Grass Art

Karole28

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
More exciting than it sounds initially: in short, they control the amount of light the grass gets to create "photographs" using chlorophyll.

We are exploring the capacity of grass to record complex photographic images through the production of chlorophyll. The equivalent of the tonal range in a black-and-white photograph is produced in the yellow and green shades of living grass. Although these organic "photographs" are exhibited in a fresh state for a short time, excessive light or lack of it eventually corrupts the visibility of the image.

sunbathers-lo-res.jpg

Click!

That's pretty cool. How do they control the amount of light?

That's pretty cool. How do they control the amount of light?
The way I understand it is they would cover the grass to prevent a certain amount of light to get to it. (I could be wrong.) The article said they noticed one day when they picked up a ladder how it left the pattern a lighter color.

OHHhhhh, I just saw the little "Click" link thing. I wondered where y'all were getting your info. I thought Karole28 was doing this at work or in her backyard! lol :doh:

LOL Taxi! I don't think any of us would take the time to spend away from WS to literally watch grass grow. Hahahaha~

That's a very good point, SS. I thought perhaps Karole was a scientist on the side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back