680 users online (81 members and 599 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ellen DeGeneres getting married

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356255,00.html

LOS ANGELES — Ellen DeGeneres is putting the California Supreme Court ruling in favor of gay marriage into action -- she and Portia de Rossi plan to wed, DeGeneres announced during a taping of her talk show.

The show is set to air today (Friday May 16th). My biggest shock in this was that I did not know Ellen is *50*. I thought she was around my age (late 30's).

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356255,00.html

LOS ANGELES — Ellen DeGeneres is putting the California Supreme Court ruling in favor of gay marriage into action -- she and Portia de Rossi plan to wed, DeGeneres announced during a taping of her talk show.

The show is set to air today (Friday May 16th). My biggest shock in this was that I did not know Ellen is *50*. I thought she was around my age (late 30's).
    Janet, do you know the jist of the Ca. ruling? I knew Ellen was 50 because she's my age! I like Ellen.

Eve

I'm happy for her, but think its a bit tacky doing it on her show.

Well congrats to them, I hope they have happiness and joy together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    I'm happy for her, but think its a bit tacky doing it on her show.
    So far, I think she's just made the 'announcement' that they're getting married on her show.
    She could have her wedding on the show, I guess, but I hope she doesn't. I agree that would be tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    So far, I think she's just made the 'announcement' that they're getting married on her show.
    She could have her wedding on the show, I guess, but I hope she doesn't. I agree that would be tacky.
    Ahhhhh. I think you're right! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    Janet, do you know the jist of the Ca. ruling? I knew Ellen was 50 because she's my age! I like Ellen.

Eve
    Here's an article about it: http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008May...rriage,00.html

I think Ellen is hilarious. Remember she had that bookstore in her sitcom... it was called 'Buy the Book'. But a few letters fell off the sign outside, and people came in wondering what a store called 'uy the ook' would carry. I still crack up over that (but I think you 'had to be there' to fully appreciate it, LOL). I know, I am easily amused.

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    Yeah that's what it said. They taped the show yesterday and in it she announced she and Portia will be getting married. The show with this wedding announcement will air today.

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    Yeah that's what it said. They taped the show yesterday and in it she announced she and Portia will be getting married. The show with this wedding announcement will air today.
    Do they have children? Can't remember. I'm traditional, but then again, not so much, if that makes sense! Gay or straight, when there are children, I appreciate an offical commitment/sacrament for the sake of "family."

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    Do they have children? Can't remember. I'm traditional, but then again, not so much, if that makes sense! Gay or straight, when there are children, I appreciate an offical commitment/sacrament for the sake of "family."

Eve
    Had to look it up, but no they don't. Neither have children from previous relationships, either. According to wikipedia they do have 3 dogs and 4 cats though.

No more tacky than straight folks getting married on Regis and Kelly or the Morning shows that host them.

Acutally, it's ground breaking history and I think that's pretty cool! Sorta like her coming out on TV.

A station in Birmingham, Alabama wouldn't air that show, wonder if they will air this one or not. I think that station has the 'if we don't see it, it never happens in real life' syndrome.

I really like her. I didn't know she was 50 either until all of those shows the week of her actual birthday.

I read about the law being overturned yesterday and was just waiting to see if she would say anything today...yeah...Ellen and coffee are my morning routine after sending the older kid off to school lol. I'm happy for them I know she's mentioned wanting to be able to get married a few times on her show.

I've always liked Ellen, too, I think she's a great talk show host, very funny!! I wish her and Portia a very long and happy marriage.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Yay for Portia & Ellen. Hugs N love, always from LA and Beyond.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama View Post
    No more tacky than straight folks getting married on Regis and Kelly or the Morning shows that host them.
    Who ever said that wasn't tacky?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast