Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Kennedy

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

Ted Kennedy

Sen. Ted Kennedy is rushed to a hospital in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, a
    Democratic source tells CNN.

Just got this via Breaking News email if anyone is interested.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Oh I hope he will be ok.

Oh wow I hope he will be o.k. too. His wife is the sweetest thing.

From Reuters:

U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy, a leading Democrat, was rushed to a hospital in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, with symptoms of a stroke, CNN reported on Saturday.

Kennedy, 76, was taken to the hospital early in the morning, CNN reported, citing an unidentified prominent state party member.

WBZ TV Boston's report says:

U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy was airlifted to a Boston hospital Saturday morning after falling ill at the Kennedy compound in Hyannisport, the Cape Cod Times reported.

He was first rushed to Cape Cod Hospital, and after being in the emergency room for two hours he was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital, according to the Times.

I hope and pray he will be ok.

me too. always liked him.

regardless of the scandals, he seems to be a nice man. takes some courage to keep going when so many are putting your whole life and your family's life under a microscope. nobody is perfect.

hope all comes out ok.

They were saying symptoms of a stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    They were saying symptoms of a stroke.
    Oh my I hope if it is it is just a mini stroke and not a major one. Ted Kennedy is a very intelligent man and even though he has things in his past I do believe he is one of the best Senators we have ever had and I am not a Democrat or Republican.

imoo

Although I don't wish the man ill or harm he left that girl to drown in that automobile. He's crooked. He had alot of nerve walking around with that neck brace on when he left Mary Jo in that car in those waters. Not to mention then walked all the way back to his hotel and went to sleep. I wouldn't say that was a "scandal" I'd say that was murder. No, not convicted. Heck, not even tried. He's a Kennedy and the rules that apply to the rest of us don't apply to them. My heart breaks for what his first wife went through. Just my opinion, but a scandal is maybe having an affair when you're married. Driving off a bridge and gettting yourself out and then just leaving the scene is more than a scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Although I don't wish the man ill or harm he left that girl to drown in that automobile. He's crooked. He had alot of nerve walking around with that neck brace on when he left Mary Jo in that car in those waters. Not to mention then walked all the way back to his hotel and went to sleep. I wouldn't say that was a "scandal" I'd say that was murder. No, not convicted. Heck, not even tried. He's a Kennedy and the rules that apply to the rest of us don't apply to them. My heart breaks for what his first wife went through. Just my opinion, but a scandal is maybe having an affair when you're married. Driving off a bridge and gettting yourself out and then just leaving the scene is more than a scandal.
    I agree filly, it is and was murder leaving her like that and knowing she was in the water. I do however not wish anything bad on him but what is the saying, "every dog has his day"?

I agree filly, it is and was murder leaving her like that and knowing she was in the water. I do however not wish anything bad on him but what is the saying, "every dog has his day"?
    Yup, Michelle that's the saying. At some point in life people get what's coming to them. I believe that, anyway.

Yup, Michelle that's the saying. At some point in life people get what's coming to them. I believe that, anyway.
    I believe it too.

Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    Sen. Ted Kennedy is rushed to a hospital in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, a
    Democratic source tells CNN.

Just got this via Breaking News email if anyone is interested.
    I'm not a Democrat but for some reason I've always been fascinated by the Kennedy clan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ...It's a COWARDLY, NO BACKBONE scandal! He is someone that I have never liked and the only reason he's been able to get away with "anything" that is wrong, is that he is a KENNEDY!

I hope he is ok. BTW, I am related to the Kennedys.

totally agree 100%.. most of wat he as ad to endure over the yeas is is own doing.. I dont wis him or anyone else ill but I wouldnt invite him to be a friend either. I guess I ave i expectations for my friends.

He is scum, he is a murdering scumbag so I hope his death reflects the kind of life this jerk has led.

I'll say it: if it's a major stroke, i hope for him he'll die.

my grandmother suffered a major stroke. not pretty. and she suffered, really suffered, for the 7 years rest of her life.

What Michelle and Filly said. I don't wish him harm but the Kennedys disgust me and they have had so much tragedy in their family, you gotta wonder if what goes around, comes around.

A good friend of mine was in rehab with Joan Kennedy a number of years ago. Joan told quite a few stories about the Kennedy clan.

I actually have a lot of respect for them, Ted included, but they are not without their achilles heels.

My prayeres for Ted to make a strong recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by panglossian View Post
    I hope he is ok. BTW, I am related to the Kennedys.
    Hi, Pan. It looks like he may have had a stroke. I noticed the last time I saw him on TV that he had a limp and was quite heavy. He didn't look well.

Prayers for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by kato View Post
    I'm not a Democrat but for some reason I've always been fascinated by the Kennedy clan.
    There are alot of interesting books about them, that's for sure. Some of them are/were really, really GOOD; and some of them were/are a mess or really, really bad. (the Kennedys)

But if you look around, it's that way with many families, especially political ones, and that way across our entire population IMO. Many have substance abuse problems.

Some "repent" and try to do good works to make up for it; some never do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex View Post
    Hi, Pan. It looks like he may have had a stroke. I noticed the last time I saw him on TV that he had a limp and was quite heavy. He didn't look well.

Prayers for his family.
    Marthatex, I thought the same about his appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex View Post
    There are alot of interesting books about them, that's for sure. Some of them are/were really, really GOOD; and some of them were/are a mess or really, really bad. (the Kennedys)

But if you look around, it's that way with many families, especially political ones, and that way across our entire population IMO. Many have substance abuse problems.

Some "repent" and try to do good works to make up for it; some never do.
    You ain't chiitin' about the books. I practically have a library on them. LOL

yahoo is quoting medical folk as saying it was a seizure and not a stroke and he's watching baseball with his family in the hospital. I have issues with his behavior over the years, but it's not my place to sit in judgement.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast