1222 users online (241 members and 981 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thanks christine!!

I hope the weather is starting to get calmer and the rains have stopped. Does anyone know??

I wonder who has actually seen the aerial pics that were taken that show an object in the water??

vermont3, hopefully you will be rejoining us soon and give us some updates. YOU TOO DARK SHADOWS!!!!

Red face

Dear Littledeer,
    It rained this morning for a little bit. To your question about the Ariel photo's no one has seen them, Chief Hanley won't let anyone see them at all.
    Sorry about leaving with out telling anyone, but I needed a couple of days.

aw honey, no need to apologize for needing time off.

Are the waters low enough yet to do another search??

What is Chief Hanley afraid of if anyone see those pictures?? Wonder what they actually show???????????

You take care of yourself and give DS our love.

Is Natalie still there on campus?

Found this on the middlebury campus website.

Doug Sisson

posted 5/02/07 @ 2:34 PM EST

Liebenomics? [What the newspaper censored]

Administration's hard-line approach to homophobic hate-crimes has begun a passive-aggressive arms race between Middlebury's GLBTQ and athletic communities. The phrase "Stop admitting athletes" terrorized the library's peaceful display to end hate-speech before being removed late last week. Can Middlebury College win the War on Terror or will Liebenomics prevail?

-Douglas R. Sisson

here is the link as there are other comments about this. One of which is anti Athletic graffiti found in the libray in may of 2007.
    http://www.middleburycampus.com/home...e-30cadbc66009

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    aw honey, no need to apologize for needing time off.

Are the waters low enough yet to do another search??

What is Chief Hanley afraid of if anyone see those pictures?? Wonder what they actually show???????????

You take care of yourself and give DS our love.

Is Natalie still there on campus?
    I am not sure what the waters look like right now. As I am miles away, the drive we took there was over an hour away.

I am not sure what he is afraid of all I know from what I have heard that he wont show anyone, but in the burlington free press he stated for all they know it could be a piece of lawn furniture (the object in the water).

On the link that I posted about the vermont public radio it says that they were all over it from the start, but says that in the burlington free press. Along with officer Boe, saying that if they knew it was Nick they wouldnt be having the conversation.

Yes Natalie is still on campus. She will not leave till she finds her son. None of us want her to leave. As to the post that I just put up remember that Nick was an athlete in N.M. (Hockey Player) he went to middlebury on a scholarship.

I just read all of the article and the posts.

But, I am a little confused. Was the graffitti againt athletics who were gay or just athelics in general?

Or was it against all gay people?

Also, vermont3, how does this pertain to Nick?? Did this homophobic attitude extend to students from other cultures?

Here is another link from the campus website,

that talks about Diversity: The Value of Discomfort

http://www.middlebury.edu/about/pres...reate_2007.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    I just read all of the article and the posts.

But, I am a little confused. Was the graffitti againt athletics who were gay or just athelics in general?

Or was it against all gay people?

Also, vermont3, how does this pertain to Nick?? Did this homophobic attitude extend to students from other cultures?
    Dear Littledeer,
    This was directed against Gay's and Athletes. Not Gay Athletes. My post #8 is about the diversity in the college. As proven by the graffiti many students were opposed to the gay's and the Athletes and especially ones from international and out of state. If you read the speech you will know exactly what I am saying.

For ones that do not know on post #8 once you get to the link please highlight the wording by clicking the edit button at the top of your screen and by clicking select all you can read it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by vermontn03 View Post
    As to the post that I just put up remember that Nick was an athlete in N.M. (Hockey Player) he went to middlebury on a scholarship.
    I wonder how many of the other victims, if any have received athletic scholarships...

I'm new but wanted to say thanks for all of the links to info that you provide

http://www.middlebury.edu/athletics/...7-2008/roster/

Nick isn't listed on the roster of Middlebury Men's Hockey...if he was given a hockey scholarship, wouldn't he be listed on the team (I don't think they would have removed his name). There's been no mention of him playing hockey or hanging out with the hockey team, which is usually a very tight knit group.

could it be he went there and didn't make the team (NE hockey is extremely competitive), possible another source of his unhappiness (if in fact he was). If he was used to playing hockey and being around that environment, this could have been difficult for him.

Middlebury plays Division III hockey and has won many national titles over the years. They are part of NESCAC and are not allowed to offer scholarships to hockey recruits. Many great hockey players have not come to Middlebury because they could not pass the school's high academic standards. It is very tough to get into Middlebury and academics are highly stressed in all of their athletic programs.

what I was trying to clear up was whether he was on an athletic scholarship...some posts here seemed to imply that. So, I take that to mean that the scholarship he received was academic not athletic. Still, I wonder if Nick had hopes of making the team and being part of all that. This happened to my brother when he went to Michigan Tech, which is also in the same Division. He thought he might make the team and didn't even come close because of the level of players that go there.

It could have had an impact on him if he was used to being with the jocks, then having to adjust to fitting in in some other way.

Yesterday's issue of the Addison Independent , the Middlebury local paper, states in the Middlebury Police Log that graffiti of a smiley face was found in a dumpster located by Mr. Ups in Middlebury. Mr. Ups is located on Bakery Lane right next to the Otter Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by vtgirl View Post
    Yesterday's issue of the Addison Independent , the Middlebury local paper, states in the Middlebury Police Log that graffiti of a smiley face was found in a dumpster located by Mr. Ups in Middlebury. Mr. Ups is located on Bakery Lane right next to the Otter Creek.
    Link Please?

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast