DCF Seeks To Revoke Day Care's License After Field Trip Fiasco

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.news4jax.com/news/16294201/detail.html
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Department of Children and Families intends to revoke the license of Northside day care facility after employees took dozens of children on what authorities consider a dangerous ride during a field trip.

DCF spokesman John Harrell said 38 children from Kids Creation Child Care on Soutel were stuffed into a van that only seats 15 as they returned to the center after a visit to Chuck E. Cheese by Regency Square.

Harrell said the 4-year-olds were sitting on other children's laps, some were sitting on the floor between the seats and others were standing in the van

i live in Jacksonville. this was about a 20 mile trip.

OMG!!!

DCF should also be jailing the people who supposedly certify these places!!! Hasn't anyone checked their paperwork lately? Someone is NOT doing their job!!!

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I think we would all be horrified to know how many violations a day care can have before it's actually made to close down, and how lax some of these places are.

Hard to believe anyone would be stupid enough to do something like this, but that shows the place should be shut down. Places like this, that are so careless and lacking in common sense, are the day care centers where children die or get left behind at closing or as happened recently in Houston, get abducted by a new employee who turns out to have lost custody of her own child.

From the first link: Apparently they aren't even filing criminal charges, just fines and filing to pull the license, which the daycare can appeal.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

We treat dogs better!!!!!

OMG!!!

DCF should also be jailing the people who supposedly certify these places!!! Hasn't anyone checked their paperwork lately? Someone is NOT doing their job!!!

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

DCF in Florida is a freakin joke. Half of the employees working FOR DCF should be jailed themselves.

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story.aspx?content_id=4807165f-38d3-4f63-9933-58e9867b9e56
The DCF checked out the center and found that there were roaches in the kitchen, a damaged fence, exposed electrical sockets and the center built to house seventy-five kids was taking care of eighty-six.

We asked kids creation and more to comment on the shut down but no staffers wanted to talk.
The DCF had planned to revoke the center's license but now they don't have to. It's not clear if Kids Creation and More plans to file a later appeal

Frankly, I put the blame on CDF for not maintaining one of their very own centers. The Center and people are only as good as they are monitored. After all, who hired those at the Center? They have only themselves to blame.

When I read stories like these (among many others), I could do this job with my hands tied behind my back! Maybe it's because "I get it" unlike the bozo's that actually are "certified" for the job. What's the point of the Degree when you have absolutely NO common sense to use it??? Love to know who the head honcho was that oversaw this particular Center....

Dork.

On Friday I watched a daycare van drive off without strapping the kids in the carseats. The workers had taken the kids to Mcdonalds as a field trip, I guess, and while they sat on their butts eating fries the kids were acting like heathens in the playroom. The kids were under NO supervision.

I don't understand how or why parents are so blind when they send their kids to daycare. (Some parents) They just take the word of the center that they are doing a fine job, or worse yet, they take the word of some government agency that the center is A-OK.

Not all daycares are bad and many families need daycares but I wish we could all sacrifice more so the kids could stay home with one parent.

Many parents can't but trust the care of their children in a Daycare Center. I find this particular one to be disturbing because DCF is involved in it's care and functioning. That is where I place responsibility.

I do not think you can blame any parent doing what they need to do. Many, many do not have a choice but to place their children in a daycare situation. However, it does come down to trust. If I was placing my child/children in a DCF run facility, I would believe I was doing the best. Not a private daycare, but one run by DCF. If you cannot trust a state run facility, what other choices do these parents have?

Many parents can't but trust the care of their children in a Daycare Center. I find this particular one to be disturbing because DCF is involved in it's care and functioning. That is where I place responsibility.

I do not think you can blame any parent doing what they need to do. Many, many do not have a choice but to place their children in a daycare situation. However, it does come down to trust. If I was placing my child/children in a DCF run facility, I would believe I was doing the best. Not a private daycare, but one run by DCF. If you cannot trust a state run facility, what other choices do these parents have?
where did you read it was a state run care center? dcf is involved because they licence every daycare in the state.

where did you read it was a state run care center? dcf is involved because they licence every daycare in the state.

My apologies *totally* for misreading. :eek:

However, I still hold DCF responsible. When was the last time this daycare was reevaluated? If it was, by whom and was it an unannounced visit? Paper work means nothing when it comes to children. I would hate to think that this place was able to function with the very basic of licensing and review. Then anyone could open up a "daycare" at the very risk of children.

An elementary school in my town left a six year old out at a play village way out on the edge of town and the parents were never told that the child had been left or that she had been found by another school visiting the park. The parents are really upset, and I couldn't believe the excuses and skirting around the issue saying that the child was never in any danger, the parents were happy with how it was handled, and even people in the comments section of the newspaper were blaming the parents and the child.

My apologies *totally* for misreading. :eek:

However, I still hold DCF responsible. When was the last time this daycare was reevaluated? If it was, by whom and was it an unannounced visit? Paper work means nothing when it comes to children. I would hate to think that this place was able to function with the very basic of licensing and review. Then anyone could open up a "daycare" at the very risk of children.
we have all misread at some point hun. no worries.

i agree with you that dcf holds some blame. this place should have been shut down long before police had to be called. i also blame parents. how do you just drop your child off with these strangers and not check out the building?

I don't know that child care is up to par in any state. This happened to me years ago at an approved home day care. I went to pick up my son, but the provider had taken him (and other children) to a tupperware party - without my knowledge or approval - that she was hosting. Needless to say, that was the last week for her!

I don't know that child care is up to par in any state. This happened to me years ago at an approved home day care. I went to pick up my son, but the provider had taken him (and other children) to a tupperware party - without my knowledge or approval - that she was hosting. Needless to say, that was the last week for her!

Agreed! After we thought we had checked out an in-home day care, her roommate contracted measles, she put in a pond in her backyard, she transported my daughter without telling me, and she started watching Court TV when the kids were present (and there was a salacious lesbian murder trial on). I switched day cares as soon as I could, but this woman had kept all this from me or I never would have knowingly used her! There had been no complaints lodged against her...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back