16 year old girl raped-you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfg3w11_A_E

Im not so sure what to think about the story. If it is true then they should be trying to get justice for her. What do you guys think??

I hate myself for this, but i'm not sure if i believe her. but i don't understand why she would do this if it weren't true. and surely she absolutely deserves justice if it is so.

but her tears . . . not quite working for me. looks too rehearsed . . .

i'm sorry. really. :(

I hate myself for this, but i'm not sure if i believe her. but i don't understand why she would do this if it weren't true. and surely she absolutely deserves justice if it is so.

but her tears . . . not quite working for me. looks too rehearsed . . .

i'm sorry. really. :(

i hate it say it too, but i dont believe it either.

I feel the same way. It looked all forced and scripted. I swear I heard someone speaking in the background then she said the same thing to the camera. It was on our news channel here in Vegas so I thought I would just see what others thought.

Obviously, the prosecutor didn't believe her either.

"Because I've lived in poverty my whole life."

That just sounds so scripted to me.

I think her story might be real, but I think she probably played it up for the camera to get a sympathetic ear. It was rehearsed, obviously, to the point of overkill.

/She looks a lot like Drew Barrymore.

lol I thought she looked like drew barrymore as well! I think during her crying scenes she kind of sounds like her too.

Sorry, I don't believe her either. She reminds me of someone close to me and this would be the same MO. Seen it for many years and always a different story but always the victim when it really is about attention seeking.

I don't know. To me, it is a very difficult call. While it could be for attention, I would say there is something going on to make a girl put out this type of video. Was it really a rape? Was it trying to "audition" by drawing attention to herself nationally? I would say this girl is really in some dire need of counseling either way. She got my attention.

It could be she has said it so many times to people it may sound rehearsed. She did say she had contacted a lot of different people. I am not saying it is true, but pointing out that after you tell a story (truth or not) several times...you may get the same result.

If it isnt true , she should be in the movies. And yeah, she does look like Drew Barrymore.

:crazy:I think it is a fake. Makes no sense for the DA not togo after the guy

Maybe it is something her attorny had her do? maybe in hopes of getting more attention causing pressure for a further investigation? but if it is real.. she has a lot of guts and is very strong to be able to go national with it.

Or her dad is making her do this because he did not support their relationship, and so he is pushing her to claim rape? I believe I read that the guy use to be her boyfriend.

Welcome, Airbubble! I have seen your posts around already. :) Sorry, if I missed welcoming you before. I also realize this was on the national news.

The girl is from Florida and it appears to be true. Here is her story on CNN:

Orange County authorities charged the 23-year-old man Crystal accused of assaulting her with lewd or lascivious battery. According to court documents, Crystal and the man both said they had an ongoing sexual relationship.

The prosecutor, who declined to comment to CNN, concluded that the teen and the 23-year-old had consensual sex, according to the case file.

Florida law states that a 15-year-old cannot give consent to sex. And though Crystal was 15 at the time of the alleged forced encounter, the prosecutor wrote that the case would not be prosecuted because Crystal was "a mere 1 month away" from turning 16, when it would be "legal to give consent," according to documents.

~snip~

Fewer than 5 percent of reported cases in Florida make it to a prosecutor's office, Dritt said. Whether because of lack of forensic evidence or because many are he said/she said accounts, rape cases can be very difficult to try.

"What you hear from every rape crisis center from Pensacola to Key West is that there are hardly ever any prosecutions," she said. "Most sexual violence is acquaintance rape, and unfortunately, a lot of juries still think that if a victim had a relationship with their attacker, then they cannot be raped by that person."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/15/rape.online/index.html

I know, I just read that.
I deleted my post cause it was dumb.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member