Several commenters on the website have suggested that it might be Kyle. I can't think of any other missing people in the area that might fit that description, except maybe Travis Baker from Claremont. Claremont isn't terribly close by, but considering the remains were found near the airport, I guess it's plausible.

Thank you Hucklepie. It sounds more and more like this could be Kyle. As much as I wanted him to be found I can't help but feel a little sick and sad that it might really be him.

Saying extra prayers for his family.

It isn't Kyle. Still praying for a resolution. . . .
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/....1fefb691.html

Segment:
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Police say human remains found near a construction site in southwest Charlotte belong to a murder victim, but not Kyle Fleischmann.

On Tuesday, the medical examiner released a description of the victim that matches the Fleischmann case almost perfectly. Investigators looked at the possibility this week, but we're told that police are absolutely positive the remains found last week are not those of Fleischmann.

I don't know whether that's a relief or if that just makes it worse. Like lizzybeth said, I wanted it to be him for closure for his family, but at the same time you hate to wish that kind of thing on anyone.

The WCNC article said they have about 30 cases that match that description - hard to believe there are THAT many local missing people that haven't been publicized at all. I wonder how they ruled out Kyle so quickly?

I'll be uptown near Kyle's favorite haunts tomorrow night. I never go out there anymore without thinking about him.

Hucklepie, before I knew that it wasn't Kyle I was wondering how they would identify him. I would think that Kyle's parents have given LE his dental records just in case. The remains that were found probably still had teeth so they may have compared them to Kyle's dental records. That would be a quick way to eliminate him and others.

A body found recently in Charlotte has been ruled out as being Kyle. The wait continues. . . .

http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles...etermined.html

Kyle Fleischmann case again on America's Most Wanted

For a second time, America's Most Wanted will feature the mysterious disappearance of 25-year-old Kyle Fleischmann and ask the country for tips to his whereabouts.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Det. Johnnie Tuttle plans to travel to Washington D.C. for the show, which airs on Saturday at 9 p.m. He and others will be manning tip lines if anyone calls in after watching the episode. Fleischmann also was featured on a Dec. 1, 2007, episode.

The Elon University graduate was last seen near the Buckhead Saloon in uptown on Friday, Nov. 9, 2007.

According to police, Fleischmann was there with a group of friends. They left between 11 p.m. Thursday and 1 a.m. Friday, but Fleischmann stayed.

He called his sister, Noelle, but hung up without leaving a message at about 2:20 a.m. He made more calls around 3 a.m., but no one answered. Cell phone signals indicate he was still in the uptown area.

Fleischmann was discovered after he failed to show up for work Nov. 9.

Though there are thousands of missing persons reported each year, far fewer disappear and are not heard from, police say. Fleischmann's case has garnered the spotlight because of an intense and public search mounted by family and friends.

Since his disappearance, supporters started the Kyle FleischmannFoundation, which focuses on missing adults. The foundation has held a golf tournament, banquet and candlelight vigil.

Anyone with information about Fleischmann can call CMPD detectives at 704-432-TIPS or Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/503886.html

Bumping for Kyle tonight. I just watched the story on AMW again. My prayers are with his family.

Just on our local news.........bringing in cadaver dogs to an area in uptown Charlotte. It is at 16th and Davidson. Construction site. Got a warrant to search the area.

Please god lead these men to Kyle.

a friends husband is one of the people with equipment to search underneath the concrete. I am praying for the Fleischmann family today
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

I feel like crying. I so want Kyle to be found. God be with his family.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast