1135 users online (235 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 195 of 196 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 2929
    IIRC, Norma and her sons went missing in her car, which has never been found. I'm thinking there's a good chance they tragically ended up in a body of water.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    IIRC, Norma and her sons went missing in her car, which has never been found. I'm thinking there's a good chance they tragically ended up in a body of water.
    I always think of water when people go missing with their cars and not found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rascal32 View Post
    I always think of water when people go missing with their cars and not found
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that's the general consensus of law enforcement, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Giucy View Post
    Was it WSB ?
    yes, my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by yogasleuther View Post
    Hi...I have been reading this for more than a year now but I just registered. All of you are doing a fantastic job trying to find this young girl in all our hearts a name! I am excited about Sami8's discovery of Lucie. I would be interested to hear what CarlK says. But let me ask one question...does the brown hair instead of reddish brown bother anyone? And to tell the truth I became so totally convinced that buckskin is Patricia Salamandyk. I believe it was allykins and Irish eyes who thought so too. I apologize if I am mistaken. Ally and Irish eyes...do you believe it's Lucie now and NOT Patricia? Does anyone else still believe in Patricia? I wish someone could get dna for her so she could be ruled. Two people on this thread transposed their faces together and it was astounding to me. And I am so sorry to you all about Porvin a while back. I was excited too...that was a slap to you all and undeserving.
    Bumping this reply because it's the 1st I found on Patricia. I sent her sister a FB message back in August 2016, she replied to me yesterday. She said she's seen BG's photos, she is not her sister.

Thanks for the update, Roselvr!
    That post you bumped also mentions Lucie Gelinas. I'm still not 100% sure she's BG, but it would be nice if LE looked into that possibility and put her on the rule-out list if she's not our Jane Doe.
    The idea that someone's life matters less is root of all evil in this world

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Bumping this reply because it's the 1st I found on Patricia. I sent her sister a FB message back in August 2016, she replied to me yesterday. She said she's seen BG's photos, she is not her sister.
    I'm glad her sister finally got back to you and confirmed she saw the pictures of BG.

When PS first showed up on the rule out list, I got up the courage to call the Miami County Sheriff's office and spoke to one of the detectives. He confirmed she was ruled out by DNA and not circumstances and that the resemblance was enough for the RCMP to contact them and for the family to take the next step and give a DNA sample. So it wasn't just me seeing things and it was regardless of the time that had passed between Patricia's disappearance and BG's discovery and where BG was found. I have a little bit more confidence in the rule out. He told me it had been in the works for some time but took longer due to working with officials across the border. You know how Canada does things differently, but at least they got done.

OT -
    Rose, do you know if NamUS would have run Patricia's DNA through CODIS to compare with other remains at the same time they compared it to BG? The NamUs rep wouldn't tell me. She said it was confidential, but I just wanted to know in general what happens in a case like that. Do you know how that works?

I'm glad her sister finally got back to you and confirmed she saw the pictures of BG.

When PS first showed up on the rule out list, I got up the courage to call the Miami County Sheriff's office and spoke to one of the detectives. He confirmed she was ruled out by DNA and not circumstances and that the resemblance was enough for the RCMP to contact them and for the family to take the next step and give a DNA sample. So it wasn't just me seeing things and it was regardless of the time that had passed between Patricia's disappearance and BG's discovery and where BG was found. I have a little bit more confidence in the rule out. He told me it had been in the works for some time but took longer due to working with officials across the border. You know how Canada does things differently, but at least they got done.

OT -
    Rose, do you know if NamUS would have run Patricia's DNA through CODIS to compare with other remains at the same time they compared it to BG? The NamUs rep wouldn't tell me. She said it was confidential, but I just wanted to know in general what happens in a case like that. Do you know how that works?
    Thanks to Roselyr and Alley too...for confirming
    that Patricia is NOT Buckskin. I feel better because it's bothered me...those transposed faces were alarmingly close. So now to move on and keep pondering on it. Unfortunately...Buckskin still with no name...and Patricia no body...two problems! And yes, whatever happened to Lucie? Thanks to all for clarifying.

It bothered me so much I had to call. That's not something I normally do, but I just had to make sure that she was ruled out by a biometric and not circumstances.

OT -
    With the DNA grant gone things are done differently. Im seeing private labs doing testing to compare 2 samples. It's really hard to say what they did. I really dislike them saying it's confidential.

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    With the DNA grant gone things are done differently. Im seeing private labs doing testing to compare 2 samples. It's really hard to say what they did. I really dislike them saying it's confidential.
    Are the grants gone again? Because they restored funding a couple of months ago.
    I'm hoping they ran hers through CODIS while they had it.

Peggy Reed was just posted on Charley Project. The similarity to Carl's reconstructions is striking. The time lapse is a little troubling but nothing that can't be explained by someone running away.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reed_peggy.html

Quote Originally Posted by dogmaticsusie View Post
    Peggy Reed was just posted on Charley Project. The similarity to Carl's reconstructions is striking. The time lapse is a little troubling but nothing that can't be explained by someone running away.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reed_peggy.html
    Dogma, do you know if anyone has submitted this? I don't believe she is in NamUs.
    I have the address for the detective if you want, I can PM you, he may not reply but he will read the email. Or, I can do it if you want. (If you haven't already)
    Time between disappearance and discovery is not a deal breaker for me, so I would do it.
    The only thing off for me is the height, but those can be off.
    Here's the original source for Peggy
    Last edited by Alleykins; 12-09-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Long-time researcher for Buckskin Girl's case here, and seeing Peggy's profile added to Charley Project brought me here. My only hesitation is the discrepancy between Peggy's open-mouthed smiling photo and BG's dental records. In the large photos from the profile Alleykins posted, it's more apparent that Peggy had a "short tooth" in her upper-right jaw (left when you're looking at her), i.e. it doesn't meet her lower teeth the way the corresponding tooth on the left does.

With BG's NamUs profile as detailed as it is, you'd think this would be noted in her dental charts. I still think this should be looked into ASAP, though.

Dogma, do you know if anyone has submitted this? I don't believe she is in NamUs.
    I have the address for the detective if you want, I can PM you, he may not reply but he will read the email. Or, I can do it if you want. (If you haven't already)
    Time between disappearance and discovery is not a deal breaker for me, so I would do it.
    The only thing off for me is the height, but those can be off.
    Here's the original source for Peggy
    Things are off- like height, but the face is interesting, imo.
    From link.
    Peggy Reed.